Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Toronto---Beats, Breaks, and Graffiti - Battle!!! $500 cash prize!

Discussion in 'Old battles' started by horus, Jun 11, 2008.

Share This Page

1. horus

horus Senior Member

Hey mods, if this is in the wrong section please move it for me..I honestly dont come on here much, but want to get this out, and this looks like a good place.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey all!
    I'm pretty excited to announce this Battle coming up at Harbourfront Centre next month. This is the first year for this event, and if it goes off well, I will definitely try to expand it in other cities, and by making the overall scale larger...As it is, I have been given a pretty limited amount of resources this year, so we will need artists to provide their own paint for the event, but that is so that we can offer the cash prize winner takes all situation...

I'm arranging to have some paint provided to the two teams who make it to the head to head round. So it's up to you if you're willing to risk some cans on the battle tip, you could walk away with enough scratch to buy paint for the rest of the summer.

For this event, there will be 4 teams of 2 writers painting on 4 canvases in the first round. at the end of the first round, the contestants will be cut down to 2 finalist teams.
    Then on the second day we will show the 4 first round canvases on stage during Pop, Lock and Load b-boy battle, while the two finalist teams paint off head to head side stage. At the end of pop lock and load we will announce the winning team, who will walk out with the cash prize. So find a painting partner, and hit me up with a couple sketches or photos of work...submissions end July 1st,

----Here is the official email sendout and info

Beats, Breaks, and Graffiti - Battle!!! $500 cash prize!

ai67.photobucket.com_albums_h299_horus_photos_BeatsBreaksAndGraffiti.jpg

BEATS, BREAKS & GRAFFITI

Date: July 5th-6th
    Times: Saturday 2:00pm-6:00pm
    Sunday 2:00pm-6:00pm

Join us at Harborfront center for a live graffiti battle featuring Toronto’s most talented
    graffiti artists competing against each other for a one-team-takes-all
    Cash prize of $500!!!

The competition will consists of four - two person teams painting a single canvas

The first round of competition will take place on Saturday on the lawns at harborfront center,
    followed immediately by judging and announcement of final round competitors

The final 2 teams will compete live at Pop, Lock and Load @ (Ann Tindal Lawns) on July 6th
    *note final round canvases, are double the size of first round.
    winning team will receive $500 cash prize

-All artwork will remain property of Harbourfront Centre, and may be shown at an upcoming Manifesto
    event later in the year

To submit for participation in the battle:
    Submit via email, or in person to Horus

1-3 sketches or photos of past, or planned work
    2 person teams -Writer names, and real names(strictly confidential via Horus)
    phone or email contact for team

Artists will be required to supply their own paint for this event. *but about 20 –30 cans
    will be made available to final round contestants

Submissions can be made to [email protected]
    Submissions deadline July1st 2008

2. horus

horus Senior Member

...Noone is interested in winning 500 cash?

3. Proper

Proper Elite Member

4. NiL

NiL Elite Member

5. bilal_tariq

bilal_tariq Elite Member

Holy fuck this is MANIFESTO!?!!?!

Yo HORUS - Do you know Che Kothari????

6. fghi113

fghi113 Guest

wow gold

Ugamegold - UK leader in the provision of WoW Gold. Buy World of Warcraft Gold, WoW Power Leveling and other MMOG Services at Ugamegold.