Home     Graffiti Shop     Forum
Earn / Redeem Credits

Thread: Questions

  1. #26261
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    617
    Credits
    516
    Earn / Redeem Credits

    Default

    i think i need to change my name now my mom saw one of my papers...

    i thougt money

    but im thinkin duem(old name from a long time ago) or nuem

  2. #26262

    Default

    yo ian, if you have a Freds near you, their dollar paint is fucking dope. specifically the Red, Grey, and Blue. the flat black, and white, i always release some pressure, but after you do they cover like a champ. my suggestion is to go to yard sales, estate sales, hardware warehouse close outs, discount racks of art stores, home depot, lowes. you can get some nice paint at yard sales for pennies on the dollar. might even be able to find a few older cans to send my way haha. also, the silver and gold i use are both dollar cans, they are dutch boy "fresh look", and are both really nice. if you are trying to get some colors that everyone else doesnt have, you should start mixing your dollar cans. thats what i do if i dont have a pink, mint green, light blue, or whatever. just get some "extinguisher" caps off of a couple of carb and choke cleaner cans, and GET THE RED HOSE that is taped on the side. put one can (you want it to be 1/4-1/2 way full) in the freezer, and let the other one hang out outside for 30 minutes. then put both the caps on the cans, and connect them with the hose. push the warm cans cap first, then the cold ones, and youll hear it filling up. i do this alot with my tall cans, i prefer using them, and usually put all my scraps of a certain color in them. it also makes them low pressure, so you can practice details if you want without having to worry about drips and shit.

    sorry for the rant, i doubt i even answered your qustion, im baked.

  3. #26263
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,620
    Credits
    3
    Earn / Redeem Credits

    Default

    ^yo you should make a turtorial with pics and post it.

    But yeah transfering a bunch of shit paint into a 600 ml can is choice if you have the time, but if you dont, just softly release pressure from the shitty paint for better results. If you got shit paint don't try to piece with it unless you have mad bars, just use em for can control. Throwies don't have to have solid fills, and if you got fats you can still make a grimey non solid fill look dope if you fill it clean.

  4. #26264
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    venezuela
    Posts
    711
    Credits
    915
    Earn / Redeem Credits

    Default

    i use shit paint for my throws and peices
    so its not the paint but the one who is painting

  5. #26265
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,620
    Credits
    3
    Earn / Redeem Credits

    Default

    hence why i said "unless you have mad bars" ........lol wtf you even talking bout tho?

  6. #26266

    Default

    1. Get two dollar cans. I got a White (left) Red (right... obviously). I put the white can in the freezer for 30 minutes before mixing. This helps keep it nice and thick, and less liable to come back through your hose and mess up your other cans color, as well as lets the thinner/room temperature paint flow freely.



    2. You can get extinguisher/mixing caps off of old wd40 cans as well as carb and choke cleaner. Make sure you grab 2 and the red hose. Should look like this.



    3. Put the caps into your valves. I usually twist one into the the can with the hose attached, then twist the other cap into your other can without the hose attached. Then connect the two with the hose. Make sure they are in there good, unlike mine on the left. You are in for a mess if not. I always press the warm cans cap first, then quickly press the cold ones. This gives the warm cans paint a chance to get flowing and build up pressure. Then when you press the cold cans cap will release the pressure into its valve and start the flow.



    4. This was the red we started with.



    5. This is the pink you end up with. Ive noticed that the can that ends up with the mixed color is always a medium to low pressure compared to its original state. Im not sure where the pressure is lost at, and I really dont care, because its always thick and covers extremely well at a low pressure, but you dont lose much thickness on your lines. You'll eventually get used to how much paint you need in each can to get the color you want, it doesnt take too long, and you can always take off the mixing cap, shake, and test it.

    Last edited by weedeater; 05-09-2011 at 07:45 PM.

  7. #26267
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,620
    Credits
    3
    Earn / Redeem Credits

    Default

    O fasho! is the new to graffit thread closed? If not you should put this in there too so it can be archived.

  8. #26268

    Default

    im not sure, ill check that out. i may just let a mod move it though.

  9. #26269
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    venezuela
    Posts
    711
    Credits
    915
    Earn / Redeem Credits

    Default

    im talking about when people say " i used shit paint to do this do that and thats why it looks shitty" so i said the paint has really nothing to do with how you paint

  10. #26270
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,620
    Credits
    3
    Earn / Redeem Credits

    Default

    ooo lol well yeah, that too

  11. #26271
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    721
    Credits
    60
    Earn / Redeem Credits

    Default

    woord up weedeater, dont have any franks around me (east coast) but ive got a lowes right down the street, and ill keep my eyes peeled for yard sales and such. good looks on that mixing too, are your cans like both half full for that or like the red half full the white all the way and which can does it end up in the warm or the cold one?

  12. #26272

    Default

    it ends up in the cold one. and the red was full, the white was about 2/5 of the way full, but ended up being all the way full.

