Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Local graffiti culture

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by - Alexancler -, Jun 6, 2008.

Share This Page

1. - Alexancler -

- Alexancler - Member

Yo all, what up?
    I was just chillin' around at the forum, starting to think about: How is the graffiti culture at your city? Cuz it seems that a lot of places, writers are antisocial and agressive to each other. An example is some guy that thinks it is a good idea to bring a crew, to have someone on your side if you meet other writers and get into a fight.

I find that odd, cuz where I live we do everything to meet each other, we give compliments to each and anothers work, we(WE, not the toys who are fucking clueless about the shitting graffscene) respect each other, if we meet we'll usually go bomb together(take it we meet at night), and stuff like that. It is like one big crew, total unity. Oh, ofcourse there is a little exepction here and there, but mostly the writers here in Denmark respect each other and stuff.

So, is it the same thing in your city/country? Or is my point true, the point that writers are usually antisocial and agressive?

2. Nine9

Nine9 Senior Member

As I'm pretty new to the game, I've only recently started realising there are crews and writers around here.

My city has one or two writers, but they're toys really, and lately a few crews of like school kids have been getting into graff and putting shit up everywhere.

Nothing really spectacualr tho.

The next city about 10 miles away is Cardiff, the capital of Wales where I live. They have some sick writers and on the train there I see throwies and crews getting up etc.. makes me wish I lived there.

But as far as I'm aware, there's no real beef. Saying that I hardly know any of these guys so I wouldn't know anyway.

Between the little fuckers tagging everywhere, they go over anyone and just write crap, but I don't consider them writers, just kids thinking they're cool who'll never get past the tagging stage.

3. TheDeadMethod

TheDeadMethod Member

there's a sizeable enough graff scene in DC, but i'm in vienna (end of the orange line) and there's not enough graff to even need to go over anybody. pretty much everyone i've ever met that wrote i've painted with. i'm really the only person i know that goes out bombing on the regular though, everyone else just had a marker phase in highschool. (if you're in NOVA and reading this, get at me and lets hit some bridges.) there's only one local writer up enough that i'd want to meet him, sect, and even he's only in a few spots. there are a lot of toy ass mexicans. it's the worst mix ever. gang graff meets shitty throwups. i found the most brutal bridge spot today, it's blank, 3 huge walls buffed for the second time, and some asshole had to write "fuck all haters" in goddamn yellow. seriously? that shit kills me.

4. nero112

nero112 Elite Member

graff is evrywehre if you just started your not gnna be meatin up with the good writers so u can ride em till they give you free paint so fukin close this shit

5. EgoZen

EgoZen Elite Member

I˙m the only one writting in the city that is really dedicated...
    There are here and ther some kids that just write
    their myspace name all over and go over everything they see...

It is sad...
    But in the whole country(it is a small country in Europe ;))
    it is pretty nice..:
    Writers like to meet and bomb together...
    And it is always great to meet new people that write.. also
    from the countries near to me...

6. dri

dri Senior Member

like any of other suburb of Ontario, you'll have about 15 toys per decent writer, its okay though because they all fall off anyways. But soon enough, a new batch of toys will come up.. and once again fall off.

7. nero112

nero112 Elite Member

im from new york like total writers heaven who wants to meet up so i can giv em a free handjob after we paint because thats what all writers do

8. WoeInfinite

WoeInfinite Elite Member

my town is that small town in the county that all the crews and people come into to bomb.
    i just get to see everyones work..
    the only writers ive met are the ones ive gotten into it, and actually one kid who came here from brooklyn. but it sucks here, no one to meet up with, no tracks to chill on, no legal walls to chill at, no graff shops to meet dudes....my graff scene BLOWSSS

9. RetroLikeWhoa13

RetroLikeWhoa13 Elite Member

mine is pretty chill.
    we have shows a couple times a month or so.
    all of the writers i have met have been more than welcoming.
    some though, are really fukked. i've had my life threatened.
    mostly though everyone is tightknit and would have your back through the thick and thin.
    and we have about 15 toys to every decent writer like someone said earlier, and yeah they do die out, which is nice.

10. seywhat

seywhat Elite Member

i live in a pretty small city in florida, i was actually cool with some of the good writers before i started paintin. they got me into it, for a while they wouldnt let me go to the yard and shit cuz i wasnt good, but after a little bit of time i could go paint there. im still not reppin a crew or anything cuz i dont think im good enough, i go paint with this one kid and thats basically it. his brother was one of the best writers around and he moved so, his crew pretty nuch stopped paintin except for like legal shit and body paintin, which aint really graff. so basically the scenes died out except for me, my boy, and the occasional toys the bomb like once and you never see them again.

11. MessTonic

MessTonic Senior Member

there is not much of a graff culture/scene where i live. it sucks.. i wish there was other writers to paint with around here.

12. C3ZR ONE

C3ZR ONE Moderator

I wouldn't "meat" up with another writer, cuzz that sounds like it involves rubbing penises together, but I "meet" up with writers to paint from time to time. We may be in it for different reasons tho, you offered handjobs in your next post, so....:confused:

13. nero112

nero112 Elite Member

theres a whole reason and joke behind the post stemming back from a recent movie i watched where graff writers'meat' up n rub penises together;)

14. C3ZR ONE

C3ZR ONE Moderator

Ahhhhh... You saw "the graffiti artist"...:D

15. nero112

nero112 Elite Member

nah im stayin away from it lol .. just thought id add some humor from what ive heard n i wish i could go paint but its been raining non stop for the last few days im like dude its fukin africa let me go paintwhere all i gotta worry about is crakheads who drink ethanol in public whilst dliuting it through a loaf of bread.. true story that .. my god im bored

16. nero112

nero112 Elite Member

thats why you know nothing about nothing

17. nero112

nero112 Elite Member

18. steyr

steyr Senior Member

the graff scene in Madison Wisconsin is currently going through the "dark ages" where no one really trusts anyone but them selves due to a high number of arrests in recent past. tis a shame..

19. FidelGastro

FidelGastro Senior Member

the scene here in montreal is big and can go either way. few big crews, lots of beef. but theres lots of chill folks too

20. BIGel

BIGel Elite Member

montreal is top three on my list of where id like to go paint. looks heated and intense, but fun up there.