Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Bad Feelings before writing?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kryo, Feb 8, 2017.

Share This Page

1. Kryo

Kryo Member

Sometimes I get so anxious to go out, I just gotta jet, and I've had a few tines I want a wall, but catch a bad feeling, and say fuck it and move on. Lately I been wantin to go out but then catching a second anxiety... Like telling me to just stay in tonight. Right now I wanna go but it's the 3rd night I get a fucked up feeling as I'm picking colors, and it just builds the whole time. Last night I went all the way up the road then went home.

Am I fuckin crazy or should I just lay low? Or just go harder and say fuck feelings?

2. Skog1

Skog1 Member

Hey, may i ask how old you are? And also, is it because you feel guilty or you don't want to get caught?

3. PUTS

PUTS Elite Member

I get that feeling once in awhile, I wouldn't ignore it.

4. Zeusxl

Zeusxl Member

I never feel like that before I leave but if I'm on a mission and I get that feeling I disappear, trust your gut.

5. whiteup

whiteup New Member

Anxiety = Fear

What's got you fucked up? Do you not wanna get caught, do you feel ashamed/guilty for messing with peoples property?
    Figure the answer to that out then assess it.
    Fear makes us skeptical of the things we do, sometimes for a good reason.

When you feel that way, just go for a walk and bring your stuff in case you find the courage (or stupidity haha)

6. echoV

echoV Senior Member

trust your gut, for sure... better safe than sorry...
    but also, don't write-off planning your spots ahead of time... whatever time of day/night you think you wanna go, see how the scene looks during that period a few nights in a row (or not). at the very least, doing that will lessen the nerves on the night you DO go out cuz it'll "feel" like you have a plan-- the placebo effect maybe haha but, u can also use those nights 2 scope out where you'd dip if you had to in a hurry, preferably where cars don't drive thru or have access to easily, which'll add to the feeling of having a plan to finish your mission successfully.

7. 0113

0113 Senior Member

Agree with echoV, just observe your target. I've observed places for days while the painting just took me two hours or some. Still worth it.

8. Ray of Today

Ray of Today Elite Member

9. BAITS

BAITS Moderator

I recently hit up a billboard on a highway, 100% visible. I wanted to do it for ages but i made myself observe it for a few days, monitoring traffic and such. If you get that feeling about a spot, observe it for a while, then go for it or not.
    In general, trust your gut.

10. quickiehand

quickiehand Senior Member

asking the important questions

11. Ray of Today

Ray of Today Elite Member

Indeed. Trying to rock out with diarrhea, no bueno.

12. sKuNkTOthe3

sKuNkTOthe3 Member

My advice is to never go out looking suspicious. Dress like a fuckin' dork. Dress in a suit and tie. If it is daytime, get a high-vis vest and steal a hard hat from somewhere. Make it look like you're a worker. You know when you're in public and some people are just kinda invisible to you? You don't pay any attention to them? Think about what they are wearing and copy it. You definitely don't wanna go out tagging in a hoodie and skate shoes, lol. Make it like a spy movie.

Observing the scene for a while is a very good idea. Get to know an area first. Learn how much foot traffic goes by, how often you see cops, if there's any people living nearby who might be walking home or taking their dog out to shit. If you're going for high visibility areas and you're anxious, that's for good reason!

13. Tokenhein

Tokenhein New Member

It's normal to be afraid. If you have this feeling, maybe you should just do graffs more hiden. :)

14. datguydaze

datguydaze Senior Member

i have pure euphoria before i start writing i get it all down in my sketchbook first and then spend the amount of time i got putting it on to the wall or freights or container or whatever is tthe surface but when i first started i did feel kind of like i was scared becasue it was something new to me and we were doing it in the day time on building in the midtown part of the city and there were cars going by and everything the next day though i felt like i culd do anything i even tryed to spraypaint an eighteen wheeler while i was in the car sipping some taaka vodka

15. Dic3OG

Dic3OG Member

I got this feeling the first time I went out, I felt really paranoid and scared, also just some weird feeling. Now I dont get that anymore still dont know what it was though

16. Kryo

Kryo Member

I know its been a long time. Apologies.
    Its just a fear of getting caught probably. And someone asked how old i am: 28. And 2 kids and a 6 year relationship. I jist did a few month stint and im not sure if next time i go out thays gonna help the feelings go away because im too excited to write again or if its gonna make it worse because i dont wanna go to jail for graf a 3rd time (2nd as an adult)...
    Hopefully though, ill feel like anarchist superman haha

17. dazeyes1

dazeyes1 Guest

I don't give a fuck if I got a cold I would still write

18. hungover

hungover Elite Member

usually if i have a bad feeling about a spot, im usually right for some reason. If i know im gonna hit a spot more visible, I usually scout the area for a couple days. Other then that, the normal anxiety is what makes it fun. Try taking a shot or two of your choice liquor before going out, itll make you a tad bolder

19. Dret-one

Dret-one Senior Member

I used to feel bad but when I started painting but now I just feel so relaxed maybe to relaxed but also depends where you are painting I like to paint at spots where at night almost no one drives by but at daytime more thousands of people can see it

20. aikon-com

aikon-com New Member

I had once, it was crazy, I wanted basically to go the route backwards and remove the things. I didn't, well, I said to myself to just go to sleep and the feeling faded away, but if I had it everytime, it would totally sway me from doing anytihng.