Home     Graffiti Shop     Forum
Earn / Redeem Credits

Thread: Questions

Banned
    Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Hahahahaha hell yeah tranformers were the shit! Last time I tried lookin for my old ones all i could find were bits and pieces of different ones...so sad

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

LEGOs are still the fucking shit. I remember when I was like 3 I used to play with Lincoln Logs. Nice ass fucking houses.
    And everything's all good until you step on them haha

Banned
    Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

whats the best way to find a chill spot? do i just head out of the city or something?.

has anybody experimented with doing fills and shit with primer?

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Nah!, just bike around and shit. I live in suburbia, with a lot of unfinished neighborhoods, so those are normally my chill spots. Or maybe some sewer ditches. Otherwise, look down alleys and shit, just be careful.

Banned
    Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

which is the best way to look?

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

anyone know what kinda stores stock ironlak? kinda wanna look around for some

graff shops
    check hip hop stores and smoke shops, theres a smoke shop here that sells them
    Last edited by Eclectic Boogaloo; 04-12-2011 at 05:05 PM.

nah!: the best way is to just get out there and look around and you'll eventually find it, but most of the time some1 has already found the place and its been burnt out already. the best places and most common are things like Washes, under bridges, Abandoned Buildings, Train Tracks, stuff off the beaten path... and so on... but even though they are chill dont let people see you go into them and dont tell people about them cuz then they'll get burnt out so just tell your closest homies and shit.

ian: only graffiti stores or art stores would have ironlak spraypaint in the U.S., but if your aussie then you might find some at ur local hardware store lol

Banned
    Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

there is this place but its under a road next to some train tracks but i don't want to go over the nice pieces or get heard by some stupid people walking above.

Finding good chill spots just takes a bit of time and exploring. Watch for things like radio towers when you're driving, abandoned buildings and factories, and under bridges of major highways or almost any bridge over train tracks. Use google earth satellite too. near my city there's a park with a huge resevoir. At one end is a beach area for people to swim, and the rest is surrounded by forest. On the opposite end is a drain with a huge culvert like a mini LA river. It's the best spot to smoke and paint. Good luck.

Alright i have a question.
    So how do you guys get over a slump? I cant sketch anything it all looks like dookie.

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Quote Originally Posted by SicK- View Post
    So how do you guys get over a slump? I cant sketch anything it all looks like dookie.
    I can't say this for graffiti because i'm still toy as shit. However, I do a lot of other illustration and sketching and I find that any time you hit a creative wall/slump, it's best to change your style/inspiration. Try adapting a new style for yourself, start over from scratch if you have to (this can be fun sometimes anyways, can't it? the feeling of starting something fresh)

If you find searching a new style isn't working, maybe you need to change your alias? Could be you're just sturggling coming up with more ideas for it because you've used your creative capacity up on that one.

If neither of these work I don't know what to tell you, maybe you're just losing interest?

Banned
    Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Quote Originally Posted by SicK- View Post
    drugs, bitches, and more drugs. Id say drugs and exploring are the most inspirational things. If its a style slump where you cant think of anything new, go to some local all city spots(if you got any) and look around. Watch graffiti movies, art movies, fucked up and psychedelic movies. Stop thinking about the slump and start getting over it. Do some Drugs.

Get yourself some shrooms grab a good lookin ho, and go down to the dopest spot you know and relax, let your mind be blown and if you got bars you get your dick blown too. realize different life, then hit the sketchbook and draw some shit up, if you aint likin the shit you draw take your anger out on it and then move on

....do drugs

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Quote Originally Posted by ribcage View Post
    drugs, bitches, and more drugs. Id say drugs and exploring are the most inspirational things. If its a style slump where you cant think of anything new, go to some local all city spots(if you got any) and look around. Watch graffiti movies, art movies, fucked up and psychedelic movies. Stop thinking about the slump and start getting over it. Do some Drugs.

Get yourself some shrooms grab a good lookin ho, and go down to the dopest spot you know and relax, let your mind be blown and if you got bars you get your dick blown too. realize different life, then hit the sketchbook and draw some shit up, if you aint likin the shit you draw take your anger out on it and then move on

....do drugs

Words to live by...

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Rewatching graff movies have definitely helped me figure out different styles and got me over shit. I don't think I've ever had writer's block, I just do some random new shit without thinking, and work around it.
    Exploring and biking are fun as fuck, and I'm sure drugs do help haha

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Hella just found this shit on tumblr. Style looks hella like weakfingers, is it?

it looks almost identical minus the T, and weakfingers loves his T the way it is

that first one is weak he writes skuint/squint

^^probably so, the T is just throwing me off

Quote Originally Posted by weakfingers View Post
    N' I'm out!
    free bumps for weak