Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Ink staining power.

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by Koffiemolen, Jul 8, 2016.

Share This Page

1. Koffiemolen

Koffiemolen Member

I recently made a really thick and opaque black ink, it looks sweet in a train but it never ever leaves a fat stain. I added fish oil but what should i do ? DOT 3 is kind hard to get in the Netherlands.... Any help would be great

2. Veno12

Veno12 Member

i have seen people talk about some stuff like PVC glues/primer or some shit, but it might change your color and smells like shit

3. Ray of Today

Ray of Today Elite Member

I've left some amazingly powerful black stains in my pants. I think a combination of coffee and alcohol worked best.

4. Veno12

Veno12 Member

that works best i think

5. HexxInkworks

HexxInkworks Senior Member

i think it depends what youre using in your recipe, as you obvs want things to work with each other

6. Koffiemolen

Koffiemolen Member

Yeah i understand i need to make some changes but maybe the fish oil doesnt do the trick? or maybe i should add some chemicals but i'm kinda looking for some tips

7. HexxInkworks

fish oil and or dot3 doesnt add any super "staining power" it only slows the drying time of the ink and therefore gives it more time to sit on the surface to absorb in it, but if the material isnt porous im pretty sure its pointless

8. R3TCH3D

R3TCH3D Senior Member

Hes right if the surface is smooth (like a train) it wont stain, but i dont see the problem of it not staining as long as its hard to buff, and btw if your tagging trains your stuff is gonna be buffed even it does stain because they will just use a buttload of chemicals on it or just paint over it or whatever the fuck they need to do to get rid of the tag. Basically its gonna be buffed on a train... Sorry if i was going on a bit lol

Last edited: Jul 12, 2016
  9. Koffiemolen

Koffiemolen Member

Yeah i knew it slowed down the drying time i just hoped to stain a smooth surface a little harder.. Anyone could reccomend something? I wanted to try idodine and sugar for a lue stain or maybe methylene blue.. Anyone could recommend something?

10. HexxInkworks

thats not particularly true, you can get some smooth wood surfaces and theyre porus, so it stains, i hit this like, electrical breaker cover thing and that was wood and the dye sinked into it like a bitch

Although i did hit a normal metal electrical box with the same marker and its been there for ages now and hasnt faded or anything

and i havent really bothered pratting around with stuff like that, it ends up being more expensive than buying actual graff brand stuff, plus its hit and miss so you could waste your money.

either just get a can (or 4) of high pressure paint, if youve got some low pressure expose it to heat (thatll make it high pressure temporarily) or just kiwi and ghetto krink, ghetto krink is so under rated its unbelieable

11. Koffiemolen

Koffiemolen Member

Thanks man yeah i tagged a electrical box and worked fine its still there but i butst tags for soo loong in trains and they never stay.. i tried many brand inks but what i read in the ink thread were ome chemical additives might do the trick. was looking for someone rocking it.

12. R3TCH3D

R3TCH3D Senior Member

I know you want tips on what to add to your ink but if you really want an ink that stains buy some monster colours high stain sick ink. That shit stains like fuck

13. HexxInkworks

Man monster colors is fucking Scottish! I stumbled across them a few months ago they seem p good

14. R3TCH3D

R3TCH3D Senior Member

There is ink is pretty good but their mops and markers suck

15. HëRbN

HëRbN Elite Member

Add PVC primer for a good stain. It'll give your ink a purple hue but can be used in place of alcohol or whatever your base is. (As long as your not making water based inks) Also (in USA) it is readily available at hardware stores. Generally the more horrible, chemically and nauxious something smells the better it is lol.

Ghosting in my mind is better than just staining, PVC primer works really well for ghosting as well, meaning when its painted over it rises to the surface and shows a ghost through the buff.

If you wanna get hood with it koolaid can also add some amount of staining powder, i'd stick to red colors, blue and purples work aight too. They work best if your ink isnt super thick though. So they should be added after the final cutting or to the original base.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2016
  16. HexxInkworks

I've heard only tiny bits about this pvc primer, so all
    You do is mix that with ink instead of rubbing alcohol for example?

17. Koffiemolen

Koffiemolen Member

Okay guys im looking to hit a train with a filthy,nasty ink that ll fuck it up.
    Example.

Attached Files:

18. HexxInkworks

if youre going to hit a train you hit it with cans, no point with markers