Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Homemade Mop + Ink

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by Kado1, May 2, 2016.

Share This Page

1. Kado1

Kado1 New Member

Does anyone have any good tip on how to make a nice homemade mop along with homemade ink?

2. HexxInkworks

HexxInkworks Senior Member

you clearly havent looked on this forum or the internet for that matter

ghetto krink - oil based paint, 2/3 to 3/4 paint thinner, shoe polish mop, dump all the shit out, put ghetto krink inside, sorted

3. Jayjay10

Jayjay10 Member

Acrylic paint from walmart is real cheap like 50 cents for a small bottle. Put the whole bottle of paint in the mop and add like 1/3 water then shake it up and put in a brillo pad for a nib i use it all the time cuz ink never works for me lol i made a thread about this

4. 1MARS

1MARS Senior Member

can i use house paint or dye instead of ink? and can I use water to thin paint?

5. R3TCH3D

R3TCH3D Senior Member

Ive used water to thin paint it works but not as well as paint thinner

6. 1MARS

1MARS Senior Member

7. HëRbN

HëRbN Elite Member

hold up, you can use water to thin acrylic and water based paints, paint thinner is for oil based paints. So it depends on what your thinning... and ink is totally different than paint, so the nib to whatever your putting it in should also very depending on whether your using paint, or ink.

8. HexxInkworks

Yes it does depend on what your thinning, the only reason why you'd use water is to thin acrylic, as everything else water soluble is shit, typically if the paint smells weird then add thinners to it, I'm personally experimenting with addin thinners to acrylic rn

The traditional different between ink and paint is that paint is made up of three things, pigment, binder, and water which you add yourself, while ink is just pigment and water, but in graff terms ink is typically some sort if solvent and pigment to make it stain more

9. BoombapCat

BoombapCat New Member

How would adding water to an ink recipe to strwtch the amouny of ink consisting of; pen ink isopropyl alchol and dot 3 break fluid work?

10. HexxInkworks

adding water to that recipe wont work dont bother, the only thing that you can add water to to thin it and is permenant is acrylic paint

11. Pushsh

Pushsh New Member

Last edited: Jun 16, 2016
  12. HexxInkworks

13. Jayjay10

Jayjay10 Member

For ink I use Nail polish remover to thin it

14. HexxInkworks

formally known as acetone