Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Toy Canvas

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by From the Ground Up, Jul 12, 2007.

Share This Page

1. From the Ground Up

From the Ground Up Senior Member

Ok guys, i noe im new to this and havnt posted much but i noticed that there isnt a toy canvas thread...close it at your discretion mods, but i thought this might get rid of a lot of the bs in the original canvas thread

2. Roolete

Roolete Elite Member

i dont think toys shouldnt do canvases... so i used a piece of cardboard. i guess this belongs here

View attachment 289668

3. BORG

BORG Moderator

4. emokid

emokid Senior Member

no canvas from me, only cardboard. no one else seems to be posting anything. some old, some newer.

ai197.photobucket.com_albums_aa215_pork_album_DSCN6650.jpg

zebra in a plantpot

ai197.photobucket.com_albums_aa215_pork_album_DSCN6579.jpg

colours didnt come out on that one.

ai197.photobucket.com_albums_aa215_pork_album_DSCN6515.jpg

a likkle baby seal, aww.

5. BORG

BORG Moderator

6. dcite

dcite Elite Member

7. [kraze]-

[kraze]- Member

borg- looks good i like it. cant wait to see it finished.

8. Chalk

Chalk Senior Member

found a scrap of wood in my barn. did it in like 30 min
    aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v495_k_vandal_boardddd.jpg

9. shax44

shax44 Senior Member

dcite, i really love the top one, i wanna but it, but i have no money left and the shipping will cost more than the painting =p

chalk, cool idea to use the wood as the fill
    how did you make the background (with spraypaint) without making the letters blue? tape or something? you worked hard in those 30 minutes then.
    i like it

10. inkbits

inkbits Senior Member

looks good chalk, should keep goin on it man but keep the wood grain as fill.

btw, dunno what you lads are on about with toys wasting canvas with this thread, you can repaint canvas over again using whitewall. ..and not sure about elsewhere but in my part of the world they seem to sell them mass produced these days for rediculously cheap (cheaper then you could buy the raw wood and canvas yourself) at a lot of $2 dollar type shops. I say if you can get them try one regardless of if your toy, if it sucks then white it and have another go. Least you'd learn something about doing one and they're not public anyways so who give's a flying duckshit in the woods if it comes out wack.

11. Robbie P

Robbie P Senior Member

12. Sou - Mvd

Sou - Mvd Senior Member

13. SER.. :O

SER.. :O Member

wow.. I really like that for some reason lol, simple to the point. can't wait to see it finished. If you don't mind, what is that canvas made of? Looks like construction paper and a picture frame.. lol

14. From the Ground Up

^^^^hahaha shoebox canvas, thats a new one to me but hey it works lol, likin the bubbles, glad to see ur takin a trafitional block letter approach (not getting ahead of urself.....believe me, I NOE lmao), n the 3d is lookin decent, keep it up

Sou - MVD - rly feelin tht...u DEF gotta post flix of tht when its finished i wanna see it....u got balls for workin that red background :) looks good

BORG - when u posting the finished product man??? i been looking forward to tht all week....lol i noe i got no life but hey its entertaining....post it! :D:D

Last edited: Jul 23, 2007
  15. Sou - Mvd

Sou - Mvd Senior Member

Elka those letters would actully not look to bad at all if you dropped the little add on on the bottom and then make your bars get skinnier to thinker from top to bottom.

[Broken External Image]:http://img459.imageshack.us/img459/9249/010ty0.jpg
    I'm never drawing on corkboard again ughh hah

Pretty weak s and m too, oh well

16. Nem

Nem Elite Member

corkboard!

thats why it looks so awesomely texturized.

good idea.

17. From the Ground Up

looks dope, i dunno wut ur talkin bout wit the s it looks ill, but ye the m didnt turn out as well as u were hopin....still looks sikk tho :D

18. revolt92

revolt92 Banned

For the canvas, it's way too busy. And it doesn't even follow a pattern, it's just loads of different shapes on a board. Seriously it loks stupid but look at it this way...you can only get better...

sou - that's pretty fresh

19. sex without condoms

sex without condoms Elite Member