Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

What do toy's listen to?

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Deja805, Nov 6, 2007.

Share This Page

1. Deja805

Deja805 New Member

I listen to metal, and a little bit of hip-hop when I tag, what about you guys? I hope the mod allows this thread, it could be interesting, lot more than the random battle ones.

2. JEDI-MASTER

JEDI-MASTER Elite Member

well we allready have a music thread...but for da sake of shit, hip-hop mostly gotta keep it wit da origins tho i do listen to everything short of country, tech-death metal,however hip hop is da most prevalent, lately lotta bay area nd hyphy shit

3. mmmburgers

mmmburgers Elite Member

Anything... metal.. rap.. hip hop
    its all good

..cept country...

4. BORG

BORG Moderator

metal, reggae, drum-n-bass, alot of electronica, ????? very open-minded

5. Yukon

Yukon Senior Member

usually atmosphere and immortal technique but AOTP and Jedi mind tricks is dope too

6. T O K E

T O K E Elite Member

7. xtitansx0

xtitansx0 Banned

well i listen to everything but when im actualy comming the crime of vandalism NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so i can hear whats around me

8. sallybsk

sallybsk Senior Member

hiiip hop :D
    mostly underground./
    yea jedi mind tricks is sick. but my favorite atm is nujabes
    hes a Japanese DJ
    thenn. death-metal.electronica. acoustic. punk. then shit like Nat king cole :D

9. C3ZR ONE

C3ZR ONE Moderator

dg- You're a sucker for gay threads... Naw, I kid.:D

What's all the beef with country? You kids never hummed Johnny Cash "ring of fire" while crushing a yard? I guess that's just for teh l33t kids...

Toys study up on your roots. Like every other aspect of graff, musical history is significant. EPMD, Public Enemy, Pete Rock and C.L. Smooth, The Pharcyde, De La, Tribe called quest, should all be in your vocabulary, as well as bands like The Clash, Sex Pistols, Ramones, and Social Distortion.

... Okay, I just put the last one in cuzz I like 'em. :p

10. d_g

d_g Elite Member

Better be mother fucker :p anything to cut down chat in the others though, I think most of the toys in this forums are scared of General

Word.

I love how people say 'I listen to everything 'cept country' not pointing at anyone inparticular I just reckon it's funny.

Country isn't really my buzz but Johnny Cash is ace.

Ok, I see the hiphop but why clash, pistols and ramones?

I can't stand that shit personally.

UP THE METAL PUNX.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2007
  11. b3aT

b3aT Member

the Manhattan project by typical cats...kinda pumps you up..makes you feel like you could do about anything..but graff already does that for me

12. -Leski

-Leski Senior Member

I listen to a lot of music, I'm a bit of a sound head... always got headphones on while I'm doing stuff. Except painting. Thats just plain stupid unless its legal.

Ugh lets see... K-os, Red hot chili pepers, the beatles, led zepplin, nirvana, some hendrix, Jack johnson (music to get high by), moby, rob zombie, warp brothers, white stripes, some random remixs... and thats just a few picks at random off my mp3 player.

I started self medicating for depression with music, I've been addicted ever since.
    I also play the bass...

Yah music is the shit. :p

13. SEIZE [reppin yo hood]

SEIZE [reppin yo hood] Elite Member

spice girls, nsync, backstreet boys, britney, christina, shit like that....

14. T O K E

T O K E Elite Member

thats why i love reggae, thats what its all about

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rnDrbagYm24

im not gonna go as far to say it saved my life, but bob really helped :)

Last edited: Nov 7, 2007
  15. LikeOner

LikeOner Senior Member

I listen to a lot of different music

IDM, Post-Rock, Post-Punk, indie

I dont think this stuff is typical for the graff scene at all, I do listen to a little hip hop though.

16. C3ZR ONE

C3ZR ONE Moderator

DG----Cuzz Punks have a long standing love affair with graff as well. Metal is for you whippersnappers. deathmetal? ***cringes*** I don't get it. Taste has one of my all time favorite handstyles and he's all about that shit. End lesson= to each there own I guess, but you're better off for having studied up and made sure it's your own and not what some music mag told you was "underground".

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cf...&MyToken=a6fad8bf-da69-4d5a-a1c2-36e6de79a742
    Underground hip hop lives here..^^^^^^^^
    That's my old homeboy from since we were kids. He's been rockin mics since he had a toy Casio keyboard with a voice encoder. haha..

For iller hip hop, click my sig link. Zoo crew to def!

17. -Leski

-Leski Senior Member

@TOKE,
    haha nice, bobs nice and mellow. Look up some jack johnson, its some nice, flowy, mellow shit too.

I'll check it out cezr.

18. Bets369R

Bets369R Elite Member

underground hip hop and indie are my favs, but ill listen to anything exept country and pop

19. BORG

BORG Moderator

reggae is the shit, so fucking ill and chill
    bob and all the lil marleys, toots and maytals, steel pulse, lennox, buju banton, eek-a-mouse, can go for days.............

20. d_g

d_g Elite Member

Most of the punks I know and history I know of were all about political graff, not saying you're wrong, just different scenes probably. Political graffiti and I 'letters graffiti' are too massively different things to me but I dunno where you stand on that.

Meh, death metal is boring. Thrash metal is where it's at, that aint no whippersnapper shit :p