Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Best can for painting A box truck/ vehicle

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by sailor_moons, Jun 27, 2016.

Share This Page

1. sailor_moons

sailor_moons New Member

So I have a friend who wants to pay me to paint his Food truck for his business. He's pretty much gonna let me do my thing. Is there a brand of durable and weather/ fade proof low pressure paint anyone would suggest to me? Ironlak is cheap but is really shitty in terms of weathering/ fading. Montana cans in the city limits go for 8 to 9 bucks a can. its fucking ridiculous. Its my first legal painting job otherwise I would usually just fuck with rusto but I dont want to have to deal with busting caps and adapters trying to work in small spaces and doing detail especially if I'm getting paid for it. If anyone could suggest a few brands that have a nice durable quality and is moderately cheap that'd be dope.

2. HexxInkworks

HexxInkworks Senior Member

id use ironlak and then clear coat it tbh

3. R3TCH3D

R3TCH3D Senior Member

I'd use kobra its not that cheap but you get what you pay for

4. Ironlakaustralia

Ironlakaustralia New Member

5. Ray of Today

Ray of Today Elite Member

In city limits? Sounds like you should head to the country for some low cost paint for your graffing.
    Personally I'd say fuck Ironlak for being a graf paint company that made an inferior product for writers, despite getting good writers to endorse it. Plus, it smells like shit, you die a little each time you use it!
    I would tend to say go with Belton or German Montana, both tried and true, works well on metal, works well in any weather condition.

6. Mr.Late

Mr.Late Senior Member

Molotow, it would be worth it and why doesn't he cover your paint? If Your doin that shit for free your a fool.

7. ..romero..

..romero.. Elite Member

your best bet is ordering some mtn or some molotow.. kobra and flame are also good options, flame being the cheapest option out of all those choices.. online is better because they aren't taxin you like stores do plus over a certain dollar amount its free shipping so its worth it.

8. Ironlakaustralia

Ironlakaustralia New Member

YO! We reduced the smell a few years ago! Educate yourself here: http://ironlak.com/2014/01/the-fat-controller-i-smell-some-filthy-rumours/