Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

political thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by scary letters, Feb 26, 2008.

Share This Page

1. scary letters

scary letters Senior Member

dont be morons with this.

over the past few years ive gotten into politics pretty heavily because im tired of the way shit is run. for those of you in the states, the last 8 years have been very damaging in terms of the publics trust in the government. this upcoming election is being billed as the most important since world war II, and i think its important that everybody is educating themselves as to whats going on, even if you dont fit the democrat or republican mold. personally i would label myself as middle-to-far left wing, but i dont really dig on any of the candidates thus far. if i was forced to pick id take obama over hillary and mccain. you guys?

Last edited: Feb 26, 2008
  2. AMansNotACamel

AMansNotACamel Senior Member

Well, I voted Rudd but that's probably only because I've seen John Howard for ages and I wanted a change, if Howard gave leadership to Costello before the election I probably would have voted liberal. Then again, it would seem that image is the only thing that changes when a new government comes to power in Australia - Kinda boring really. The only thing I'm really worried about that has anything to do with politics is the economy and the recession that will occur after the boom, nobody can really help this though, I just don't want to live in poverty...

Edit: Oh yeah, another consequence of voting in the Labor Government was them apologising to the coons on my behalf. Again this is just really an image thing cas saying sorry won't change them, but it is the principle of the matter.

3. SBOMBS

SBOMBS Elite Member

what are u people waiting to move out....canada is great...or even europe....or south america....dunnno...my personnal opinion......i think u motherfuckers are gonna attack us and conquer within 5 years...

4. Cause816

Cause816 Senior Member

Yeah ScaryLetters I know what you mean about the past eight years. This is gonna be the first election that I'm gonna get to vote in but I definately am. We need to get outta this war and stop being so damn greedy. If we keep this up we'll defeat ourselves

5. trowel

trowel Senior Member

"the last 8 years have been very damaging in terms of the publics trust in the government".

True statement.

I haven't ever, and will not ever vote. I personally just don't want to end up voting for and electing another frivolous cretin in to office. I guess it is ultimately a trust issue for me. Anyone can lie to another person, but, think of the kind of person that it takes to stand up in front of an entire country and lie. Those are the tiny snakes in the grass that pack a deadly bite. I would feel personally responsible if I voted for the wrong person. But, i respect everyones decision, we all have our own views...All we can really do is hope that the next president does good for our country...Essentially we can just hope that the next president does the job they are given correctly and intelligently.

"We need to get outta this war and stop being so damn greedy. If we keep this up we'll defeat ourselves"
    Isn't that how all of the greatest nations/rulers ultimately fell?

6. jakbg23

jakbg23 Member

i dont know i like hilarys experience but im swaying towards obama for a new change..
    but the trust issue is true ,look at the sattelite being shot down,i belive it was to test our missiles..

7. Steel!

Steel! Elite Member

word.
    tho im not so hot on clinton.. like she's a true politician and she even voted fro the war. i would be thrilled to see her in as opposed to maccain or someone but like i said.. shes had too many years as a politician and i think she's a little too willing to jump on the bandwagon. obama on the other hand just finished his 1st term in congress. he's young, and he's inexperienced as a politician. this pretty much means what he says is what he means. he's my first choice.

besides.. shepard fairy made a sick poster for him :p

8. Cause816

Cause816 Senior Member

Trowel-hell yeah man look at hitler and napolean...I mean they got greedy and they defeated themselves. Also (no beef) I can see what you mean by not wanting to vote but as long as you don't complain about the way the system is run it's all dandy. But too many people out there now adays say that they don't vote and they don't agree with they way things are run when really yeah maybe not one vote will count but if we impact enough people to vote things will change. See it's all about the power of numbers. The government is truely afraid of the citizens and they're more afraid of us because we can get more honest, true followers with a simple tag we put up on a building than most people can get by buying them off. It just takes someone to stand up for something they want and to stand their ground. How do you think Blacks defeated the civil rights era. Rodney king? etc...no one anymore is willing to stand up for what they want because the government has scared us since we were kids by broadcasting FEAR throughout the airwaves.

STEEL-Yeah that poster Fairey made was sick :)

JAKBG23- I agree with the whole missle thing. Honestly i think that our government did it to let the other countries know that if they ever make a secret weapon we can shoot it down. In fact right now we are developing a plane that can fly on the outer edge of the atmosphere above radar and can ultimately "dive bomb" other countries with the nukes that we "Promised we wouldn't use."

Just my opinion... :)

9. Rots takes your Daughters

Rots takes your Daughters Elite Member

Personally, I want Mike Gravel to win. Of course he WON'T, but I'm not too disappointed in the current situation.. Hilary is my second choice. She did more as first lady than George Bush has done in an eight year term as the American president. So I know she WILL actually come through with what she says. However, I think women are inept in every way.

Anywhosers. I don't know much about Obama, but he seems around to being on par with the same views as Hilary, so either is fine by me, I prefer Hilary, though.

ROTEN FOR PRESIDENTE.

10. rasta or die

rasta or die Member

Obama, is a Muslim, and in the Koran the Muslims first
    rule is to lie to anyone else that isn't a muslim.

11. Rots takes your Daughters

12. Rots takes your Daughters

Also, everyone else is Christian. Christians' first rule is to be completely stupid.

13. rasta or die

rasta or die Member

14. Rots takes your Daughters

You're born an atheist.

You are endoctrined into your religion.

Anyway, does it really matter if he was? He says he's a Christfag now. But they all...are.

Anyway. My key point is anyone willing to further the seperation of church and state. If you let your religious beliefs interfere with your common sense, you shouldn't be running Taco bell, let alone the United States.

15. rasta or die

rasta or die Member

and thats why im a proud atheist.

16. T O K E

T O K E Elite Member

first off our foreign police is fucked, we are the richest most infulental nation in the world and we should help ther countries in need, and by hekllp i dont mean start a civil war in a country 1000 miles away, we should give time and rescources to countries that want our help

secondly i refuse to vote until the election is decided by popular vote, simples as that

17. Cause816

Cause816 Senior Member

I see what ya mean TOKE about the decision by popular vote. But i am still gonna vote regardless because maybe it'll change something.

18. SAID

SAID Moderator

bump bump, bumppp
    canada.

19. und3cided

und3cided Senior Member

yeah, i also think the current president did nothing for the economy, pollution,education, or Terrorist defense. In fact it did less than nothing, it made our country be in severe debt because of the war.

Think anyone ever asked how is dads massive oil company is doing in the middle east?

Obama 08 (cant vote, but i want as many people to notice his amazing public speaking and golden presence)

20. Steel!

Steel! Elite Member

rots: worrrrrd. separation of church and state is deff needed.. and i live in the "evangelical mecca" of the US so im like constantly putting up with their evangelizing bullshit.. even at school. ive had teachers whip out pocket-bibles during in-class discussions and we also have like 3 teacher-led bible clubs.. (illegal much?)

whoever ya vote for.. just dont vote for mccain! hes anti separation