Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

How to get confidence to bomb

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by JoKe131, Nov 14, 2016.

Share This Page

1. JoKe131

JoKe131 New Member

I always have my shit ready but when I make it to the wall I always pussy out
    How do I not be pussy
    alcohol or xanax?

2. clineee!

clineee! Senior Member

3. Ray of Today

Ray of Today Elite Member

​you need to be a little more cocky...

4. Ahem

Ahem Senior Member

Drink a couple beers if need be to loosen up. Tag with markers then move up to paint.

5. ethan

ethan New Member

i had the same at first, but i don't recommend drinking alcohol or taking any narcotics.
    firt i recommend telling one of your trusted friends that you think will be okay with coming along (maybe even paint themselves), i recommend this because it will make it more fun and you'll be more motivated to go (also you can't really cancel if there's someone already waiting for you).
    if you're afraid of getting caught, first go to a spot in bright daylight where its almost impossible to be seen and take your friend to be on watch, take a can and make something (doesn't matter how ugly, it'll be out of sight anyways) this will probably give you some confidence, then go tagging with markers because they're easy to conceal and slowly move your way up to cans.
    if you're worried about the quality of your pieces or tags, make a fuckton of sketches and also start with markers, this will give you better handeye coordination on vertical grounds, then make some stencils as you'll be able to make something nice while still getting the feel of the can.

6. drapes1125

drapes1125 Elite Member

bruh Xanax probably I mean pills always help me but I usually take like addies or vyvance dude vyvance has me drawing all night on one picture and I t wasn't that great but at school that day I drawd some hard ass letteres like old English graffiti

7. almighte3

almighte3 Member

i GUess just play eeniee mineyy moe or play chicken and see who chickens out first and just keep tagging and walk along after you get done IMG_4067.jpg

8. LEARN:Tags

LEARN:Tags Member

9. CacerOne

CacerOne Senior Member

for me it was bringing a buddy. i get way more ups when im with someone else than when im solo. hearing someone elses feedback gets you pumped to blast your name

10. Hythe Brand

Hythe Brand Member

There's a fuck it mentality that kind of comes with the trade haha. Have to trust your gut though! If it feels sketch, might be a good idea to assess the situation.

Bring a friend though, drink a tall can of Modelo, and have some fun with it. Experience is the only way to get comfortable and hone your senses. Trial and error.

11. 4YOU2

4YOU2 Member

If your that terrified just don't do it. You seem like your doing graffiti to be "hip" or "cool" or whatever.

I write because it's fun and I like the adrenaline buzz from it. If you really want to do it. Just do it... Don't think about what will happen if you get caught or if someone's sees you just try to enjoy the moment.

If your under 16 you really have nothing to lose. Usually cops give you warnings but that of course depends on your area.

12. Zeusxl

Zeusxl Member

Don't drink it will make you careless and get caught! Same with weed, everything in moderation is fine but I know too many people who got drunk or high and thought they were unstoppable graff machines only to wake up in a cell.

I used to like a little pick me up to keep me alert.

13. 0113

0113 Senior Member

Personally I don't drink or smoke either, maybe for some it works but I think it's kind of stupid. You're going to trip when running from cops or some stupid shit.

14. HexxInkworks

HexxInkworks Senior Member

just baby steps really, just do what youre comfortable with and then keep moving up and up. and i agree with the point of theres a certain amount of "fuck it" mentality that comes with it

15. Koda01

Koda01 Senior Member

or you can go hit spots and then you go get high/ drunk to celebrate ahahahah (if you get caught, well, forget this plan).

16. Dabaddictedmonster

Dabaddictedmonster Member

Few years late on this but i would just hit chills and neck break spots till you have the confidence. Booze and xans help not be shook (will be catching tags infront of cops with how little you care/notice) but why risk becoming addicted and what not when you can just catch 2 tags and the paranoia will be gone. Plus when you do shit when your fucked up alot of times you can tell

17. nastynasty

nastynasty Senior Member

I recently was out bombing, came home and reflected on it. I realized that there is a fuck it mentality. Yes, trust your gut but when it's time to get up whatever happens, happens. If you're in the middle of a fill in and someone catches you it's no more "What if I get caught". It's fight or flight. When it happens, it happens. The future is expectation and the past is a memory. The only thing that exists is now. That's how you have to think otherwise you will be pissing your boots every time you pull out a can and never get up because the next tag is always the one you'll get caught for. You have to believe nothing will happen and when something does happen you have to believe you will get away. Never doubt.

18. sKuNkTOthe3

sKuNkTOthe3 Member

I don't recommend any drug use - been there and done that and I can tell you that anything other than weed is a waste of time and unhealthy and even weed is kind of a waste of money and can make you very unmotivated. When I was younger I thought drugs made you cool and I was always trying everything and now at my wise old age my advice is to just stay away from all of it. Waste of money, waste of brain cells, etc. I don't mean to sound corny but I genuinely care about young people and I have seen too many people fuck up their lives from booze, pills, opiates, etc. Also, if you're going out bombing you want to have your senses sharp... you need to be looking, listening, etc. Also, if you're fucked up you aren't going to to be doing the best quality art. I've gone out and hit up stuff while really drunk and it looked like absolute crap the next day. Embarassing.

My advice is to constantly be searching for spots in the day time. Look for traffic, look for cameras, look for anything that might ruin the spot. Check out the place a few times, not just once... but don't be suspicious about it or obvious. Also, until you are ready to paint, stick with markers, mops, streakers, etc. They are way easier to conceal, they're cheaper overall, and make less noise. Paint is basically the final step. If you're looking for fame and wanna get up in really conspicuous spots, it's going to take some risk and as someone who has been gone to jail for graff before, let me just say that it's not fun. These days I still get up but I don't do shit in broad daylight nor do I go for really conspicuous spots unless I know the area very well and it's super late at night, like 3-4 a.m..

long rant short - it's always gonna be a risk. you can always stick to blackbooks and slaps.