Home     Graffiti Shop     Forum
Earn / Redeem Credits
Page 229 of 673 FirstFirst ... 129179209219224225226227228229230231232233234239249279329 ... LastLast
Results 4,561 to 4,580 of 13442

Thread: Photography

some magazines won't accept digital images under a specified resolution, and some magazine's won't accept digital images. at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Bets369R View Post
    of course having the eyes in focus makes a portrait, but shooting at 2.8 would put the nose OOF, which will kill the portrait..unless thats the look your going for.

my point was, learn how to use the camera to its full potential, or you might as well be shooting with a P&S. most P&S cameras have aperture modes on them.

Edit: and you cant use strobes unless your in manual mode, so if you plan on using strobes anytime soon, might wanna start learning that "M" mode now..
    CHRIST, WE KNOW HOW TO USE MANUAL, OK?

been using strobes for years now, you're not special!

You're talking like god's gift or some shit, chill with it.

fearrrrkkk

Quote Originally Posted by kmcdon3960 View Post
    Move along.
    Obviously you haven't been reading this thread for a very long time, because if you had, you'd know that I shoot film on manual cameras that don't even have meters. That's okay though, I can't expect everyone to do their research.
    the conversation wasnt aimed towards you. actually, much respect because i cant work a dark room for shit.
    some magazines won't accept digital images under a specified resolution, and some magazine's won't accept digital images. at all.
    ive never heard of a magazine that doesnt accept any kind of digital images, unless is a photo mag geared towards film photography maybe. other than that, never heard of it.

Quote Originally Posted by .A.K.4.7. View Post
    CHRIST, WE KNOW HOW TO USE MANUAL, OK?

been using strobes for years now, you're not special!

You're talking like god's gift or some shit, chill with it.

fearrrrkkk
    i never said you didnt know how. i was generally speaking. maybe i was a little sarcasic, but shit its a graff forum toughen up a little.

if you know how to shoot in manual then you should know the benefits of it is all im saying.

http://ezinearticles.com/?How-to-Sub...tion&id=167880

It’s only just recently that magazines have decided to accept digital images this is due to the image quality of early digital camera were not man enough for the job i.e. did not produce images with enough resolution and level of detail to reproduce well in magazines. Most Picture Editors on magazines prefer either slides or prints as this is mainly at present habit but is currently changing due to more professional photographers using digital cameras.

i never said you didnt know how. i was generally speaking. maybe i was a little sarcasic, but shit its a graff forum toughen up a little.

if you know how to shoot in manual then you should know the benefits of it is all im saying.
    yeah word just the way you were preaching got to me big time.

I'm happy now.

i knew that, but how recent is recent? most professional photogs have been using digital cameras atleast for the past 10 years.

I dunno, but I know last year someone from another forum tried to submit some pics to a mountain biking magazine, and they said it had to be atleast 20mp or film.

yeah word just the way you were preaching got to me big time.

I'm happy now.
    haha yeah ill argue the point of shooting manual all day. Reason being is most people buy a top of the line camera then turn it to green box mode and call themselves photographers, taking pics of piles of wood, rocks, rusty bolts...you get my point..

i just try to preach manual mode to cut down on all that nonsense

Yeah gotta say I don't agree that mags want film, thats not right.

Digital has taken over everything, film just used for landscape and architecture these days, and not even that much.

I dunno, but I know last year someone from another forum tried to submit some pics to a mountain biking magazine, and they said it had to be atleast 20mp or film.
    hasselblad FTW

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Just found my old flickr, just uploaded new stuff. Kinda fun, being back on there
    This is a kinda new one.

crits por favor?

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

when i shoot action sports, or something fast paced, then maybe ill go into aperture mode
    Really? Anything fast paced is one of the few times I leave manual but I switch to shutter priority not aperture priority. The only time I use aperture priority is when I need to keep a consistent dof for a set.

With a few situational exceptions manual is whats up. There is no need to act like a dick because you know how to use your camera, but in my books if your letting your camera do the thinking you aren't a photographer.

Ak the window shot is dope. You should try and recover those highlights though, they distract from the subject. And there's something about your last headshot that I'm feeling.

Talking about cliches a couple pages back, well the most annoying one for me is mirrored self portraits with the camera on the face. #1 in my books.

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

not in a mirror.

XXX.

Quote Originally Posted by ares View Post
    Really? Anything fast paced is one of the few times I leave manual but I switch to shutter priority not aperture priority. The only time I use aperture priority is when I need to keep a consistent dof for a set.

With a few situational exceptions manual is whats up. There is no need to act like a dick because you know how to use your camera, but in my books if your letting your camera do the thinking you aren't a photographer.

Ak the window shot is dope. You should try and recover those highlights though, they distract from the subject. And there's something about your last headshot that I'm feeling.

Talking about cliches a couple pages back, well the most annoying one for me is mirrored self portraits with the camera on the face. #1 in my books.
    Hey, mirror self portraits are still cool.....

Yeah tried to recover the washed out bit, but was just lost. Stink buzz.

Quote Originally Posted by thesecks View Post
    hmm
    Congrats, you just won the internets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert Fish View Post
    just because you can't read it doesn't make it good.

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Hey, mirror self portraits are still cool.....
    AM I COOL YET?!?!?!?!?!?!!??!?!?!?!??!!?!!!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Backalley Abortion Doctor View Post
    I fucking hate black people.
    disclaimer: i do not commit any illegal acts regardless to anything that i post

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

I'm cooler

Quote Originally Posted by markingz. View Post
    fuck you zen
    Quote Originally Posted by LeaksOne View Post
    Fighting wont help you get better at graffiti.
    "Misconceptions and assumptions are the breeding ground for ignorance"