Home     Graffiti Shop     Forum
Earn / Redeem Credits

Thread: Questions

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Quote Originally Posted by Bets369R View Post
    just do itg. if a cop comes then run.

if your scared of them then maybe just stop writing.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdub View Post
    foreal if u cant take da consequences, dont commit da crime or jus run like hell..
    true alright, He's right, some writer's tend to go tag alone and some tagger's wanna go together.

just gotta get my act together and just take the consequences.

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Or just get a friend who knows what's up. If they do, go with them, and follow their instincts as well as yours. It never hurt to have another set of eyes.

However, if your friend has a gimpy leg with a tendency to fail, and the police start coming, and your friend hops a fence and stays there, you're fucked, so my new number one rule has become "Don't write graffiti with someone with a gimpy leg."
    No More Weekly Toy Battles.

Probably this question has been already solved, but I cant find an answer right now in the forums...

Although i've been sketchin' for some months, i find myself really ignorant about the history of graffiti, its origins and evolution...

i'm trying to find some books about it, but i cant find anything close to what i want on the internet , and i dont want to spend money on a book without bein' sure that it's what im lookin for so... any recomendations? Im not only looking for pics of murals, but also some kind of a "history lesson"

Subway Art by Martha cooper and Henry Chelfant.

then watch, STYLE WARS a million times.

also Bomb It is very well done and researched

i gotta say it feels good to see someone interested in learning about there graffiti history. its extremely importent, and some people dont even bother today.

Ok man i'll look for that book (i've already watched style wars, but i'll do it again too)

Another question, this time practical: I've seen some sketches with brights made with.. white markers? what kind of markers are they/ where can i find them?

good question.
    some markers are more powerful then others. Too get white to cover other colors you have to use a more powerful marker. something thicker. the most common are DECO's but i personaly dont like using decos for more then a few details in my peices. I LOVE ELMERS PAINT MARKERS! those are the best. they can be found at any art store, or sometimes even wal-mart/target/whatever

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

^thanks for dat info, i needed to kno bout dem white highlights
    "GODZILLA GORILLAS GHOSTIN GARGANTUAS GREEN GAMES"-my nigg seywhat holdin shit down lyrically

Quote Originally Posted by SHER_WON_WTS View Post
    good question.
    some markers are more powerful then others. Too get white to cover other colors you have to use a more powerful marker. something thicker. the most common are DECO's but i personaly dont like using decos for more then a few details in my peices. I LOVE ELMERS PAINT MARKERS! those are the best. they can be found at any art store, or sometimes even wal-mart/target/whatever

Fuck.

Neither of those brands are commonly seen in shops here in europe (at least in my country).

Thanks anyway, i think ill try to find something alike in art stores

oh thats not cool. well what your looking for is Paint Markers, sooooo just find any euro paint marker brand and try them out.

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Quote Originally Posted by kace91 View Post
    Ok man i'll look for that book (i've already watched style wars, but i'll do it again too)

Another question, this time practical: I've seen some sketches with brights made with.. white markers? what kind of markers are they/ where can i find them?
    On The Run -

You could get the 24 pack from Toronto from the Bombshelter otherwise you would have to order it.

Prisma -

These marker's are dualtipped, one side is Broad (Large) and one side is Fine for those hard to fill places

Touch Twin -

Effin beast, all I gotta say. Good results when you use these.

Copics -

Apparently These are SLIGHTLY more better then prisma's because of more colour selection?

there ya go, if you want more recommended things hit me up

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Use a white gel pen for highlights.
    No More Weekly Toy Battles.

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Quote Originally Posted by kace91 View Post
    Probably this question has been already solved, but I cant find an answer right now in the forums...

Although i've been sketchin' for some months, i find myself really ignorant about the history of graffiti, its origins and evolution...

i'm trying to find some books about it, but i cant find anything close to what i want on the internet , and i dont want to spend money on a book without bein' sure that it's what im lookin for so... any recomendations? Im not only looking for pics of murals, but also some kind of a "history lesson"
    i can respect a healthy knowledge on they history of graffiti, but to me its just as important to know the ups in your own aria. know your local crews and heads in your town.

as for the marker thing get down with the cheaps first, sharpies and white out pens! highlighters! in a way this is like buying paint, you start out with dollar cromes the genaric flat black the stock cap. then you move on to some good paint, fat caps skinny caps ect...

dont go out and spend 300 plus on markers because if you dont know how to use them, you wasted it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fube View Post
    i can respect a healthy knowledge on they history of graffiti, but to me its just as important to know the ups in your own aria. know your local crews and heads in your town.

as for the marker thing get down with the cheaps first, sharpies and white out pens! highlighters! in a way this is like buying paint, you start out with dollar cromes the genaric flat black the stock cap. then you move on to some good paint, fat caps skinny caps ect...

dont go out and spend 300 plus on markers because if you dont know how to use them, you wasted it.
    Yeah im also learnin about writers in my city, but that's much easier because i can learn just by asking other writers

I have a problem with markers right now... here we dont have sharpies either XD
    I have been using really cheap markers just like these:

but they are SHIT. I've been trying to find something between that and the pro ones, but without result, so at the end ill have to buy something a litle more expensive...

Oh, and what you say about cans, here people never use 1 buck cans, cause spanish montana cans are sold for a little more than 2

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Hi everyone!

i already tried to write on walls in an abandoned factory near where i live, i have a question about filling letters with colors: what is the best way to do it? would it be better to have any particular cap to to that?

if you have any other tips, thanks

byeee!

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

You could use different caps, but if you're new to it.. you should work with what it comes with. I commonly use fat caps for big area fills on big letters.. but again if you're just starting work with the stock caps to get a feel. More often then not even strokes back and forth creates a solid non-patchy fill.
    Not sure if this is the place to ask, but I was hoping to see some people drop some N's. I feel like my N is stale and redundant, yet when I think I am going to lay out something new.. I feel like it looks the same. I'm not looking to chomp up peoples style like Pacman, just hoping to see something different to rework my own.

Thanks.

what are the white lines called?
    do you parents know you write? if they dont im sure they will be on you like white on rice over a paper plate in a snow storm with powderd sugar on top of spilt milk.

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Quote Originally Posted by Jarret View Post

what are the white lines called?
    what white lines?
    all i se are black lines lol

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

where can i get a glass scratching pen.. a scribe.. ive been googling companys trying to scam a company for a..sample but i cannot find one?
    Quote Originally Posted by CrustOner View Post
    I'm far too hardcore for all of you. I write Penis.

Quote Originally Posted by flask1995 View Post
    what white lines?
    all i se are black lines lol
    the ones i circled with the black
    do you parents know you write? if they dont im sure they will be on you like white on rice over a paper plate in a snow storm with powderd sugar on top of spilt milk.