Home     Graffiti Shop     Forum
Earn / Redeem Credits

Thread: Questions

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

ahahahahaha i remember when i lived in NOLA i had to do taht for baseballa haha

Default some stuff to buy

so hey everybody i just started doind graffiti or attempting to, but im using sharpies and my birthday is coming up so i was gunna buy the molotow starter set which includes a 12 pack of molotow 227hs and 2 extra finliners a graff coloring book and a blackbook, will the molotow markers bleed through the blackbook paper and other paper? if so is otr ink graphik markers a better buy for s starter set? hope somebody can help

Quote Originally Posted by Cynical View Post
    Nah, it's just my lines are shaky as fuck and I kind of want to cut down on it, I know it won't produce some sick style just from throwing shit up and catching it,
    good can control requires full body movement, not just your hand/wrist/arm. make sure you have a solid base, feet shoulder width, and get used to bending those knees and leaning.

also get the flow down by moving the direction of the can but not pressing the tip down a few times before spraying

Banned
    Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Quote Originally Posted by ribcage View Post
    brickes are cuboid the vertices are pointy and so are the edges.

Banned
    Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

uh your telling me this why? This isnt a fuckin geometry class fool, the bluntness of the brick helps strengthen your hand, makes your skin tougher and your grip better. you obviously have little baby hand since you can handle brick tossing

Quote Originally Posted by nah! View Post
    bricks have sharp edges
    sharp and pointy are 2 completely different things, so stop changing your mind about it

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

wtf is going on in this thread? is there some type of significance about the brick that i don't yet understand? if i unlock the secret as to whether bricks are sharp or pointy edged will that help me king the freeways or someshit?

you want to steady your hand? draw more... your can control sucks? paint more. everyones shit is sloppy at first..the more you do it the more you excercise the fine muscles in your hands.. just like working out your biceps or abs you have to work out the muscles in your hands so to speak, the more you draw the better you get, if you stop drawing for a long period of time (and i can attest to this) your skills will start to deteriorate. the same thing applies with can control.

go paint.
    Last edited by ..romero..; 05-28-2011 at 11:00 PM.

yes

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

how do you guys get clean, crisp lines when you paint? I know the deal with cuts and such but whenever i make a line even if it's somewhat crisp it always seems like theres a little bit of overspray or somethin and some of the color just mists a little past the edges which makes the lines look less sharp. Is this somethin with air pressure? Should i let some pressure out of the cans first?

it has to do with the angle you are holding the can at. move your entire body and make sure that the angle you are using to point the cap stays the same for the entire length of the line. when you start altering the angle of the can you get the "mist" effect, and can use it for flares, blending, etc. or it could be the caps you are rocking and have nothing to do with your control. personally i love seeing throws with the outlines dusted at the top and bottom
    Last edited by weedeater; 05-29-2011 at 02:50 AM.

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

word, im just fuckin around with pieces and such, tryin to get the cleanliness down. Also somewhat unrelated, but these babies are $2 at a store round me, its sweet

Banned
    Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Quote Originally Posted by ..romero.. View Post
    wtf is going on in this thread? is there some type of significance about the brick that i don't yet understand? if i unlock the secret as to whether bricks are sharp or pointy edged will that help me king the freeways or someshit?
    the brick is just a brick, and will always be a brick

ian, snatch those bitches up, get a nice little stockpile going. if you ever dont feel like going out, go look at your paint stash and you will instantly grab 3 cans and your keys.

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

haha yeah, at this point i have no money though, like literally broke. My first payday is friday tho, so once i get that money, ill be stockin up. Also in case it wasn't clear from the pic those are the larger size cans, not just the normal ones. It's sweet, this place is the shit for paint: http://www.olliesbargainoutlet.com/
    Last edited by ian; 05-29-2011 at 01:29 PM.

oh i know, i keep all my paint in old 12 pack boxes, and i have 2 devoted to tall cans, i have 4-5 hard hats in there somewhere. i like seeing people who (if you are going to pay for paint) they hunt down them bargains. im all about some $1 rusto. and i was keeping it on the DL for a while, but if you guys have a lowes in your area, they are getting rid of rustoleum Amber Satin for $1.24 a can. i picked up about 20. most of the fills ive been doin are with that color. it doesnt cover too well, but i cant complain.

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Quote Originally Posted by weedeater View Post
    if you ever dont feel like going out, go look at your paint stash and you will instantly grab 3 cans and your keys.
    Yup, happens every single time haha. "Damn I want to sleep, fucking tired..." /check paint "...Fuck."

And seriously? Definitely gonna check that out today, thanks man.

yezzir, its not ALL the satin rusto, its just the amber satin color, it has a yellow top.

Banned
    Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Quote Originally Posted by ribcage View Post
    uh your telling me this why? This isnt a fuckin geometry class fool, the bluntness of the brick helps strengthen your hand, makes your skin tougher and your grip better. you obviously have little baby hand since you can handle brick tossing
    ey yo i toss houses u bitch

Banned
    Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

who you callin bitch? byitch!! you cant toss shit witchyour dinky ass baby hands
    Last edited by ribcage; 05-29-2011 at 10:33 PM.

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

ohh shit son sounds like a throwy beef battle brewin up