Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Don't know how to start, help.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Derto, Oct 22, 2016.

Share This Page

1. Derto

Derto Member

I just started sketching a month ago and I already started doing something more complicated than just a toy image.jpg but some people think that they get lost in my letters and that i am going too fast , saying that I should start with bars and basic shapes, but I don't feel it, it's just not my thing, when I do it with bars I end up with terrible looking thing on the paper image.jpg so how should I keep doing graffiti? Just keep doing it my way till I get that style and flow to it, or keep learning bars and shapes? Help. PS: ignore the tag, Im working on it.

2. echoV

echoV Senior Member

if you're not willing to apply this "graffiti criticism" to your "art," then its not graffiti, and you can stop calling it that.

3. clineee!

clineee! Senior Member

agreed with echoV. keep going it takes a long time to get better. you just started right? a month ago dude. get familiar with your handstyle and figure out how to do a throw up before you try to go straight into pieces. that's the same mistake i made. start handstyles, then throw ups, then start sketching pieces bit by bit.

4. HëRbN

HëRbN Elite Member

Everything people have told you is true, your "more complicated" stuff is oogly and lacks any structure. You start with bars and simples to learn a concrete structure. Style develops over time and there is no rushing it. Many of the writers you see a lot of stuff from or "famous" writers have been at it for 10 years or more, you will not get there by trying to cut corners. Either take the advice and progress naturally and quicker. Or ignore it and continue to write horrible stuff that no one will take serious on the street, you'll get crossed, made fun of and possibly jumped if your trashing up areas with some toy as shit. That's the honest trueth, and the streets will be tougher on you then anyone here.

Can you wrap your head around how many other people come through here with your exact attitude? The "oh i don't have to follow the guidelines and advice from writers who have been at it forever because im already so good and..." Thousands if not tens of thousands, and it all goes the same way, either they do their own thing for a year or two, or they follow others advice and live and breath that shit. Graffiti is not a hobby.

We all give the same advice because it's the only thing that works. And frankly were all tired of telling Timmy Toy the same old shit