Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Flares

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by poetic, May 3, 2004.

Share This Page

1. poetic

poetic Member

wondering how u do flares. is it possible to do it with same type of cap ona spray or u need fatties or what. thanks

2. poetic

poetic Member

yes i did see it . can someone help me out... i wnat to get something out of posting this thread...

3. Tony

Tony Elite Member

ok, now that this is in the right section

to do a flare when your doing your line pull the can away somewhat fast and angle it up or down depending on wich way your moving...these things should just come naturaly, think of it as your really sort and trying to spray really high.

4. poetic

poetic Member

oicic thanks for helping me out

5. searism215

searism215 Member

use new york fats and whip your wrists back quick..youll get a cup and ball at the top of your hand which is hot...if you use pinks or orange fats it just flares regardless

6. pSYKAOz

pSYKAOz Elite Member

u can flare with any caps... i love the flare on nythins or fats... farther from wall or greater angle = larger spray... so play around with it... and move those wrists!

7. poetic

poetic Member

would it be possible with standard krylon caps?

8. MisterSpeak

MisterSpeak Senior Member

Try to stick a pen in the stock caps to make it fatter, but Krylon is what you should use for flaring it is really number 1.

9. x807x

x807x Member

the way i llok at it is for a normal tag i move my whole arm, and for flares i just move mostly my wrist so the lines get bigeer every now and then. And of course a fat cap is key.

10. poetic

poetic Member

but it is possible without a fat cap right?

11. ``stab*

``stab* Senior Member

Theoretically, you could do it with any cap, you just have to try some different techniques and caps to find out what works best for you.

12. ESNED

ESNED Elite Member

its just all in the wrist and i dunno i do it with all caps but it works best with rustos and fats

13. Clevaness

Clevaness Senior Member

Toy Question:What is a flare? Are flares those white things that you have that make it look like the light is reflecting off corners and shit? Or is it bubbles?
    I'm mad confused

14. pSYKAOz

pSYKAOz Elite Member

a flare is when the lines of a tag get bigger then smaller. like they get way thick and fadded.

i flare with any caps... its really not hard... gotto a back ally and practice making squiggly lines and flaring them

15. ESNED

ESNED Elite Member

a nice effect when u master this is making ti small at the bottom and big and faded at the top. perv did this nicely i ahve a pic fo ti but dunno how to put it on here and im to lazy to find otu my self.

16. NISE136

NISE136 Member

if u dont know how 2 flare you should not be writin....

17. ESNED

ESNED Elite Member

that means there will be no more writers when we all die or stop (u suck if u quit) so i support begginners.

18. tha boy in da corner

tha boy in da corner Elite Member

19. clone

clone Member

i love flares. the look so good when done right. as previously mentioned, just practice em on anything. its all in the wrist, its all in the wrist.

20. Ravek

Ravek Elite Member

for a while i had no clue what flaring was i had be doing it in almost all my tags, flaring isn't hard to master, i like german outlines for flaring, its not to big and not to small of a flare