Home     Graffiti Shop     Forum
Earn / Redeem Credits
Page 761 of 1403 FirstFirst ... 2616617117417517567577587597607617627637647657667717818118611261 ... LastLast
Results 15,201 to 15,220 of 28041

Thread: Questions

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Originally posted by Simimi@Sep 17 2006, 12:56 PM
    So, I read in the other Toy thread about not buying bombing markers by Molotow, and TO buy the OTR markers... Well, I already bought 100 caps, and 5 cans of montana off the BS website, but I did buy a moltow bombing marker. Do they suck that bad, or should I just grab some OTR markers to compare.

In your opinions, which is the superior quality product for paint and markers?
    WTF? Why you buying that shit whn you cant even sketch simples?!
    Sig

You have not seen anything I have done so why do you assume I can not sketch? Just because I am new does not mean I can not draw on a sheet of art paper...Not as good as everyone else, sure, but atleast I am working on it...

I am buying for my future, if for no other reason, than I am buying because I am curious in the different feel of the kiwi mop as compared to a chisel point 85 cent marker, or to a brush pen, or an airbrush. Might as well practice with the tools one intends to use, right?

And thanks a load nerdx for the help, I'll head back to the store today and see about getting one of those. Luckily I bought the right paint. Any experience with the oil-based outdoor fleurescent (sp?) glow paint stuff? Sounds both neat and tacky at the same time.

EDIT: Wait... so your saying the uber dripyness is a GOOD thing?
    Mimi promises not to deface the graff scene with her Toy Bs until it is worthy.

I'm only 14 and i need to know where i can get good supplies in Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada

Theres not many stores around, the only good paint i can get from stores is Krylon and i want Montana but if i order it my parents will check the mail and will figure out i do graffiti.

Any tips? :mellow: ^_^ :P
    Paint: <u>Montanna</u> and <u>Krylon</u>
    Markers: Sharpie Magnum

<span style=\'font-size:14pt;line-height:100%\'><u><span style=\'color:red\'>M</span>i<span style=\'color:red\'>N</span>d<span style=\'color:red\'>G</span>e<span style=\'color:red\'>M</span></u> </span>

<span style=\'font-size:14pt;line-height:100%\'><u><span style=\'color:red\'>V</span>S<span style=\'color:blue\'>J</span></u></span>
    <span style=\'font-size:14pt;line-height:100%\'><span style=\'color:red\'>V</span></span>andals of<span style=\'font-size:14pt;line-height:100%\'><span style=\'color:white\'> S</span></span>aint <span style=\'font-size:14pt;line-height:100%\'><span style=\'color:blue\'>J</span></span>ohn

just take a trip with on your buds to a bigger city or search the web

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Originally posted by Simimi@Sep 18 2006, 02:10 PM
    You have not seen anything I have done so why do you assume I can not sketch? Just because I am new does not mean I can not draw on a sheet of art paper...Not as good as everyone else, sure, but atleast I am working on it...

I am buying for my future, if for no other reason, than I am buying because I am curious in the different feel of the kiwi mop as compared to a chisel point 85 cent marker, or to a brush pen, or an airbrush. Might as well practice with the tools one intends to use, right?

And thanks a load nerdx for the help, I&#39;ll head back to the store today and see about getting one of those. Luckily I bought the right paint. Any experience with the oil-based outdoor fleurescent (sp?) glow paint stuff? Sounds both neat and tacky at the same time.

EDIT: Wait... so your saying the uber dripyness is a GOOD thing?
    You&#39;ve got what 23 posts and you cant even remember what you&#39;ve posted? You posted up the whackest shit the other day, http://bombingscience.com/graffitiforum/in...20&#entry780542

At what point did I judge you on the date you joined here? Don&#39;t assume retarded shit like that.

