Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Picking your spots

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by Slaze, Jul 19, 2007.

Share This Page

1. Slaze

Slaze Senior Member

what qualifies as a good spot? how do you weigh in safety, risk, piece or tag visibility. . .
    while walking around town today i realized how many stupid tags and shitty throw ups were back in alleys or on street corners while some of the best graffiti ive seen is far away from any sort of publics eye. only other writers and hobos will ever see any decent graffiti in my town, the problem is very few people are willing to take a risk to do something nice closer to down town. so the question im asking is when is a spot worth hitting up?

ive yet to find this in any other thread, so if its been done just throw up a link to a relevant thread

2. urbanpirate

urbanpirate Senior Member

yeah in my town theres almost no decent stuff except for the stuff where no one would ever see it..

i think i would rather hit one good spot than a ton of crappy ones... for example the electrical box in the center of the town or the electrical box next to the 4 highway ramps than the countless stop signs in the suburban area and neighborhoods of where i live.,.

3. SPAZTiC

SPAZTiC Senior Member

i think sometimes its good to have some good graff away from the general public. There a cool chill spot around here with amazing graffiti and not too many people know about it, so its cool.

4. Atom1er

Atom1er Senior Member

i mostly tag now
    but when i first started
    me and a friend found a huge cement electric box thing right off a road
    like 10 feet by 10 feet blank wall
    in perfectly plain view of a major high way in our area
    and we did throws on it
    some dude came and drew like a flourescent religious cross off to the side of it
    so i went back one day
    and covered it all again
    did a peice on it
    and the city stripped the paint off it just where my peice was
    it sucked
    but yeah i always go for tags or sticker in places i know are busy streets
    always hit the back of a few signs, electric boxes and dumpsters on the road
    but yeah some of the best is a way from the public because
    good stuff takes really fucking long
    and you wont be interrupted
    hopefully....

5. moze.2

moze.2 Elite Member

well at first when i got into graffiti i was into just strait up bombing. i waould want to get my name out everywhere so i would put a throwie or a quick piece on almost every spot i could find. i would ushually have a friend with me and he would be the lookout. the spots were kinda risky and some where far off. now im into murals and doing quality stuff that takes time and effort so i ushually find wall thats under a highway or off somewhere so that i can take my time and finish the piece without the paranoia factor or the rush to get in and out wihtout being noticd. trust me try doing one under a bridge where there is old or running train tracks and theyll be a wall there. and you can take your time and put effort int the piece and itll surpize you how good it feels to put your talent as an artist to the test and expess your self through your art and style and not just your 2 color throwie or your tag.

ushually if bombing the riskier the better(sortof)

but when you want to do real pieces and wildstyle find a place where you wont be to bothered bby cops or people

6. Bacon19

Bacon19 Member

Yeah with the bridge thing, most of the well known artists here paint them. But the fucking super toy 12 year olds WRECKED the bridges and I know for a fact that cops check there often, people are more aware of it.

Fucking toys.

7. caffine

caffine Member

Sounds just like my town, but I can't really do the thing I want to downtown until it's 1 AM.

8. caffine

caffine Member

Sounds just like my town, but I can't really do the thing I want to downtown until it's 1 AM.

9. killtheugly

killtheugly Senior Member

this thread was approved...?

-you SEE a spot and scope it because you know you want that glory (call it homework)
    |_>you WEIGH all that shit you mentioned because you have that writers instinct and you know already what you want to pull off?
    -you GO FOR IT and hope you dont end up in a holding cell, getting your ass kicked by property owners, or both
    -take a pretty picture, feel real good
    -REPEAT until the world knows your name

10. SOOF

SOOF Senior Member

Go big or dont go at all..
    =_=

11. ZOT

ZOT Senior Member

What a lot of bullshit dumb threads..

12. b-townbomb

b-townbomb Senior Member

i like roof tops cause they are non heat and everybody sees them.

13. ZOT

ZOT Senior Member

Think again, mostly they are so high nobody sees them, not overyone looks to rooftops while driving etc..

maybe sum writers will see it

14. sk8er6

sk8er6 Senior Member

no, if its next to a light rail track at like 1 am...

then its chill, and visible.

15. toke_wdc

toke_wdc Elite Member

16. EasyMac

EasyMac Senior Member

Oh my god shut the fuck up to the people that stop fucking their mothers long enough to come on bombingscience to tell people to cloce random threads they don't like..... Like "close this thread"... why do you care? FUCK....losers...and i'm a loser for going out of my way to call you losers....

17. backpacker

backpacker Senior Member

ill bombing any good chill spot.like today im gonna bomb a bridge where the train passes thru where nobody will probably see it it but im still gonna do it.

18. .jug.

.jug. Senior Member

Last edited: Jul 28, 2007
  19. cast LI

cast LI Elite Member

this thread is fucking retarded. walk up to a wall and hit it. not that difficult.

20. g3zt

g3zt Senior Member

Yah... that was a retarded statement...

I rather hit pieces out of town, not that I dont like people seeing is my pieces is just that I really dont care.
    Cuz all this intown shit gets scraped off the next week I like my pieces to stay there for a while :/