Home     Graffiti Shop     Forum
Earn / Redeem Credits
Page 652 of 1112 FirstFirst ... 152552602632642647648649650651652653654655656657662672702752 ... LastLast
Results 13,021 to 13,040 of 22226

Thread: Throwies

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

To Bek: The best way to learn letter structure is to start with basics. Draw block letters similar to the letters on your keyboard, but SEPARATE each bar. For example: The letter "A" has three bars (in this case). draw each section separately to make a good clean letter (this is similar to "starting with a circle" when drawing a cartoon character or something). Then start experimenting by bending your bars, changing the width of the bars, how your letter is going to balance, etc. It takes time, but you'll be a much better artist (not graffiti artist; artist) once you start practicing this.

Eros- I'd like for you to read the same crits as bek. You need to learn more about letters and how they're formed before you try to contruct throws. Maybe even work on handstyles for a while. That's really most of what I do. Handstyles and straight letters. I'm not a good graffiti artist by any standards (like Phil said, we all are in the toy forum), but I think I have enough respect with my handstyles to give crits. Making solid handstyle can help you later construct any aspect of graffiti (throws, straight letters, pieces, anything). Not to sound cheesy, but handstyles are the BASE of your artistic style. So, hey, it might not be terrible to work on those for a while.

Task- getting slightly better. I would still shy my eyes away if I saw that on the street. It might help to draw some throws on graph paper to make sure each letter is the same width and height (approximately, at least) And you just have ugly bars all around. No structure. I actually think your bottom throw has more potential. May just be me, though.

TAK- The K is awful. I think you need a block letter K rather than the bubble nonsense you have now. The TA aren't that great either, the bars are not consistent.

KRSD- Same advice as everyone else.

And I already got a few crits on this, but I'll post so the rest of you can share advice since I just wrote all of that shit. Sorry for the blur.

I think its the t and the k that are making the rest of the bars look ugly, they're out of place. And I'll continue working on the bottom one as well. Heres a sketch i just did, i dropped the k (doesnt really matter in a throwup) and changed the t.
    Last edited by Task977; 08-02-2010 at 05:40 PM.

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Umm... I think you dropped the K because you can't draw a K, which is fine. I do the same sometimes. Your S has the most potential. The important thing to note is that I do see improvement. Keep going with it.

Quote Originally Posted by NouveauP View Post
    Umm... I think you dropped the K because you can't draw a K, which is fine. I do the same sometimes. Your S has the most potential. The important thing to note is that I do see improvement. Keep going with it.
    Thats why I dropped it
    And I'll keep trying to improve

Banned
    Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

To Bek: The best way to learn letter structure is to start with basics. Draw block letters similar to the letters on your keyboard, but SEPARATE each bar. For example: The letter "A" has three bars (in this case). draw each section separately to make a good clean letter (this is similar to "starting with a circle" when drawing a cartoon character or something). Then start experimenting by bending your bars, changing the width of the bars, how your letter is going to balance, etc. It takes time, but you'll be a much better artist (not graffiti artist; artist) once you start practicing this.

Eros- I'd like for you to read the same crits as bek. You need to learn more about letters and how they're formed before you try to contruct throws. Maybe even work on handstyles for a while. That's really most of what I do. Handstyles and straight letters. I'm not a good graffiti artist by any standards (like Phil said, we all are in the toy forum), but I think I have enough respect with my handstyles to give crits. Making solid handstyle can help you later construct any aspect of graffiti (throws, straight letters, pieces, anything). Not to sound cheesy, but handstyles are the BASE of your artistic style. So, hey, it might not be terrible to work on those for a while.

Task- getting slightly better. I would still shy my eyes away if I saw that on the street. It might help to draw some throws on graph paper to make sure each letter is the same width and height (approximately, at least) And you just have ugly bars all around. No structure. I actually think your bottom throw has more potential. May just be me, though.

TAK- The K is awful. I think you need a block letter K rather than the bubble nonsense you have now. The TA aren't that great either, the bars are not consistent.

KRSD- Same advice as everyone else.

And I already got a few crits on this, but I'll post so the rest of you can share advice since I just wrote all of that shit. Sorry for the blur.

if you look at my piece what do you think i should do with the letters

top or bottom?

Banned
    Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Quote Originally Posted by Task977 View Post
    top or bottom?
    bottom my man just work man youll get better with time

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

No, you said you dropped the K because it doesn't matter in a throw up. I was just clarifying that you'll have to learn that K sometime, so you shouldn't leave it out. It's just a good habit to have. At least try one. You can change it later.

As for Bek's piece- (with the smurf) It looks like you were working with bars, which is crucial to constructing a piece. And you seem to have a decent understanding of the letter forms. There's not a lot of balance in your piece, and it looks like you threw in add ons to make up for that. You should lay off of extension until you can design letters and know when you need them. You're throwing on bells and whistles when you don't have a quality product to begin with (sales metaphors? gay). Also, your can control and color choice shows that you're not ready to take on a piece like that. Take it slow, homie. You got that basics, but don't get ahead of yourself.

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

some new name im workin on and the tags to

Quote Originally Posted by Eon 1 View Post
    Im wanting to get into slaps and I was wondering, are they just stickers or what..
    Quote Originally Posted by Werse View Post
    At least that "kid" can draw a throwie...

Banned
    Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

dope^^^

Banned
    Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

No, you said you dropped the K because it doesn't matter in a throw up. I was just clarifying that you'll have to learn that K sometime, so you shouldn't leave it out. It's just a good habit to have. At least try one. You can change it later.

As for Bek's piece- (with the smurf) It looks like you were working with bars, which is crucial to constructing a piece. And you seem to have a decent understanding of the letter forms. There's not a lot of balance in your piece, and it looks like you threw in add ons to make up for that. You should lay off of extension until you can design letters and know when you need them. You're throwing on bells and whistles when you don't have a quality product to begin with (sales metaphors? gay). Also, your can control and color choice shows that you're not ready to take on a piece like that. Take it slow, homie. You got that basics, but don't get ahead of yourself.
    thanks man ill draw something up let me know what u think when i post it

risk- just dont go toooo crazy with size it gets bigger from as the name goes on
    eros- kill that style not feeling the points

task- keep the k, on your green throw drop 1 line on the a and work with it...
    I was Born Ready Mother Fucker...

Quick 2 letter; NUCE
    LIHC.

pretty ill. i wanna see the whole thing.

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Quote Originally Posted by -Dank-DK- View Post

some new name im workin on and the tags to
    fuck just wanted to repost

Quote Originally Posted by Eon 1 View Post
    Im wanting to get into slaps and I was wondering, are they just stickers or what..
    Quote Originally Posted by Werse View Post
    At least that "kid" can draw a throwie...

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

crits on the REMS one plz the Mario one was fckn around.
    Last edited by REMS F.U.; 08-03-2010 at 10:00 PM.
    REM(S) n.
    A stage in the normal sleep cycle during which nightmares occur and the body undergoes marked changes including rapid eye movement, loss of reflexes, and increased pulse rate and brain activity

thats not an M

looks like Aans.

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

make dem letters more legible.
    RIP
    RICHARD DUNN

কে ইতালিক জাতির লোকেরা ইতালীয় উপদ্বীপে ভাষাটি নিয়ে

অন্যান্য কিছু ভাষা মি

I Thought I Heard You I Sensed Your Heartbeat, I Was Wrong You Have No Heart.

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits