Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Blackbook Markers

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by dcite, May 3, 2004.

Share This Page

1. dcite

dcite Elite Member

hey, i was just wondering what you all think the best markers for writing in books are. ive been using prismas, and AD's. is there any really high quality marker out there to buy for books?

2. miklo

miklo Senior Member

hey thats a good question...cuz i'v used deco's but those stain onto other pages...and sharpies leak and just don't look viberant. i wanna see wat i can hit up with in books. hhhhhhhmmmmmmm prismas u say :rolleyes:

3. Swollen Member

Swollen Member Senior Member

Prismas are nice, but are expensive if you can't them. I go with Copics. They don't bleed like the Prismas usually do in my blackbook.

4. miklo

miklo Senior Member

o ok. do they ahve those at "workmans" ?

5. MisterSpeak

MisterSpeak Senior Member

Go check were not psycic.

6. Swollen Member

Copic

That's the Copic website. Check out the gallery, it features some raw shit. I would suggest racking but I just got slammed with a fine so...go ahead and buy them.

7. ACE512

ACE512 Elite Member

i usuall just use pencil i like mechanical sometimes cuz it realy gets that detail without having to constantly sharpen the pencil. and sharpies thin tips usually i sometimes use prisma colored penicls but i havnt i have a brandnew box and i dont feel like sharpening (so ill use anything that doesnt have anything to do with sharpening lol)

8. Reo

Reo New Member

yeah yeah... i don't suggest sharpies simply becuase they bleed worse than a 12 year old having her period fo the first time. if you want to get a nice thick black line for a cheap cost i highly suggest using any sort of thin felt-tip pen. felt-tips get a sick line as well as no bleeding. as for colour? you can't beat a nice marker set, but everyone knows how dirty expensive they are...my recomendations? use pencil crayons. they work really well, espescially if you're not really macking up some proffesional pieces but want to test out some styles.

9. pSYKAOz

pSYKAOz Elite Member

just get a set of super cheapo markers... you know in the kids section at wallmart... its good enuff

10. Kayone707

Kayone707 Moderator

11. ESNED

ESNED Elite Member

well all i use is sharpies when i write for hours and hours on end in 300 page notebooks. and then for sketches like pieces i use prisms,crayola, ect

12. OnlyOneCdM

OnlyOneCdM Member

crayola is good for blackbooks, its cheap and it doesnt leak as bad as sharpies, wider tip tho

13. imported_newz12

imported_newz12 Moderator

Sharpies and Touch markers... But the sharpie is only for the outline. If you want to fill with a sharpie it's sure that it will "bleed".

14. dcite

dcite Elite Member

awesome thanks

15. HELO

HELO Senior Member

yo has anyone other than news used those touch markers,, im thinking about dropping some cash for some, but i want opinions first

16. Swollen Member

Do you live in Europe, HELO?

17. jade

jade Elite Member

i stiken with my pencil crayons.....get 120 dif culurs for like 15 bucks from zellers

18. MODGrafix

MODGrafix Senior Member

Deco markers are awesome except for the fact that they bleed through your pages really bad. They come in like 300 different colors and sizes. they have some really tiny ballp[oint paint pens which are awesome for detail.

19. geezpot

geezpot Elite Member

Prisma felts or Letraset promarkers
    pencil
    eraser
    gel pens assorted colors
    pilot fineliner
    Sanford Sharpie assorted sizes and tips
    ITOYA calligraphy pen
    KOH-I-NOOR Rapidograph adjust size pen

That's my basic arsenal, I pretty much am like akid in a candy store when I hit an art store standing in the pen/felt aisle.

A good spot to buy shit is ebay, I find good deals on there for most stuff.

GEEZ

20. pSYKAOz

pSYKAOz Elite Member

ya me in an art store is badddd.... i empty my wallet in no time haha

if your shit bleeds to uch get marker paper. i found some decent one like 30 pages for less then 2$CAN... it was like in the kids section at omer deserres