Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Pvc Primer

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by JeCoursLoin, Sep 23, 2004.

Share This Page

1. JeCoursLoin

JeCoursLoin Member

I was gluin pvc pipe together last weekend and the pvc primer is used to soften the plastic pipe for cementing. This way the purple coloring becomes embedded in the pvc. I was just wondering how many plastics pvc primer is effective for and if it can be possibly used as a permanent plastic stainer in inks.

2. ViKn

ViKn Elite Member

Thats a good question :blink:

I guess if the consistanty of the primer was viscous enough it could Flow from a marker, i dont know how effective the PVC primer would be on other materials, so i guess if you diluted it somehow, maybe heat and other additives, You could use it, only one way to find out i guess

3. JeCoursLoin

JeCoursLoin Member

I just looked at the back of the bottle and it says "be careful, will permanently stain most materials and surfaces!" so far so good, now to test on different materials. I'll run around with it and let you know how it goes. I know there are some chemists hear that should know some stuff about this.

4. ViKn

ViKn Elite Member

Well What are the Chemical ingrediants of this product?

5. JeCoursLoin

JeCoursLoin Member

methyl ethyl ketone 78-93-3
    Cylcohexanone 108-94-1
    Tetrahydrofuran 109-99-9
    and Acetone 67-64-1

6. Kayone707

Kayone707 Moderator

HAHA every one here is actin like ah scientist tryin 2 fugure out if it will stain....good work. and let us kno quick, cuz i got 2 bottles of that shit.. :)

7. ViKn

ViKn Elite Member

Just Call me the Doctor of LOVE BABY, Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh YEah....Anyways I dont know how well this would effect surfaces but it might be like the Marker version of Krylon Fusion...So i guess you could hit up some PVC playgrounds with it...LOL

8. JeCoursLoin

JeCoursLoin Member

allright I just put some on my vinyl covered desk and it came off no problem, n64 cartridge it fused into the plastic, cd case it also fused into the plastic, trashcan it fused, and fridge it fused. Im not sure why it fused into the fridge...perhaps it has some plastic coating or something. the only problem is the viscosity is so low that it drips all over the place and doesnt come out thick. I'm not sure what you could add to it to make it work better.

9. the_uniBOMBER

the_uniBOMBER Elite Member

Well if you're using it in a marker, you would need low viscosity so it could flow out of the marker. This stuff does sound useful....

10. ViKn

ViKn Elite Member

personally i wouldent want to eb around the fumes for to long, all of those chemicals can fuck you up realy realy realy bad, so i dont know what you could use to Increase the viscosity, could try adding a bit to a normal ink recipe and see how it works, or you could put it straight into a marker and use it only for pVc plastic surphaces

11. JeCoursLoin

JeCoursLoin Member

yeah the only thing is that if its thin, the dye is barely visible, and if you put it in a mop, it will just be one big drip.

12. silkk

silkk Senior Member

well it would work good on plaskits because thos cemicals are vary corosive and like to eat place and would slowy eat paint...... but it would only work on thos surfaces and i wouldent put it in a plastic marker it will eat right tho that get some Acetone and thin it out if its to thick

i also would go adding random crap to it or ull blow your self up

13. ViKn

ViKn Elite Member

And whats wrong with that...lol...well i dont know what to add To make it less viscous, i mean theres got to be a chemical out there...

14. boo-yaka

boo-yaka Senior Member

You're right. Acetone alone is like the ultimate brain-cell killer/central-nervous-system- damager. Banned in most art schools for that reason.

Speaking of weird chemicals, anyone ever put "potassium pergomate" into their ink mixes? I've heard it's supposed to help increase stains. It's used to clean fish tanks, and I don't really feel like going to an aquarium store just to find out for myself.

15. Skore_One

Skore_One Elite Member

well if my calculations are correct if you mix potassium montypis and sodius clorious and a pinch of chlorphignewton and put it in a metanese lipomanture holster you should have radioactive explosive pipe bombs...oh wait this is the graffiti forum....you never heard this

16. Kayone707

Kayone707 Moderator

oh that was gangsta

17. the_uniBOMBER

the_uniBOMBER Elite Member

:lol: :lol: :lol:

18. boo-yaka

boo-yaka Senior Member

I know I'm not going to get answer to my question. Unless, maybe, if Tony sees this. Tony, does "potassium pergo-something", like I described in my last post, do anything in ink. Have you ever heard of what I'm talking about?

19. Tony

Tony Elite Member

PVC primer smells like shit, and doesnt work very well

*edit* i just saw your post boo-yaka, from what ive heard its supposed to be pretty good. i dont know if im thinking of something else but it comes in crystal form, and your supposed to add a teaspoon to the ink your going to put in the marker, let it disolve (shake it) and then pour the ink through a coffee filter to get rid of any non disolved crystals.

20. boo-yaka

boo-yaka Senior Member

I'm not talking about pvc primer. Anyway, it's cool, I give up.

*Ah hah, thanks tony. Sounds like the same thing. Nice sig by the way.