Home     Graffiti Shop     Forum
Earn / Redeem Credits
Page 169 of 672 FirstFirst ... 69119149159164165166167168169170171172173174179189219269669 ... LastLast
Results 3,361 to 3,380 of 13429

Thread: Photography

pie the girl with the pink shiiirt is diiime.

Last edited by lakim shabazz; 12-02-2009 at 10:11 AM.

On the topic of point&shoots, here's some point/shoot images.

Saint Croix, my home away from home. Beaches that are on par with kiwiland.

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

AK, blog me up brother, shoot me a cheeky PM

I wanna start one but I don't reckon enough people will read it

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Thanks y'all. I'm trying to get the girls to do a Halloween Party themed shoot. It's for a calendar, and our October girl got fired. But time will tell.... I work with all of those girls every day
    Fuck You

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Quote Originally Posted by thesecks View Post
    look, if your interested in starting photography, these are some of the things I've learnt

1. Get a shitty camera and take lots of photos using all these composition tricks youve learnt from doing your own research and not relying on other people to do it for you.

2. Read lots of magazines, blogs, forums. I've subscribed to a couple blogs, take alook at this one, full of useful stuff

http://digital-photography-school.com/

look at lots of photos and see what makes your favourite photo your favourite photo and try to encapsulate the features that make that photo 'work' as such.

3. Once you have a few decent shots and feel like you want to push this hobby on further because your limited with your camera, invest in a relatively cheap, entry level DSLR, just one that you can, change lenses, adjust shutter speed, that's all you really need for the time being, all entry level cameras are good enough with megapixels and other features.

4. Once you think your ready, get a few cheap lenses, I suggest the cheap 50mm 1.8, essential for any photography. Once you have a few lenses, your ready to upgrade to a newer body.

5. These tips are just helping you beginners out there from buying a top of the range camera, blowing thousands on equipment, thinking your going to love this hobby forever then falling out of love with it and having to sell everything at half the price you sold it for.

Finally, keep posting your shots, we'll help you best we can for tips and advice, I know I'm not the best photography in the world, but I've learnt quite alot over the past few years that you can only really learn through time.

One quote that I think is pretty important if your serious about it

Stop Taking Pictures, Start Creating Images

Just had to get all that off my chest, just fed up of all these kids wanting to get into it and wasting thousands and not even knowing about rule of thirds

I don't start anything half-assedly. I learn about everything I intend to get into for months before I ever start. And I start doing it properly, with good equipment, lots of knowledge, and get good at it, quick, because of it. It's like people telling people to use shit paint when you start writing, as opposed to buying good paint. Buying hard-to-control, hard pressured, thin, runny paint isn't going to do anything to help anyone learn, and certainly not going to make their work look any better. The best way to learn to paint with aerosol is by using paint MADE for creating art, and I've always maintained that.

I don't have anyone buying SHIT for me. If I CHOOSE to spend money I MAKE on a quality camera, why the shit should you care? If I grow tired of photography (And, considering I've never grown out of any hobby I've ever pursued, this is unlikely) I'll still have a fucking nice camera for just taking pictures of shit. It's not like a skateboard, where if you decide you don't like skating, it becomes useless to you. You can ALWAYS use a camera, and as much as I travel, I'll ALWAYS have things to take pictures of. I see no reason you can't buy a good camera straight away if you can afford to spend money on it.

Quote Originally Posted by ekipse1 View Post

It does not matter what camera you buy, a nice portrait lens will create the look you are going for. Something in the way of a 50mm F/1.8 or F/1.4 will create nice portraits. Care less about what camera you buy, and more about shooting.
    I'll keep that in mind. I was playing with a 1.8 with a polerizer yesterday and the shots looked incredible on full auto (I didn't have much time to fuck with it)
    Monsters Doing Coke
    Big B.A.D Rots

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Quote Originally Posted by Backalley Abortion Doctor View Post
    I don't start anything half-assedly. I learn about everything I intend to get into for months before I ever start. And I start doing it properly, with good equipment, lots of knowledge, and get good at it, quick, because of it. It's like people telling people to use shit paint when you start writing, as opposed to buying good paint. Buying hard-to-control, hard pressured, thin, runny paint isn't going to do anything to help anyone learn, and certainly not going to make their work look any better. The best way to learn to paint with aerosol is by using paint MADE for creating art, and I've always maintained that.

I don't have anyone buying SHIT for me. If I CHOOSE to spend money I MAKE on a quality camera, why the shit should you care? If I grow tired of photography (And, considering I've never grown out of any hobby I've ever pursued, this is unlikely) I'll still have a fucking nice camera for just taking pictures of shit. It's not like a skateboard, where if you decide you don't like skating, it becomes useless to you. You can ALWAYS use a camera, and as much as I travel, I'll ALWAYS have things to take pictures of. I see no reason you can't buy a good camera straight away if you can afford to spend money on it.

I'll keep that in mind. I was playing with a 1.8 with a polerizer yesterday and the shots looked incredible on full auto (I didn't have much time to fuck with it)

mate, my advice wasn't malicious or directed at anyone in particular, I don't even read the user names that post shit unless I see something I like and wanna say something to them.

And the thing about getting a really good camera straight off, no it doesn't bother me, I'm just thinking of you, if you don't need it, the money would probably be better use towards something else thats all.

My advice is just generic advice to everyone, just things I've learnt. No beef

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Quote Originally Posted by Msfyt View Post
    **MONTHLY PHOTOGRAPHY BATTLE (Advanced/Toy)***
    THEME: SPORTS
    DEADLINE: Mon Dec 14, 2009
    DETAILS: Please, keep the photo resolution reasonable also keep your photo editing reasonable. If your entry is overwhelming photoshopped, it will not be accepted. Minimal photoshop allowed for color alter/enhancement, only.
    MOD IN CHARGE: Msfyt
    !

Meh, sports.

Backalley Abortion Donor, check www.kenrockwell.com and read the site through and through and you will become an expert on most things photography.

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

hundred bucks says half the shots in that contest will be of skaters, and half of those
    shots will be fisheye, whatever, should be a good battle none the less

clouds were looking good this afternoon so i figured i'd try and get a few good shots out of it

...DINE...DGC...MTS...YDA...

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Quote Originally Posted by ekipse1 View Post
    Meh, sports.

Backalley Abortion Donor, check www.kenrockwell.com and read the site through and through and you will become an expert on most things photography.
    That

Was extremely helpful, thank you. Recommend a portrait lens for me for the xsi?
    Monsters Doing Coke
    Big B.A.D Rots

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

I reallyyyyyyyyy dig that last one dine !

Quote Originally Posted by Backalley Abortion Doctor View Post
    That

Was extremely helpful, thank you. Recommend a portrait lens for me for the xsi?

http://www.kenrockwell.com/canon/lenses/50mm-f14.htm

get that or the 1.8 version.

fuck sports...i try to stay as far away from sports as possible, ill try to work around the subject

"You are a fat toy who's moms a whore." -LACAN

sixthreezero

Yeah, I'm just gonna enter with whatever the fuck.

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

wheres this contest?
    Rising Student Bombers

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

1 Hour to go and less than a thousand dollars... someone get it.

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

I'm just wondering why are these camera so expensive? Like what makes them special? Thats a film camera too right?

Quote Originally Posted by markingz. View Post
    fuck you zen
    Quote Originally Posted by LeaksOne View Post
    Fighting wont help you get better at graffiti.
    "Misconceptions and assumptions are the breeding ground for ignorance"

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

haha i love you Raw

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

ak is ekipse..

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Dumbass...
    Monsters Doing Coke
    Big B.A.D Rots