  13. #26273

    Default

    i just got a small question... after lookin' around the pic's on the forum i'm just wondering how long have you guy's been doing graffiti (if you do graffiti of course)

  14. #26274

    Default

    5 years- 3 of them being completly mad toy and tagging everything with a sharpie magnum under other dumb aliases

    To become good at graffiti you really just need to know someone who knows what there doing and to tell you when your about to do dumb shit. The short answer is it takes about two and a half years to become in the scene and decent. It could be longer depending on your motivation or shorter depending on if your willing to learn and progress. Its gonna take half a year to learn the basics. Youl have a throw and oull start to see that bars and simples are good, the second half of the first year your just gonna go wild with bars and make alot of wack styles. at the end of your first year youll have a mini ego and some toy beef in the hood, youll be getting better at painting and youll start to notice your shit is looking wack. Youll have a small brekadown and try to reinvent your whole style. Its gonna be a weird second year and your gonna start to notice all your shit is wack but its clean because your getting better. Near the end of your second year youll slowly work out the kinks of your style and you might get noticed by some people and your shit will start to look proper and decent. the next half of the year youll look back at how wack you where and by that time youll have confidence in your letters and they will be fly and dope.

    take note that to get good your gonna have to draw a shit load, think of doing a tag and how many times youve done that, it should be the same way about your peice or throw, your gonna have to draw that well over a thousand times befor its gonna look good. Donot get stuck at the simple bar stage, alot of people stay there and there ego goes on to ruin there graff careers, keep your egos small and learn history and youll do fine, ps graffiti ruins your life.
    Last edited by weakfingers; 05-09-2011 at 01:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by lord_plankton View Post
    even though i dont wanna admit but your shit is not as gay as it used to be but still gay.

  15. #26275

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by weakfingers View Post
    5 years- 3 of them being completly mad toy and tagging everything with a sharpie magnum under other dumb aliases

    To become good at graffiti you really just need to know someone who knows what there doing and to tell you when your about to do dumb shit. The short answer is it takes about two and a half years to become in the scene and decent. It could be longer depending on your motivation or shorter depending on if your willing to learn and progress. Its gonna take half a year to learn the basics. Youl have a throw and oull start to see that bars and simples are good, the second half of the first year your just gonna go wild with bars and make alot of wack styles. at the end of your first year youll have a mini ego and some toy beef in the hood, youll be getting better at painting and youll start to notice your shit is looking wack. Youll have a small brekadown and try to reinvent your whole style. Its gonna be a weird second year and your gonna start to notice all your shit is wack but its clean because your getting better. Near the end of your second year youll slowly work out the kinks of your style and you might get noticed by some people and your shit will start to look proper and decent. the next half of the year youll look back at how wack you where and by that time youll have confidence in your letters and they will be fly and dope.

    take note that to get good your gonna have to draw a shit load, think of doing a tag and how many times youve done that, it should be the same way about your peice or throw, your gonna have to draw that well over a thousand times befor its gonna look good. Donot get stuck at the simple bar stage, alot of people stay there and there ego goes on to ruin there graff careers, keep your egos small and learn history and youll do fine, ps graffiti ruins your life.
    holy shit... that was alot more helpful than i was expecting. thank's

  16. #26276
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    East Bay
    Posts
    1,895
    Credits
    252
    Earn / Redeem Credits

    Default

    I'll have to go with Weak, except I've done it for like 3 years, with 1.5 of them being dumb as fuck since I didn't know about bars. I'm really lazy when it comes to my name, but I usually paint a simple or throw on a daily basis, just to get my can control and letters down. I used to really suck at transferring shit from paper to a wall, but with time, you get a lot better at it.

  17. #26277
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    721
    Credits
    60
    Earn / Redeem Credits

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by weedeater View Post
    it ends up in the cold one. and the red was full, the white was about 2/5 of the way full, but ended up being all the way full.
    thats sweet, i never knew you could mix spray paints, im definitely gonna have to give that a shot

  18. #26278
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Craigsfrontporch
    Posts
    1,491
    Credits
    527
    Earn / Redeem Credits

    Default

    that i s a sick ass break down weak ... I've tried re inventing my style Im at about 2 years just feel stuck like my shit isn't evolving ...I jus have to keep at it

  19. #26279

    Default

    Yeah man, alot of of people sometimes switch names when they get to a major block, a good thing to do is look at alot of diffrent graffiti and bite the fuck out of it. Everyone bites but alot of people deny it, its how new shit get thought of. Your own personal flare will turn the bite into inspiration. Do diffrent peoples names and dont be afraid to do wack shit. You only learn my the mistakes you make.
    Quote Originally Posted by lord_plankton View Post
    even though i dont wanna admit but your shit is not as gay as it used to be but still gay.

  20. #26280

    Default

    word ian, i dont pay more than a dollar for ANY can unless its a vintage jawn that i find all by its lonesome. usually when i go digging for oldies ill end up grouping alot of user paint in for a dollar a can, if not i have certain dollar can brands that ill buy and mix if i need/want a certain color. ive gotten brand new rustos for a buck a piece before just because i was buying 20+ cans they were going to throw away. i dont want to risk getting caught racking since im currently paying/working off a charge, and i get paid well so i dont mind paying, even though 99% of the time im ripping them off.
    Last edited by weedeater; 05-10-2011 at 09:10 PM.


 

Similar Threads

  1. Newb here.. A few questions
    By cammed89lx in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-17-2011, 11:16 PM
  2. Shading Questions
    By MAC504 in forum Tools and tips
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 05-30-2008, 01:59 AM
  3. Paint Questions
    By Serris in forum Tools and tips
    Replies: 168
    Last Post: 05-05-2008, 11:04 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Back Top