Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

How to remove glued-on KRINK K-71 top?

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by touch_thy_egg, Dec 9, 2016.

Share This Page

1. touch_thy_egg

touch_thy_egg New Member

Hey so for anyone who knows about this, I've got a question regarding the KRINK K-71. I want to refill it but the top is superglued on. How can I remove the top? I like this marker a lot and want to continue tagging with it, especially since it was kind of on the expensive side. It seems like KRINK deliberately makes it so that you have to just keep buying their markers over and over to squeeze money out of you by only filling their markers half-way with ink and making it impossible to remove the top, and by not selling replacement nibs and ink refills. Anyway, if anyone knows how to remove the top without damaging the marker, let me know

2. Slippyfist

Slippyfist New Member

It is alcohol based, rubbing alcohol or denatured alcohol will do the trick. Soak it for a few minutes get two adjustable wrenches, wrap the marker in a towel and hold it firmly, don't crush it...and twist the cap off.

3. HexxInkworks

HexxInkworks Senior Member

yeah any glue comes off with pretty much any kind of solvent, as it breaks it down. just put dab a fair amount on leave it a while to soak and then move it about. if that doesnt work try heat as heat will heat up the glue and change it back to a liquid form

4. Favor

Favor New Member

also twist it both ways, i think i remember them making it so it spins clockwise to take it off.

5. DyS$kyse

DyS$kyse Banned

who wanna start a fat gang where you overdose on food when you dishonor???
    we can all go get steaks and eat some pizza and the worlds fluffiest pancakes.
    bruh, there is no fail to this we can all eat and write graffiti.