Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

want to have your art in a game?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tommosaur, Jun 28, 2007.

Share This Page

1. tommosaur

tommosaur Member

hello,
    i´m Ugur Ister from an independant art & entertainment creation group called stimunation ( http://www.stimunationgames.com/ ).
    we´re several coders,musicians and artists working togeteher on all sorts of stuff, mostly games.
    To earn our living we do things for clients, when we can we just do things we want to make :)
    We´ve got several skaters in our team, we also like beatboxing and street art, so yeah, we thought we could make a game which features all that :)
    Right now we´re at the state that i coded a good part of the skating part in the game and we got mando (german beatbox champion) on board to do sfx and tunes for the game and now i´d like to add street art in the backgrounds.
    The idea is that the backgrounds would be made up of photo collages of what street artists brought onto walls etc.
    Each level´s backgrounds would showcase art from another artist (i think there´ll be 10 levels in total) so you´d explore all the art while skating around.
    let me know if you´re into having your art featured in the game.

2. ZOT

ZOT Senior Member

And of what kind of game are we talking? Internet game, playstation game?...

3. sketch3

sketch3 Banned

4. ODonthesetrees

ODonthesetrees Elite Member

ill draw you a penis if you make a game where i can stick it to jenna jameson...but its gotta be her 1year ago version cause now she looks like nicole ritchies long lost crackhead mother with big tits

5. bOxcaR

bOxcaR Senior Member

ahahahhahahahhahahah

6. CodeSix

CodeSix Member

7. toke_wdc

toke_wdc Elite Member

8. toke_wdc

toke_wdc Elite Member

what the fuck. can you post some preview shit of the game???

Last edited: Jul 1, 2007
  9. Derogatory9o5

Derogatory9o5 Senior Member

10. tommosaur

tommosaur Member

hey there people,
    sorry for my late reply, the thread wasn´t posted right away since i´m a newby member and i didn´t realize it got posted later..

The game is an internet game which will be free to play for anyone, you can try a test built here: http://www.stimunationgames.com/kickflipAlpha03_2/

haha, ODonthesetrees, if i ever work on a game about jenna jameson i´ll get back to you regarding your offer :D

11. toke_wdc

toke_wdc Elite Member

did you notice that these people don't like you...cose this thread. and the beta version of the game sucks.

12. tuckfoys

tuckfoys Senior Member

u muhfukas are too paranoid wen it comes to this shit. think evry one who asks for art is a cop

13. tommosaur

tommosaur Member

to toke: if you think the test version of the game sucks let me know which part sucks in your eyes and i´ll try to improve it, that´s what test versions are there for :)
    also i don´t think people here don´t like me (they have no reason to cause they don´t even know me), they were just making fun and yup, i posted the test version link cause you asked for it.

14. silentchaos14

silentchaos14 Elite Member

ive been playin yur game for about 10 minutes now and i like it so far but its kinda easy lol

15. toke_wdc

toke_wdc Elite Member

improve on the overall movement of the character and add more stuff the the skate environment.

16. silentchaos14

silentchaos14 Elite Member

yeah im with toke on that one, it needs more stuff to skate and u should add in some more moves like manuals

17. tommosaur

tommosaur Member

thanks for the good suggestions fellas, i´ll work on all those and post a link to the new version then :)
    to silentchaos14 : haha, yeah, its a bit tricky with the difficulty, for some its too easy, others can´t get a single grind going... Well, hope it´ll be better with the difficulty when i add a training mode for the beginners and more skatable stuff to have more challenge for the seasoned gamers :)

18. thesilentvandal

thesilentvandal Banned

ya i would want my art to be in the game ... where do i send it?

19. MoLD

MoLD Senior Member

it was aight
    but it says cute

20. tommosaur

tommosaur Member

haha, yeah, it gives ratings based on your combo length and "cute" is like for a starter combo :)

to thesilentvandal: do you have a site where i could check some of your art out? ideally everything should be photographed right from the front (not angled) and showing as much of the wall/house as possible.
    i also sent you a pm with my mail address.