Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

My Montana marker 30mm is dripping

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by Cherboo, May 9, 2016.

Share This Page

1. Cherboo

Cherboo New Member

Hey guys, I just got myself some markers, but before I only used cans. And I knew some basics about markers and such but I recently got the Montana 30mm marker and when I turn it upside down, with the nib facing down, it starts dripping from the sides... I could use some help guys.
    And btw, it is white, and when I write, it isn't like it shows in the picture, it is kinda faded, any help?

2. drakesang999

drakesang999 Member

What ink are you using? I tried only once a Mtn marker and I said "I'll stick to my Grog"... Never tried to refill it though... The grog squeezer 25 fmp has a screw cap and then something that you pull with all your force to open, it's kind of hard to open, at first I used a chisel to weaken it and it's not dripping... I don't know about mtn, I'll just put all the paint in the container and force it to get as tight as possible and if it doesn't work... Try with some electric tape and if this doesn't work just... throw the nib away (with the closing mechanism)...

3. echoV

echoV Senior Member

jessus fck'n christ, man. why the hell are you using MySpace fonts on this forum?

4. echoV

echoV Senior Member

the pigment is probably not completely mixed with the alcohol, so shake it up really really well before using.
    also, being so runny (alcohol-based ink) i think those are made to be used on walls 'n such (vertical surfaces) instead of being held upside-down to write on horizontal surfaces.
    i just got a black one, but i haven't used it yet... i was 'saving it' for some bus-stop calligraphy in the summer months.

5. HexxInkworks

HexxInkworks Senior Member

could you upload a picture t show us where it leaks?