Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Wiispray - Graffiti Controller for the Wii.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nine9, Jun 10, 2008.

Share This Page

1. Nine9

Nine9 Senior Member

Nintendo’s non-traditional interface for the Wii console lends itself to any number of odd controller hacks and designs, and the latest is this prototype Wiispray can. Part of Martin Lihs’ final thesis at Bauhaus-University in Weimar, Germany, the can-style casing contains a dismembered Wiimote coupled to a nozzle button. It can be used to manipulate an on-screen virtual spraycan, with different paints and color options that are controlled by realistic graffiti movements.

awww.slashgear.com_gallery_data_files_7_4_wiispray.jpg

Although still early in the development process, it suggests another type of game platform and a fresh twist on the tired “art” app. The success of custom controllers for specific titles suggests that gamers are interested in a more realistic interaction than permitted by a standard joypad. Lihs plans to integrate a communal wall for collaborative graffiti in the eventual software title, that would allow ‘players’ to work on the same art project.

Rather than a specially designed can, though, it would seem easier to make a Wiispray ‘caddy’ into which the Wiimote could slot. Some clever thinking could link the nozzle button to one of the Wiimote’s controls via mechanical rather than electrical means; price would also be reduced.

http://www.slashgear.com/wiispray-prototype-graffiti-controller-for-wii-0611925.php

2. Kayone707

Kayone707 Moderator

3. plumbererer

plumbererer Moderator

the only question would be is if the wiimote has pressure sensitive buttons to mimic flairs and shit like that. thatd be more realistic.

4. nero112

nero112 Elite Member

egh i dunno i can just see the wii characters in hoods n addidas n masks cos thats what all graffers wear... i think theyll fuck it up anyway

5. WoeInfinite

WoeInfinite Elite Member

it looks like a triangle and a square button on that..like for playstation.

6. ESKiMO2

ESKiMO2 Elite Member

Is anyone's TV big enough to do a piece on?

7. Jo32o3

Jo32o3 Member

pocket tv piece.:eek:
    I remeber a virtual graf game that came outt timee ago.
    Ill try and track it down

8. bountyhunter113

bountyhunter113 Elite Member

haha i think that would be funny..........take the characters from smash bros. brawl and make a graffiti game, lmfao

just imagine kirby walking up n down a train bombing the shit outta it

9. MoNkEy

MoNkEy Elite Member

i thought of this idea bout 2-3 years back......you would of had a projector though and then you would of had a can controller (would of worked like the guns you get) and you paint on the wall....but i mean if this is done properly and well it could turn out sick....but it wont....it will turn out that you just stencil cool banksy designs everywhere.....

10. m.ziggy

m.ziggy Senior Member

or like a mark ecko game.....

11. RMA

RMA Elite Member

okay usually I would think a graffiti video game is dumb as fuck, ruining graffiti, toys etc. But thinking about a serious virtual graffiti game, no running from cops or beating people up or shit but just like MS paint with a spray can, that would be fuckin fresh.

12. La Coka Nostra

La Coka Nostra Elite Member

dude, i actually liked Getting Up when it came out.
    given i was a HUGE toy back then...idk it was still kinda fun.
    the main idea was cool, and some of the shit you could do was cool.
    virtually hitting all the heaven spots, and taking flicks, and all the drips and shit...it was all pretty dope.
    they just butchered it with the storyline, and the fighting and shit.

this has the potential to be cool, but even if it was made, it would probably only come out as some bootleg software. i don't think nintendo would want to encourage graffiti by making a game. there is just so much stuff that you wouldn't be able to do. it would be more or less like Vandal Squad, except with a can for a controller...which is cool...i guess.

13. SAID

SAID Moderator

that would seem so fun ahahaha

14. NoCanControl

NoCanControl Elite Member

help out on not spending $ for paint, for flair practice!!!!

but i know its never gonna be that tight. NEGVER.

15. zeal22

zeal22 New Member

Ha! I have a projector so i can do a piece.....

16. JETPACK!!

JETPACK!! Banned

thats so fucking retardedly stupid.

kids who play this is gonna be like "oh, graffiti isn't hard to do. i play wiispray all the time."

17. ESKiMO2

ESKiMO2 Elite Member

I actually hadn't looked at it that way but you're kind of right. I think they should make it realistic so it makes drips if you spray in one place too long. Then you have to start over because you have fucking drips on your piece. That'll teach that kid.

18. Answer

Answer Guest

Have a canadian tire level where you have to rack in order to paint your shit.

19. La Coka Nostra

La Coka Nostra Elite Member

and then flick it and post it on bombing science.
    JUST LIKE REAL LIFE.
    omgz.

20. ca$hville

ca$hville Senior Member

i dont think this is real i think its a big PHONYYYYYY!!!