Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

New (of course), Tag Style Development, Need Opinions

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Zergei, Nov 29, 2016.

Share This Page

1. Zergei

Zergei New Member

I'm very new to graffiti as a whole, and I don't think very highly of my work so far. My personal one is still in development, but one of the most notable ones is the one that reads "JRLY" (Jareilly). The rest are random words and things that come to me. I just sketched out this page today to test what I see as a tag, and I was looking for opinions and notable things I do that define the scribbles. Thanks!

- Zergei

IMG_20161129_200026.jpg

2. Bt98

Bt98 Senior Member

Welcome to the forums. Work wise, the best thing you can do for yourself at this point is to write whatever you want to write in plain, keyboard style letters. Fill notebooks with that, get a really good feel for how letters work with eachother. The hardest part of graffiti is getting structure down. Takes a lot of effort, but it's essential. So just keep it simple for now, style will come naturally
    Also, for future reference, there are threads for tags, throwies, and blackbook work. Post on those for crits, just remember to give crits too!

3. aus

aus Member

Hey, nice start. I'd purchase a black book and fill the entire size of a page with a tag, I'm saying that you should practice on a scale you'd actually do tags with. At the moment I'd say to learn how to get a better flow with your tag. Try writing tags in sync to music, or just quickly in the way your mind wants you to.