Home     Graffiti Shop     Forum
Earn / Redeem Credits
Page 83 of 96 FirstFirst ... 336373787980818283848586878893 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,660 of 1920

Thread: Wheatpaste

Quote Originally Posted by salam View Post
    Hey guys, does anybody know where I can get cheap colored paster made? Kinkos wants 23 bucks per print but its on hardstock, just need something thin so I can paste it. Thanks!
    print it yourself?
    "take a walk with me, we going all city, black hat, gloves, flat black's all you need, Krylon, Rusto, a pilot, a silver touch tone, my name is famous, my face is unknown."

Alright i made some wheat passte and left it in my bedroom in a water bottle and it the bottle looked like it was going to blow up, so i open'd it up and it blew everywhere and smelled like puke is that normal ?? also can i make it and leave it in a open container ?
    or do ou think its smarter to make it night of ?

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Wheatpaste definitely smells like puke.
    The forests of Timber have changed.
    But the owls are still around.
    Quote Originally Posted by GeSuS_KRiST View Post
    fuck crunk fuck hiphop its all about the underground hiphop mainstream can suck my dick

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

yea i learned taht the hard way too, after a while it decomposes and shit and goes bad/ makes prssure so u def. gotta make it the night of then toss the rest when ur done

Quote Originally Posted by DeTwizzle View Post
    ... if I am a cop, at least we'll bomb a pretty badass piece before I arrest you... or you arrest me, ummm ponder that one my friend.

im quite new on wheatpaste & streetart but was just wondering what the main significant differences are between heated and unheated wheatpaste, cos i read in a book about a nonheated option? or is this set out for fail ?
    cheers

Couple posters from Vegas....

You can tell we snake from the rattle of the tail,
    or what the judge said from the prices of the bail...

alright, i need somebody to tell how to print poster from kinkos and what paper to print it on

A few wheat pastes I have done.
    Name:  crop.jpg
Views: 838
Size:  130.4 KBName:  crop2_batman.jpg
Views: 878
Size:  34.8 KBName:  batman_coverup.jpg
Views: 822
Size:  46.8 KB

So, basically, I just sat and read this entire thread over the the span of three days. I'm seriously looking forward to putting up some posters this weekend. I've got a million ideas.
    If anyone is still around, I'll be posting flicks as soon as possible.
    Last edited by mucormycosis; 11-26-2010 at 03:42 AM.

feedback on this paste anyone?
    Attached Images  

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Use thicker lines. It'll be more noticeable on the wall.
    Nice post Boogs.

nhl jerseys Thank you for sharing your thing, let me a lot

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

I'm working on some stuff to post up. I like doing a bunch of little characs and leaving them everywhere like IndigoBlue did with her blobs. A Gatorade bottle full of paste, some gloves and a pocketful of little guys = a fun time. I could do colorful stickers I guess but I just enjoy pasting B&W work. Did some rather uneventful stuff that I didn't bother to take flicks of but I'll snag a couple soon.

/coolstorybro

keep the flicks coming!

Name:  2010-12-21_20-33-45_780.jpg
Views: 721
Size:  114.1 KB

Something i am putting up soon. It is a little over 5 feet tall.

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Atta boi. Thick lines, and more importantly, you went big. That's o e of the benefits of posters. If you're not gonna go big, do a sticker. This is a good poster. Think of a way to personalize it. A secondary poster with a quote, or better, your name. Be aware of the space you put this on. It still amazes me to this day how small a big poster looks on a HUGE wall. Do it up kid.

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Double post cuz it makes me happy when somebody grasps their genre. Homeboy is locking it down. Do that shit Nerd.
    Fight And Win Klique/Word Trafficking Nightly/ThrillSeekers

Thank you for sharing your thing, let me a lot nhl jerseys

I have found and tested a lot of recipes and the only problem I have is trying to avoid mould spots showing up on finished pieces that have copped a lot of rain followed by warm temperatures. I have found that cornflour is better than wheat based flour in this regard. My current recipe adds a bit of vinegar (the acid is suppose to reduce mould), I boil it for 20 minutes, and I use clear gloss enamel spray to seal the work when it is dry. I even tried sterilizing the container but that did nothing. I will also add that my paste never goes mouldy in the fridge and lasts there for a fair while. Does anyone have any other tips?

My other issue is how well stuck the pasted pieces are after rain. I agree with others that a good recipe can create a situation where a pasted piece (if kept dry) can only be removed by sanding it off. (I also add some waterproof PVA woodglue in the mix) However spray it with a hose or let it get a good hit of rain, and you can scrape it right off. It will be stuck back nicely when it dries out, but when it is wet, a thumbnail is all it takes to destroy it. Any more tips on this one?

I have attached a photo of one of my pieces. I try to step outside the box and incorporate ideas from other art and design approaches. I am also an architect, so I also try to respond to the setting. This piece incorporates aerial photos of Osaka, Brisbane and Verona.

Jason
    Cloud Dwellers

Brisbane Australia

Name:  winn lane web.jpg
Views: 631
Size:  97.9 KB

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Nice post and interesting visuals. Looks like you've really experimented quite a bit with pastes, and although I don't have any remedies for those problems, I would propose this- accept the temporary nature of your work. That's part of the life cycle that is graffiti and street art. I know how frustrating it can be to work on a poster for several sleepless nights in a row, get it up, and then find it pulled within days (or even hours), but that's graffiti. It shines for the while that it exists, and then it's gone. Canvas is for preservation. Graffiti is a roll of the dice. Oh, as for the molding issue, I haven't experienced that, but perhaps trying a synthetic paste versus organic will work. Golden Harvest Teknabond.
    Fight And Win Klique/Word Trafficking Nightly/ThrillSeekers