When I then see that you&#39;ve gone and bought montana, and for some reason 100 caps?&#33; I&#39;m easily gonna assume that you&#39;re gonna go out and use em... why else would you buy em?
    Sig

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

I know that this is a really toy question but I can&#39;t refuse the urge to ask it. I think I&#39;ve got simples good not perfected but still good and I really want to progress since I am doing practically the same thing over and over again. This sucks because whenever I try to do something like develop a style or add add-ons or something of that sort it always makes the piece look like absolute shit. Any advice from someone that actually knows what they&#39;re talking about?
    SEAZ

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

pm lust or sky5 or someone like that... you aint gonna get much of a good reply in here.... Tell us what they say when/if they reply&#33;
    Sig

myl has been helpin me out sure he cold give you some tips.
    otown florida
    </div><table border=\'0\' align=\'center\' width=\'95%\' cellpadding=\'3\' cellspacing=\'1\'><tr><td>QUOTE (C3ZR ONE &#064; Oct 15 2006, 01:07 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id=\'QUOTE\'> Ever since Bon Jovi sang the words &quot;Shot dowwwwn... In a blaze of glory&quot;, buttrock has been a beloved term in the english speaking world. </td></tr></table><div class=\'signature\'>

Oh sorry NCI, I think I miss-understood your post. No worries though. Yes I have a practice place where graff is allowed, and I probably will practice there when my things arrive (first shipment today hopefully&#33

Hope you do not think I was trying to beef with you, because I wasn&#39;t, just miss-understood you me thinks. I appreciate the help and the crits for my stuff.

What is a handstyle made of, as in, the marker handstyle? I think I understand that it is about flow and whatnot, but... like Mimi, seems a bit hard to do? Or is it just me?

yeah you should write something your good at not the other way around.
    otown florida
    </div><table border=\'0\' align=\'center\' width=\'95%\' cellpadding=\'3\' cellspacing=\'1\'><tr><td>QUOTE (C3ZR ONE &#064; Oct 15 2006, 01:07 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id=\'QUOTE\'> Ever since Bon Jovi sang the words &quot;Shot dowwwwn... In a blaze of glory&quot;, buttrock has been a beloved term in the english speaking world. </td></tr></table><div class=\'signature\'>

True, and I like "Mimi" but also, on the flip side, I do not want people to know I am a girl (for like, identifying me on campus) so maybe I should choose a more androgenous name? But... I like Mimi...

What about Lumko, nice and whack, no one will ever know...

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Your name will most likely change as your handstyle progresses and you discover what letters you write best. You can write anything for now, cuzz you haven&#39;t really developed anything to put on the street.

The best way to find a name-
    Go to the picture gallery forums- click on tags,tags,tags thread. Study the tags carefully. determine which ones you like, look at each letter and try to understand what it is that you like about it and what makes it flow. try and imagine the progression from a simple letter, to the styles you see. Now that you see what works for other people, go back to writing simple letters over and over, adding a bit of flair to them as you go, but not distorting the letter unnaturally. Imagine each letter as an organic being, with limbs and joints. When you add some style to the letter does it make it look like it has a broken limb, or is it flossin a b-boy stance? That&#39;s how I judge if a letter looks good. Nice letters look like they&#39;re popping and locking.. Bad letters look like they got beat down by riot police.

Do the whole alphabet. when you find 3-6 letters you like, try them in different variations together, come up with a name, and there you go. Remember tho, that as you develope, you&#39;ll get really excited everytime you do something better, but that&#39;s just a "personal best" and not nessecarilly wall worthy yet. It takes time, but it&#39;s an enjoyable journey too.
    Fight And Win Klique/Word Trafficking Nightly/ThrillSeekers

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

what if I&#39;ve already hit the streets wit my name and suck ass at handstyles?? just work on those letters over and over even if they&#39;re not my best letters? I write yel by the way

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

First of all don&#39;t hit the streets if you suck that bad at handys. Second if you don&#39;t like your name or you think it always looks bad just change it.
    SEAZ

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

I suck at handies but I think my throws are pretty hot and I like the name yel

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Just wondering what do your throws look like? Do you have a pic?
    SEAZ

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

cezr that was a very nice and true explaination

i remember when i first started writing if i came up with something i thought was good id go write it the next when for the most part it was wack as hell

thank god i changed my name and have progressed so much since then
    crewless...

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Not of them painted cuz I dont have a digi cam

Awesome, thanks for the help all&#33;

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

I dont think a name change would help to be honest because I suck at handies no matter what the name/word