Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

No experience but full of ideas for Billboard graffiti

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Billboardguy, Jun 13, 2017.

Share This Page

1. Billboardguy

Billboardguy New Member

I change billboards. The paper and glue paste as well as tarps and plastic bulletins. To reach these billboards you have to trek under bridges and go to many places regular people never see. I see lots of artwork on my journey and I love it. Artists sometimes paint our billboards, which I don't mind at all, it is more money for me to have to go change it. Although the artwork is usually very bad and they steal our ladders we stash on and around the billboard in the woods so we don't have to haul a ladder from the van. Besides the point though!

I have some ideas I want to execute but the problem is I have 0 experience doing large scale art or using spray paint. I feel I have the gift of creativity and art but have not tapped into it.

Is it reasonable for me to just do it and hope for the best with no training. I mean everyone has to start somewhere, right.

My main goal is to touch on aspects of this world I feel are incorrect and share my feelings with the world and maybe even get a smile and chuckle from those driving by.

We have a billboard on the side of a very busy highway back in a field. It is a vertical one. It is 16ft tall by 8 ft wide. It was been posted with white paper now for a few months and is out of commision and will most likely be taken down in the near future. There is 2 sides to it.

image1.jpg

My idea is to make it into a giant iphone - and somehow depict how we are slaves to our phones. Or possibly make a timeline of world events as the images of the apps.

Another idea was to make it a giant tetris game.

I am just concerned I will not be proud of it and it will not be aesthetically appealing and come out as I have it in my mind.

Thousands of people will see this everyday. It will not be covered up until I go and cover it up :) and I can forsee myself coming down with an illness when they ask me to cover it up ;).

Anways just hoping for some friendly discussion and any tips I can get... I know there is a lot more to it than meets the eye - *insert quote about trying is better than not trying*