Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Need Help! Research project about graffiti

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cccck, Apr 18, 2017.

Share This Page

1. cccck

cccck New Member

Hey guys, I'm working on a research project about graffiti culture.

I'm really attracted to this art form and people who do graffiti. But my knowledge is limited...and it's kind hard for me to find graffiti artist here in Santa Ana.

So I would appreciate it if you could help a little bit on this project!
    Basically, I wanna learn about your experience with graffiti. And some other simple questions.

If you are interested in helping out, please reply to this thread or message me or email me!([email protected])
    And if you are from/live in Orange County/LA, that would be perfect!

No private information is needed.

THANK YOU!!:p

2. mxsamo

mxsamo New Member

Yo! Im actually also doing some graffiti research- if you wanna meet up I live in Garden Grove but I could easily visit you at fourth street market or something. Lets collaborate!

3. cccck

cccck New Member

Hi! Definitely we should meet up! So great to know you are also doing this research!
    Could you please send an email to me so that we can communicate timely?

4. "ZOALZ"

"ZOALZ" Senior Member

ayy orange here

5. Dic3OG

Dic3OG Member

Wtf 119 is 911 turned around, CAI is all the letters of CIA, I dont know if I am just paranoid or this guy is a troll or a cop,

6. cccck

cccck New Member

???It only means I'm the 119th student in Chapman University who has the last name as Cai...
    Annnd u r interesting. I understand why you have this feeling
    But do u really think cops will be this stupid to leave those hints to you???....

I was afraid that once I post this thread someone would say hey she's a liar
    But luckily I've already got some artists who are willing to help me, both with research and documentary

7. Stew_art

Stew_art New Member

I am also willing to conduct such a research project. It is great to see the previous interest in projects like this. I even took several examples from https://phdessay.com/free-essays-on/jose-rizal/ (yeah, it's examples of the essays on Jose Rizal), but the style and method of research were on point to mine. So I picked it up and was satisfied, so that I will try it again.

Last edited: May 1, 2022
  8. FOEone

FOEone Elite Member

I've been saying this for years in an effort to not justify, but explain graffiti. You look at the roots. Underprivileged, urban children who just like everyone else, have ideas and something to say. We couldn't afford no fucking canvases, so we racked spray-paint and stole ink. We were mad determined to make art one way or another. Jean-Michele Basquiat demonstrated with his very life how dangerous that can be, however, when you are lured into the high-art scene, but no hate for folk that make money from graff. Graffiti to me is the equivalent to our b-brothers and b-sisters who stole electricity from lamps to pump jams. Personal preference, but I like to keep it down and dirty and for the kids.