Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Can Control Problems

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by the infamous one, Oct 16, 2004.

Share This Page

1. the infamous one

the infamous one Elite Member

ok, i searched and didnt find anything, so dont get mad at this question, here it goes, MY CAN CONTROL SUCKS, i know what your gonna say, practice practice pracitce, and i do, but it always fuckin drips, i try to spray fast and ive got no problems with the fill, but when i do the outline it drips like fuck, please help people, and dont close this pleasee :D thanks for any help you give

2. Car2nist

Car2nist Banned

dont spray slow with the outline, do it fast... and dont put the can close up.

3. mesONE

mesONE Senior Member

Yea maybe wait till the fill drys a bit maybe its kinda mixing or something.

But yeah, go real fast with the outline and hold it prettty closeish but not real near to it.

4. the infamous one

thanks for the tips, but one thing, when i spray far away on the outline the line goes too big and looks pretty nasty, what should i do about that?

5. mesONE

mesONE Senior Member

Well always keep the can upright, not sure that has anything to do with it, but do it anyway ;), and keep it quite close to the wall, but as car2 said, not too close as you'll get some nasty drips. So just mid way between the two!!!

6. Flow

Flow Elite Member

Trial & error. You can't read about how to paint or hold paint properly, get out there and do it.

7. /*BlItZ*\

/*BlItZ*\ Senior Member

the type of surface your writing on will also affect your can control, it took me awhile to do a freight

8. Ravek

Ravek Elite Member

the paint u use and the surface both effect ur control, its harder to wrtie on slick surfaces then rough surfaces, if ur getting like one or two drips thats fine but if ur getting like mad crazy drip then u need practice

9. the infamous one

its usually 4 or 5 for me lol, im shit i know

10. Ravek

Ravek Elite Member

stock caps are hard to control if u have no past can control expeirence so that might be it

11. the infamous one

yeh coz i was using belton and the stocks were the the thinnest i had, what are the best caps for outlines would u say????

12. dez1

dez1 Senior Member

ano this is off topic but i just have to tell u that the sketch in ur sig is nice. really like it.

(no more beef) B)

13. 2 drips or so won't really make a difference, but if you're getting alot of drips, just keep the can from a close distance away, not too far, not too close, and make fast clean strokes.

After a while, you'll have good can control.

14. Kayone707

Kayone707 Moderator

15. sika_2002

sika_2002 Elite Member

do sprays on different types of walls so u no wat each on is like, painted brick walls are a pain cus no matter wot the drip
    oh and kay, nice pic

16. MoNkEy

MoNkEy Elite Member

lol i h8 having to move fast cos you overshoot lines and stuff. On the montana website it says to hold the can upside down and spray and it will release some pressure or sumfin.

17. aCId II nz

aCId II nz Elite Member

yea i red that 2, try to imagne doing the line then move yr hand and the can over the line u want without spraying a few times to get the feel then do a real quick line so no drips.thats wat i do anyway kinda wrks
    practice on smthing at home like a bit of old wood or smthng so that when u go to the wall u no wat yur doin
    aCId II
    peace

18. Real8

Real8 Member

I like to pressure dump before finishing and lining

19. LongQuan

LongQuan Senior Member

Drips are cool, but not when you want them.
    Lots of good advice here already but I'll add a point I think has been missed.
    When painting the out line move your hand at a moderately fast pace but remember to release your finger off the cap the instant the line you're painting has been finished. If not done right the last couple of inches of the outline will have more paint than the rest and will definate;y drip.
    I hope this helps.

Peace
    :ph34r:

20. the infamous one

yeh dude that helped alot thanks, also the problem i was having was that i pressed the cap at the start and i kinda held it there for a tiny bit too long but now its all cool, thanks alot guys for all the tips