Home     Graffiti Shop     Forum
Earn / Redeem Credits

Thread: Questions

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

What background color would be good with grey and lime green?
    all this violence makes a statement...hit the pavement that's what I call entertainment

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Purple.

try looking at colorschemedesigner.com
    No More Weekly Toy Battles.

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Quote Originally Posted by LeaksOne View Post
    nah we have ladies on here. just not many attractive ones. how old are you?

i get inspiration from graff movies, some cats on here, or a graff book. and erasing is fine. trial and error. you could even go to the main page and look at the different cities. its a long road of hard work and dedication. just keep your shit SUPER simple until you have your letters down pack then start adding your own flavor too it.
    im 20 n well i think i got simple block letters down pat i got tht down in high skool i understand n kno how to create symmetry with simple letters i kno tha basics in shading, 3d, and perspective so is tha next step workin on creatin my own style or is there some other basics i should kno before gettin into tht?

Style is your personal feel on your letters. You can forget about all those rules.

Banned
    Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

so are you sayin once you get simples down you can do what you want as long as you dont forget bars?

Banned
    Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

thx zook, any advice to a cat who is ready to move on from simps

My take on it is be humble and make yourself knowledgable on the subject and have fun with it. I take it seriously but not too serious, I can't really paint much because I'm older than most of you guys and have a family, job responsibilities and can't really be fucked with the whole bombing thing, I have been there and done that, don't get me wrong I like to get out and hit a trackside every now and again but I'm more about chill walls I can spend all day at and produce something good.

Just sketch and sketch and try new things, don't worry if it is shit, it is just a blackbook, believe me I have probably about 1500 images on my photobucket just from the last 2 years, keep doing simples and learn the letter structure, but don't just do your own name, do battles and exchanges you may get inspiration from other people's letters, just experiment, once you can rock a clean simple with no pensil just a marker then elaborating on those letters will become easy and your style will develop

Banned
    Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

word, what do you think about intricate shit do you like it or not so much and explain why thx

if it is done well then yea I do like it, however I have much more respect for a well executed simple than some half assed wildstyle, but to me it has to have a solid letter foundation in a wildstyle. check out a writer like Folk his letters are fucking rocking but also have a simplistic edge but then when it is Ouija he has a dope abstract nature to his letters. I like a lot of european writers as well, Copenhagen has some dope writers, I like wildstyle stuff that has a nod to the classic era of graffiti. I'm not so into the whole MSK scene, they are fucking dope not taking away from them, but there are many other writers that I would rather look at.

Banned
    Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

i like complicated stuff too if its done right, but like you said it needs to be executed correctly, id say msk are some of my fvorite writers atm but your right there are masny others who ares lept on, i happen to love la writers for some reson soething about there style to me shines over the rest, ny writers are pretty sick too, pretty much anywhere were theres a descent sized scene i guess

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

i just picked up a molotow 627hs premium solid paint one4all paint marker

FUCKING STREAKS LIKE SHIT

im am a toy but i had a molotow black burner and it worked fucking awesome.

how come this shit is fucking garbage?

i remember someone told me to add acetone to remove the streakage or somethhng

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Streaking deals with the nib, not so much of the paint/ink. All that will do is thin down the paint/ink.

Push down on the nib till it's really juiced and ready to go.
    Last edited by Thrice; 02-20-2010 at 12:05 AM.
    Regardless of what I post I don't condone any illegal graffiti, although I stayed at a holiday inn once.

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

thanks.

well its 1:41 AM in toronto, and im about to go hit up a bridge, but inside of me i have this scared feeling but im still wanting to do it. Last time i bombed that place i did it with the same feeling but when i was walking home it was gone. should i go do it anyways?

just scope it out well.

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

alright thanks,

best of luck man

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

jesus. my fucking neighbourhood sucks dick.

i was doing it then all of a sudden i see some fucking black guy running towards me.

well atleast i did an outline, better then nothing.

??? Coming at you, or jogging?

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

he was like literally running at me lol, he even swore at me but whatever. i'll deal with it, just as long i did an outline, it's better then nothing.

thats true. but damn. at least you got away. i get cold when i see someone coming at me. i fly, a mile an minute.