Home     Graffiti Shop     Forum
Earn / Redeem Credits
Page 587 of 672 FirstFirst ... 87487537567577582583584585586587588589590591592597607637 ... LastLast
Results 11,721 to 11,740 of 13433

Thread: Photography

they play a couple songs from them on the radio here, it's okay I guess, but I'm not 'hip' enough to like them proper.

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Name:  -1.jpg
Views: 212
Size:  119.5 KB

canon 85 1.2L

such a beast of a lens

Any film heads on here want to share scanning technicques? When I scan, I drop the contrast way down, it doesn't look nice, but it retains as much information as possible. Make sure you don't drop it down too far, gotta find a happy medium:

Then, I do all my curves and contrast in photoshop, and remove any scratches or spots on the film using a wacom tablet and clone stamp:

And for anybody who says that zeiss lenses aren't good, check out the 100% crop from the original scan:

and ali, I'll see your 1.2 and raise you a 1.1

If that lens is actually yours, for god's sake take the filter off!!!!
    Last edited by kmcdon3960; 03-02-2011 at 02:01 PM.

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

I wish. it's my boss's. I don't get what you mean about the filter though.
    that nokoton is bass ass dude

my tumblr:
    http://kayvonmangabay.tumblr.com/
    haven't updated it in a while though

shooting another concert next weekend, hella amped. really need to find more gigs.
    AK your a full time photographer right? how do you find work?

I look at it this way, you spend $2500 on a top of the line canon lens, a lens that is made with special glass and has thousands of hours of research and development into it, and now you've got a piece of shit glass thing on the front of it. Think like this, you're gonna go bang your old lady with a condom on, sure it'll work fine, but it's much better if you take that sucker off and hit it raw.

edit: it's one thing if you're using a polarizer or a red/yellow (for black&white) but uv's are pretty pointless these days, modern lenses are built much better and withstand alot more abuse. Hell, I've cleaned my L shit with a tshirt before, never hurt it.

Another thing that filters can do is cause reflections, here's a picture I took years ago, before I knew any better. I had a UV filter on the lens, and it caused the lights from the mojo 13 sign to reflect on the bottom of the pic. It took me a long time to figure out why they were coming out like that, ever since then I ditched my UV filters. Apparently I didn't know anything about white balance at the time either

Last edited by kmcdon3960; 03-02-2011 at 02:19 PM.

Almost daily is on fire. Always great shit.

Quote Originally Posted by kmcdon3960 View Post
    I look at it this way, you spend $2500 on a top of the line canon lens, a lens that is made with special glass and has thousands of hours of research and development into it, and now you've got a piece of shit glass thing on the front of it. Think like this, you're gonna go bang your old lady with a condom on, sure it'll work fine, but it's much better if you take that sucker off and hit it raw.
    Never thought about it like that. But I'm still too scared to leave the glass bare on my $3000 1950's summilux...

Quote Originally Posted by Kao.Ali View Post
    I wish. it's my boss's. I don't get what you mean about the filter though.
    that nokoton is bass ass dude

my tumblr:
    http://kayvonmangabay.tumblr.com/
    haven't updated it in a while though

shooting another concert next weekend, hella amped. really need to find more gigs.
    AK your a full time photographer right? how do you find work?
    I don't to be honest.
    I'm not getting anywhere near as much work as I want. I get an occasional high paying job that can last me a few weeks and I'm living on that by the skin of my teeth after paying 200$ a week rent etc.
    I basically have just marketed myself hard, website, facebook page, doing lots of free work if it gives you professional photos to add to the portfolio. I don't do any free shit any more though.
    It's all about looking professional, (which is mainly why I spent so much on a D3S) and LOOKING as if you get heaps of work when in reality you don;'t. It's all word of mouth.
    Takes a while to get to that stage and I've got a long way to go.

Any film heads on here want to share scanning technicques? When I scan, I drop the contrast way down, it doesn't look nice, but it retains as much information as possible. Make sure you don't drop it down too far, gotta find a happy medium:

Then, I do all my curves and contrast in photoshop, and remove any scratches or spots on the film using a wacom tablet and clone stamp:

And for anybody who says that zeiss lenses aren't good, check out the 100% crop from the original scan:

If that lens is actually yours, for god's sake take the filter off!!!!

This is interesting. What scanner/software are you using? I'm gonna try this.

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

AK47 These photos are DOPPEEEE....well i think so anyway haha...

Ive been slacking on my photo taking recently....been to busy sorting out my car to sell it...and i had a fuckin traumatic experience with the girlfriend borrowing my camera...and basically ruining a roll of film which was inside it....she opened it up thinking it had wound in when it fuckin hadnt moved at all....i literally was nearly in tears over the phone...its 3 months of photos of odd places....could of punched her haha....anyway heres a quick few....some from battersea on a roll of ilford 125....

is that a powerplant monkey? That's awesome, I love clocks and dials.

ak: I'm using an epson perfection 500 with whatever software came on it

don't punch your missus g

Last edited by ImageVerification; 03-03-2011 at 07:16 AM.
    Megapickles.

diggin that iv

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

is that a powerplant monkey? That's awesome, I love clocks and dials.
    yep battersea power station...probably one of londons most iconic buildings...love it there!

Quote Originally Posted by .A.K.4.7. View Post
    don't punch your missus g
    haha nah man i wouldnt ever...i was just like upset but mad...she was nearly in tears over the phone to me...when she bought it back to me she was nearly crying as well haha...we nearly had a group cry XD ....i mean the film might not actually be fucked as its only the last 4-5 exposures which might of been exposed as light shouldnt of traveled through the film on the roll....but meh gonna get it developed tomorrow...

yeah if it was only open for a moment it shouldnt of ruined the whole roll.
    alot of good stuff in here lately, makes me feel bad, i havent gotten out to shoot in forever

copped this today for $799. stoked

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

same VA i havent been out well...i have done just not shot anything...maybe in a month or two easy...just being lazy...yer she says it wasnt open for long but i dont know...im hoping it will just be the last 7-8 photos on the reel which might be fucked and the inside few will be cool...she says she put it in the developing tank in complete darkness with out the redlight even so im hoping :/

IV!!

So i need some advice. Should i sell the d7000 seeing as i can prolly get like 1300 for it easy. And take that cash and get a d700, or just chill with the d7000 and get nice glass. It's a sick camera and i can use lenses on both my cameras