Voters
1019. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

870 85.38%
  • No

149 14.62%
Page 44 of 45 FirstFirst ... 243439404142434445 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by phrasel View Post
    I've read so many people who are talking shit out of their ass, they read a couple posts ahead of theirs pile together ideas from each and then use words and a way of talking that makes them sound educated. I voted that graffiti is art; Noun: Art
    The expression or application of human creative skill and imagination, typically in a visual form such as painting or sculpture,...:
    by definition graffiti is art we are expressing or applying our creative and imaginative skill to what ever the canvas maybe, black book, mailbox, or wall.

for all of the people who say graffiti is vandalism look at it this way for a second; Noun: Vandalism
    Action involving deliberate destruction of or damage to public or private property.

personally I believe that only a few forms of graffiti are "vandalism" such as etching glass. Painting on a wall is NOT destroying the property, its providing ART ( as previously explained )
    burning your tag into glass is destroying it because they cant simply remove it with some sort of buffer.

Also, graffiti is GREAT for our economy think about all the money that gets circulated from all types of people to pay for the work, to pay for the removal, and to give cops something to do with their bullshit jobs.
    I totally understand where you're coming from man. I dont necessarily believe its not vandalism, but I see where youre at.

Just see it this way. Yeah the paint can be removed, but you're doing it without the owners permission, thats where it becomes vandalism.

Nothing was destroyed from the paint if i took the time to paint the entire thing one colour no one would care probably?
    A free paint job

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Whatever you consider art evryone else might not. All this stuff you see on canvases or in gallery is what some have labeled as art and to some its ugly. A lot of so called art to me is ugly and dumb. Some so called artist have absolutely no damn skills. I used to paint just like them when i was in third grade. So to consider something just one thing is simply dumb and close minded. Graff is much more things then simply vandalism or art. It is peoples way of life, there strenght to get through life, the reason they still live, their stress relief, their joy, their pain, their stress, their passion, their way to make a living and their whole life. So me to this cant be summarized in one single term. Some of us do it for the love of drawing, painting and being able to create better products each day. And some simply do it to fuck shit up and be cool and to feel some kind of false rebellion. So whatever your reason is.........do whatever the fuck makes you happy and fuck what society says. Bomb the system.

a stress relief that stresses you out isn't a good idea to reduce your stress

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Quote Originally Posted by phrasel View Post
    a stress relief that stresses you out isn't a good idea to reduce your stress
    Like I said for some people it is. For me it relaxes me and makes me forget about all my problems at least for a while...a lot better then being a drunk or drugee. It's different for everyone. If graff stresses you out then you might want to look into doing something else...maybe collecting stamps.

The way I see it the ads all over the place, they are the corporate world's graffiti, if they should be allowed to put there ads up everywhere promoting themselves, then so should I! I mean sure they get the permission from the owners of the property, but the property is open to public view, nobody asked me if I want to see a poster of a burger everyday for example. What if I have an eating disorder and that is just staring me right in the face every single day? I guess what I'm trying to say is don't be a hypocrite! :P
    http://www.bombingscience.com/graffitiforum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=67633&dateline=133503  6468

Advertising costs money
    If we had to pay people to paint on their things it wouldn't be a problem would it.
    They dont go to random bus stops and open up a bench and put their sign in it and hope no one knows.

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

To me it depends on the intentions of the writer. If the intention is just to destroy shit, to me, it's not art. If it's with the intention of self expression, it's art, vandalism or not.

Also, just because something's illegal, it doesn't mean it's not art. Cops will try to convince you otherwise. In some countries (Tibet for example), certain art forms other than graff are banned. Are they not art because the laws in these countries say they're illegal?

Writing graff on a wall is not destruction to me. Etching and actually breaking shit is.

People who intentionally break things while tagging like kicking out lights on buses, or write on someones house, just give graff a bad name.

toys do not make art. Legend can make real art.

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

graff is the oldest art form known to man, end of, from basic tags to full blown murals, its all relative, dont get me wrong, im a bomber to the core and only do artistic shit in my blackbook, but tags and throws are still an artform in their own right.

Banned
    Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

graffiti aint art it getting ur name out for everyone to see

Banned
    Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

graffiti is vandalism tagging up every mutha fking thing u see

I think it all depends on your definition of graffiti. Is it this:

Or is it this?

http://www.gifti.me/i/72zICB5.gif

Banned
    Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

They're both graffiti, silly

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Personally I see graffiti as vandalism and art at the same time. A lot of the time when I see large murals on walls I think of it as art because it is a form of self expression and it is a form of communication to get a voice out that ins't always heard. But when I look at random scribbles that took no practice on walls that is just vandalism to get people to read your name.

Quote Originally Posted by Slushi View Post
    They're both graffiti, silly
    as i said, its all about how you see it.

http://www.gifti.me/i/72zICB5.gif

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Quote Originally Posted by GeSuS_KRiST View Post
    ok im tired of here a whole bunch of toys try to tell me graffiti is art, personally i think graffiti is vandlism.... im out for the distruction and getting my name up not to do art.... i see nothing artist about scribles on electrical boxes and tosses on people personal stuff... dont get me wrong graffiti take up a BIG part in my life but yea...

graffiti stoped being art once it was taken out of the ghettos where it made it the dark depressing broken down walls ect into something colorful and gave kids hope and somthing to do instead of gang banging ect...

but i wanna see your everyones views on this, who know if might even help some people out with doing reports in school
    some of us still write only on depressing broken down shit. i dont bomb peoples houses, i hit public shit. and one of the reasons i think my graffiti is art is its a constantly evolving improoving expression on my creativity. maybe not all graffiti is art, but mine is. and fuck what anyone else says about it people used to say picasos work wasnt art. fuck that. perhaps can control or drawing skill is just a "skill" but conceptually, most good graffiti is art. if you wanna just vandalize shit then go break store windows with bricks and leave a note. bet youll get your name out like that faster than writing, what paper wouldnt run that story?

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Quote Originally Posted by inker555 View Post
    So a few here said if you got caught by the cops you would continue to do grafitti. Howabout if you got caught by a building owner and really got your ass kicked really bad. Would you still do it? And take the chance of getting your stupid ass kicked again and again?
    you must really be a puss. why are you even a writer if your so scared of consequences?

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

I think it's art homie, I throw shit up for one of my dead boys. Ain't gonna stop, ATLEAST not in the near future

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

yea its art