Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Cans

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by BAITS, Feb 21, 2017.

Share This Page

1. BAITS

BAITS Moderator

Didn't want to put this in the questions thread because i am asking about a fair few things here, didn't want it to get lost.

So I've been doing some stuff on paper and have a chill spot so i am wanting to do a fairly big piece. I am currently not sure what paint to use (low/high pressure, brands, etc). Money and getting the paint isn't a problem. I have used MTN Speed and Hardcore on a throwies, tags and a piece.
    If anyone could answer these questions i would appreciate it.
    Low or high pressure? is it just preference or do you use each on for different areas (high pressure for throwies, low for pieces?)
    What is your preferred brand?

2. kntrl

kntrl Member

As far as i know it mainly comes down to personal preference and style, Low pressure can give you a bit more control and detail for fine stuff though. So i guess ur idea of high for throws and low for pieces might be a good one. Money's usually tight for me so im a fan of Ironlak

3. 0113

0113 Senior Member

For pieces I'd always go with low pressure, specially if it's your first. I prefer MTN94 myself with low pressure as it's not that expensive and you have a fair amount of different caps you can use with it. For now I'd get caps like the universal skinny (the standard one), the soft cap (blue point) and the New York fat cap. For the faster work like throws and tags I'd rather use high pressure (although MTN94 could be just the right paint for that as well). Kobra paint is nice, and Montana Black can be good as well, but personally I've had a few problems with Montana Black over the months. Haven't used Ironlak myself and it's been a while since I touches MTN Hardcore, but I'm thinking of getting some Hardcores in the near future.

4. BAITS

BAITS Moderator

Thanks guys. So far ive done pieces, throws and tags with MTN Speed and Hardcore with Soft Blue, Pink dot, astro fat, hardcore skinny and hardcore fat caps. I'm thinking of using Ironlak since they are cheap where i am.

5. 0113

0113 Senior Member

Personally I always put different caps on the MTN Speed's as the pink fat always tends to cause drips very fast. With throws it doesn't matter that much but for pieces I wouldn't recommend it. And astro fat, how big are your average pieces? Lol.

6. 4YOU2

4YOU2 Member

I don't want to make another thread since I made one before and it goes up for approval by the mods, which is kinda stupid.

Now that's out of the way, my paint has gone very weird. Im not getting sharp lines anymore on any cap with a Kobra/MTN 94 and it's annoying. The edges are very soft on every single cap and this is not because of how far I spray, even at the optimal range where Im supposed to get a good hard circle I have fuzzy edges and I have no idea what's causing it.

PS. I have had this paint for a very long time. Bought it before I got a job, had too much shit to do, stopped graff and it's been sitting there for months now. Probably almost a year. Would that be the issue? Ill find this out for sure myself when I get new sample stock soon.

7. BAITS

BAITS Moderator

It's probs the age of it. Maybe shake it more or get a brand new cap?

8. badder boy

badder boy Senior Member

do a whole car wif only markers then u r redy for cans

9. PUTS

PUTS Elite Member

I managed to get a can of mtn hardcore yesterday for 2.75. What a steal it was.