Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

South East Uk Graf

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by Silvar, Aug 24, 2004.

Share This Page

1. Silvar

Silvar Elite Member

OK, im from Surrey, and where I live, there aint nowhere nearby to improve can skills. To be honest, I have very little can skills as there aint anywhere I can practice. I've done a few good sketches and one large one on me wall in my room (two A1 pieces of paper, landscape, side by side). The problem is that i cant find anywhere that i can get to that is gonna be quiet enough for long enough, cos I kinda got a thing for wildstyle, and there's only one person who is really into graf enough to come wit me n look out / vice versa. If anyone knows of anywhere that i can practice n get some downtime wit a can, please tell me. Oh the other slight problem is the fact that I only got one other person wit me, so it needs to be a DEAD QUIET place, it dont matter if no one sees it, cos first pieces will be crap probably.

2. Modezone

Modezone New Member

i live in london but im pretty familiar wid surrey ends wot part off surrey u from ?

3. PANIC!FUP_MORE...

PANIC!FUP_MORE... Elite Member

im not from the UK, but i know if u have any train tracks or abandoned buildings around, those places are always good...i live in philadelphia, and when i was a toy (i think i still am, not sure), i practiced in an abandoned mental hospital called byberry, and it was good cuz other writers would practice there and i could meet graffiti artists n sstart crews and such...but u should just find an abandoned building/buildings somewhere around u and usually, no1 will bug u there, unless they have security/cops :)

4. MaNiaK

MaNiaK Elite Member

the best places to go are, washes, undergruond tunnels, train yards, highway underpasses.... go places only taggers go...theres a reason they say graffiti is "underground" cause thats where you can find it look around and be creative dont be afriad to make your own yards if you find a wash somewhere or something or somewhere theres a wall that many people dont go to go there... or go to one at night theres less risk of being busted....

5. Silvar

Silvar Elite Member

Im near Redhill, u know it? Seriously, Im definitely still a toy, I got good designs but aint really done a piece on a wall b4, never found the right ppl. It sucks. I'll put up an URL in a day or two with a few of my blackbook pieces n if u all wanna rate them, plz do. And... this is gonna make me sound stupid... wats a wash?

6. PANIC!FUP_MORE...

i read about an abandoned hospital somewhere in redhill, that may be a good place to start :D

7. Silvar

Silvar Elite Member

Cheers man, nice 2 know that i aint gonna get dissed jus cos im new. Im workin on the basic website now so in a few mins i shud ave it up, but its takin ages cos can only upload one pic at a time. Dont expect nothin fancy, i only know basic HTML!

8. MaNiaK

MaNiaK Elite Member

whuts a wash...lol... you must be english... its like aaa... lets see... gotta be english combatible.... its a drainage ditch for when it rains ya know thier concretehave big walls....great for painting....

9. Silvar

Silvar Elite Member

ah u mean like a giant storm drain? we dont really have those here, not that i know of anyways. the only place i seen one was on Grease!

10. MaNiaK

MaNiaK Elite Member

go to a skatepark... i know you have those,

11. MaNiaK

MaNiaK Elite Member

well i dont know whut you can do...not write but then life would be boring...i got an idea...buy a big piece of wood and use that as a practice board thats whut i used to do

12. MaNiaK

MaNiaK Elite Member

/\/\/\/\ true...and youll get your name up and get known....

13. Silvar

Silvar Elite Member

Ir0ny, did u watch NY-LON on tv earlier?! Cos they said thing bout bein dead tomoz on that! Ok ppl if u wanna look at my toyish sketches, go to Silvar3. I have named each SilvarX with X bein a number. Please rate them and say something here sayin "SilvarX is crap" or wateva. Thanks ppl. Oh and freewebs.com is great for a free website (duh!) to host ur pics, only is u can be arsed to make a site. If not maybe i cud make a quick page for you, and u can send me ur pics via email then i'll put them up for u and send you the URL!

14. AnicsOneLBK

AnicsOneLBK Senior Member

your peices are way to complicated why are you even trying wild styles if you know you are toy. do simple straight letters and preactice your bombs and handstlyes.. amd throw those in the trash.

15. PANIC!FUP_MORE...

...dont ever call yourself a toy again, ur really good man...i suggest getting a good bubble type style where you just write it, and hit stuff with that first, and as you get more experienced with bombing, then start doing your wild styles...your work on paper is amazing for a starter :D

16. SlickONE

SlickONE Member

you are a toy but you got the basics down...so i all have to say is keep it simple.

17. MoNkEy

MoNkEy Elite Member

holy shit there well nice, well i live in sanderstead thats about 15 mins car journey away from redhill, Im going to paint a legal wall tomoz in north london, dunno if ya wanna come?? How old are you aswell ???

18. MoNkEy

MoNkEy Elite Member

yer if you can pull off painting them then you will get some credit

19. MBTA

MBTA Senior Member

yeah

england

20. Silvar

Silvar Elite Member

Thanks monkey bt i dunno if can make it tomoz. If not then shout me next time ur goin yeah? Thanks everyone 4 ratin it, appreciate it. I find it really hard to do bubble n simple stuff cos every time i do, by the time i get to the second half of the second letter, wildstyle creeps in!