Home     Graffiti Shop     Forum
Earn / Redeem Credits

Thread: Questions

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

WHY THE FUCK DO MY CANS KEEP BLOWIN UP!?? probs because im using lak caps on rusto? but even a grey dot did it. someone please tell me before i shoot something

Banned
    Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

blowin up? explain more. do the cans explode in your hand and shrapnel goes everywhere?

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

haha they spew out the when im using em and it just royaly fucked up my shit today. and i hadda walk back with no socks on because i didnt have any gloves and i hadda try and get some of the paint off my hands. do you know why thiis is happending?

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

ironlak caps don't work on rusto, lmao. maybe for a minute, then it'll be a mess.

on a side note, i tried searching and couldnt find a post on it, but if you go to the automotive section of a store, you can take the cap off of a carb and choke cleaner can, and viola, instant extinguisher cap. also look for appliance epoxy cans and "plasti dip" spray cans, they usually come with calligraphy caps. and im sure by now every knows where to find elmer fats.

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Quote Originally Posted by weedeater View Post
    on a side note, i tried searching and couldnt find a post on it, but if you go to the automotive section of a store, you can take the cap off of a carb and choke cleaner can, and viola, instant extinguisher cap. also look for appliance epoxy cans and "plasti dip" spray cans, they usually come with calligraphy caps. and im sure by now every knows where to find elmer fats.
    What's an extinguisher cap? Found those calligraphy caps while exploring Lowes one day when I didn't feel like going to school. Also, They sell this stuff at walmart, It's called like Tacky Glue or something, Stocked right next to the Elmers stuff, in a brown can. Rusto Fats.

Still looking for something I can rack thin caps off of. Anyone know of anything?

extinguisher caps allow you to catch a tag above what your hand can reach. alot of times at my spots during the day, i cant venture too far out from under the bridges, because you can be seen from the road. well if i dont have a clean panel, and i dont feel like taking a risk and walking to a car where i can be seen, ill just pop on an extinguisher cap and catch 2 hands above whats already painted. think about the destruction/height you can get with a fire extinguisher, and then relate it to a spray can. just look at flicks of walls, youll occasionally see hands above pieces/throws that are kind of weak as far as cleanliness and style goes, yet theyre huge and above everything else. thats an extinguisher cap.

and im not a fan of calligraphy caps, but my boy musto is fucking sick with them.

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

fuckin ironlak caps. word thanks guys. haha and yes @nosE2 a big fuckin mess lmfao

that sounds dope weed, pics?

alright, here you go, heres one of each of what i currently use. just pulled them out of my bag so im sorry if some are too dirty to show alot of detail, i didnt feel like hunting down a clean one of each different kind of cap. put stock caps in pic for comparison.

1 - female rusto stock
    2 - female fat cap (check auto section, i guess there like stormtrooper caps but riveted)
    3 - female extinguisher (auto section, sometimes can be found on cooking spray)
    4 - male elmer fat (elmer spray glue cans)
    5 - calligraphy cap (appliance epoxy, plasti dip cans)
    6 - extinguisher cap (auto section, carb and choke cleaner can)
    7 - rusto fat (older elmer spray glue/other brands)
    8 - rusto stock

and heres a close up of the male extinguisher
    Last edited by weedeater; 03-21-2011 at 01:38 PM.

imma get one of those, thanks

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

does anyone throw out old black books or do u keep them? because i threw out a few and now i wish i didnt, but i do have some saved to the comp, i like looking at all my old sketches.

Banned
    Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Quote Originally Posted by smokeitup View Post
    does anyone throw out old black books or do u keep them? because i threw out a few and now i wish i didnt, but i do have some saved to the comp, i like looking at all my old sketches.
    well stuff I don't like i cross it out, erase it or rip it up.

I rip up and throw all my tag pages away

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

its nice to look back on memory lane, see how much you progressed over the years. if you do toss them you might regret it. personally i hate books, i like a plane sheet of white paper. i save out what i dig tho.

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

how did everyone find their chill spots? I'm gonna be home in the summer and I'm probably gonna wanna paint some but I'm definately not tryin to catch heat for anything i'd rather just find a nice place to practice where i don't have to worry about gettin caught

^ if its a city you could probably search up some urban exploring destinations
    warehouses always work, bridges and shit of course

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

it's definately not a big city, idk how to describe it really its not some shoddy ass tiny town but its not a big city

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

i found my chill spot in a large canal
    it's the same as the LA river but much smaller and with straight walls instead of slopes
    sneaked down there everytime and practiced, and the water level's always low during summer time, so whenever I went down there, the water would only be flowing in a narrow stream in the middle of the canal, and the sides and the walls would be dry
    it was really quiet and there was absolutely noone and nothing down there, not even hobos or animals... just me, my paint, and that HUGE HUGE HUGE endless wall. all to myself

Banned
    Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

hit up dora and go exploring. really the only way your going to find a chill spot is if you go out looking for it, its not gonna fall out of the sky

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

yeah i understand that, im just askin if you guys have any suggestions of general areas that would be good to search. and Phat maybe i should just move to lebanon lol