Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Wescosa Inc Ultra-wide Refillable Marker

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by calmlikeabomb, Feb 2, 2005.

Share This Page

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. calmlikeabomb

calmlikeabomb Elite Member

ok so today I bought a wescosa inc, ultra-wide refillable marker....it was ten bucks....I thought it was ok....but I was wrong.....ok so the crap had no ink.....no fucking nib....and its suposed to be refillable, but I can't find where to put my krink in...I think from the bottom, but that shit won't come off.....and I have a feeling the tat shop I got it from has a no return policy....anyone know how to put the krink in, or where I can get a nib to fit?or if I got jipped....hahahaha....thanks....

2. Kayone707

Kayone707 Moderator

if its supposed to come with a nib show them the recpit *sp* and take care of bizz...

3. vegimite on toast

vegimite on toast Elite Member

You bought it for ten bucks and it came with no ink and no nib, demand a refund or an exhange for another maker or makers to the value of 10 dollars.

4. Tony

Tony Elite Member

they arent supoposed to come with ink, but it should come with a nib. and to refill ti just take the nib out and pour the ink in from the top

5. GeSuS_KRiST

GeSuS_KRiST Moderator

tony know whats up

you take the cap off the bottom and put INK not paint INK INK INK INK in it.... u sure there no nib... take a flick of it

6. Tony

Tony Elite Member

krink is ink...unless he's talking about "ghetto krink"

7. bumsuckfun

bumsuckfun Elite Member

miniwides and ultrawides are my favorite markers.

they're not supposed to come with ink.

you take out the nib (pull up) and put your ink in the top with an eyedropper.

the company that makes ultrawides and miniwides has had some mechanical problems lately, so theres a good chance they were selling them without the nibs, and probably had something saying so and you weren't paying attention.

artprimo has the nice soft old-school style nibs. they're $2. pick one up.

also, i haven't had 'paint' per say work in miniwides (havent tried to be honest), but i have used white marsh t-grade which is pigment based (so it's practically paint, since paint is technically pigment based ink) and it's worked. also had krink work. never tried ghetto krink... but anyway.

yeah, the machine tha tmakes the miniwides is broken, and they don't make them anymore... a sad day for me.

8. calmlikeabomb

it has no nib, and they did have reciepts...I thought that looked fucked up...I was looking in it and it looked like maybe the nib was in th botom, but its not.....man the bitch that got it out the counter opened it and then gave it to me....Ill try to return that shit....if they don't take it....I dunno what I'm gonna do....fuck I'm pissed....and confused hahahaha....

so when one of the ultra wides doesn't have a nib in it, are you able to see inside, or is there something blocking it? because in my pen, if I look where the nid is suposed to go, at the botton there is what looks like it could be the nib, but in back wards....meaning the entire nib is inside of the marker....its kinda hard to say, and I don't have a digital camera.....ugh...hahaha I feel real stupid....

another thing.....um.about ink/krink, I'm kinda confused...ok so I have some crome paint, brake fluid and paint thinner.....is that krink, ghetto krink or just crap? it is pretty watery, but I haven't been able to real try to write with it, because of this whole pen thing......it also smells alot....anyone know of a way to make it not smell? so I can use it on busses and stuff....eh...thanks for you help guys.....

9. bumsuckfun

bumsuckfun Elite Member

that stuff you have is ghetto krink. real krink is a commercial product made by a writer named KR and sells for quite a high price tag. www.Krink.com for more info.

the inside of miniwides and ultrawides has an absorbant material which absorbs the excess ink, just like the insides of pilot supercolors or most other markers that don't work on a valve/pump system. this is what you're seeing inside. this allows the ink to be inside the marker without it being in flowing liquid form which would saturate your nib and drip out. this way the absorbant material absorbs the ink, and it 'diffuses' into the nib... clean lines with no mess.

if you can't return it, buy a nib from art primo, those old school nibs kick ass. if that doesn't work, well, steal one off another ultrawide, nobody will notice. unless it's a graff shop... then think consciously about stealling from them...

10. Tony

Tony Elite Member

when you pull the nib out there is nothing blocking it from the inside of the marker, what your seeing is just the foam that soaks up the ink.

and what you made is "ghetto krink"....it wont work.

11. calmlikeabomb

dam....on both.....so yeah there is no nib then.... so ghetto krink, will that work with a kiwi mop?

12. bumsuckfun

bumsuckfun Elite Member

yep.

pretty much everything will work in a kiwimop.

try getting a nib for that ultrawide though. the 'waves' you can put in your tag with a marker like that is just pure style.

13. calmlikeabomb

yeah I'm going tomorow, if they say they wont give me a free nib, or wont let me trade my shit in Ill try to rack one...but I dunno how that will work, all their sprays,markers and ink is behind the counter....is art primo an online store? I'm still under 18 so I don't have a credit card, and I'm poor so I wouldn't have one anyways hahahaha.....it sucks, I don't know of anyother places in sf where I can get markers like this, or spray for as cheap as it is there.....

14. bumsuckfun

bumsuckfun Elite Member

art primo is online, www.artprimo.com

perhaps you could email the folks at artprimo and see if they'd take a money order so you could pay that way?

15. calmlikeabomb

well I went to the store today. and the lady gave me the nib....so thats cool....now all I need to do is to make some ink...I have been using decos lately...

16. shie a.k.a. drone

shie a.k.a. drone Senior Member

yo if they dont give you a refund, rack a new one fill it with some krink then tag all the stores walls and windows and throw your old one threw theyre window....or give it to me...lol.

17. shie a.k.a. drone

shie a.k.a. drone Senior Member

o she gave ya a nib huh?weeeellll u should still do wut i said to do.(she sounds like quite the bitch) lol. :)

18. iwritebasic

iwritebasic Senior Member

hey what store are u talking about, anubis? and if was anubis howd u get it w/o a person 18 years or older?

19. Tagger101

Tagger101 Senior Member

just go to the store
    march right to those markers
    and have your self some discounts (five finger!)
    get what you paid for

20. T R E O

T R E O Elite Member

MARKERS THREAD!
    CLOSED.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.