Home     Graffiti Shop     Forum
Earn / Redeem Credits
Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. #1

    Post Aerosol Writers - DO YOU KNOW ABOUT WRITING?

    KEEPN IT REAL

    Thiss should be read by everyone and even more for writers. The link i show under captures well the life of graffiti wat it is now, how it was, how its treated and its writers, so read it and remember it!

    Fallow the link and its for everyone to discuss.

    www.aerosolwriters.blogspot.com
    http://aerosolwriters.blogspot.com/

    INTRODUCTION

    Its all about when you stand in front of that naked wall, in the middle of the night, holding your spray can. You then forget all your worries and troubles, you only concentrate on the emptiness ahead and how you are about to fill it and give it life with your mark. While swerving that can, you suddenly have a burst of thoughts; how many people are going to see it, hate on it, criticize it and appreciate it and why they would do so. Sometimes you dont even think about anything, your mind is completely blank and you feel on top of the world because you found what truly makes you happy and who you are.
    These days the mass appeal is given a lot of miss information about graffiti in general and people are too lazy to find out for themselves. This leads to people coming up with there own conclusions, mostly ignorant ones which spread around and give graffiti a bad name. There is a lot more to graffiti then what people think or have heard, like its history, how it started and also what can aerosol art can do for someone and the world. These are the main aspects I will explore, as best as possible, since it is very hard, due to the fact that no one is able to really define what aerosol art truly is and all the secrets that are associated with it. I hope that I will be able to reach out to as many people as possible with my findings.
    I do not ask everyone to agree with my thoughts but to please keep an open mind about the subject at hand to then create your own personal opinion.

  2. #2

    Default

    I liked that blog.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,273
    Credits
    0
    Earn / Redeem Credits

    Default

    Looking good.

  4. #4

    Default

    i dont like this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Crying_Indian View Post
    Just you and me bitch. Just you and me.
    Heart of a Gangsta, Mind of a Hustla, Tongue of a Pimp

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    GLASVEGAS, SCOTLAND YA BAM
    Posts
    1,337
    Credits
    52
    Earn / Redeem Credits

    Thumbs up

    Yeah cos real writers keep it real by blogging!


    Quote Originally Posted by vegimite on toast View Post

    $RUNCI$CHENZO$MONKEY$TOXUS$SIKA$MEEKUSSS

    i like them all, theyre the cunts i think of when i see the UK thread

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Unitizzle Kingdizzle
    Posts
    1,448
    Credits
    0
    Earn / Redeem Credits

    Default

    Lol CHENZO ! AHAH...

    " These days the mass appeal is given a lot of miss information about graffiti in general and people are too lazy to find out for themselves. "

    But i TOTALLY agree with this...thanks man !

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    563
    Credits
    0
    Earn / Redeem Credits

    Default

    "These are the main aspects I will explore, as best as possible, since it is very hard, due to the fact that no one is able to really define what aerosol art truly is and all the secrets that are associated with it."

    maybe im the only one who feels this way, but i liked all the secrets associated with it, were really cool when you found out, and shouldnt be told to the whole world on a blog....boo @ toys who think because they are apart of something they must tell everyone, everything about their cool new secret subculture

    and why am i not suprised that down a few scrolls, is a fuckin cope2 tag? the mark of the sellout
    Last edited by hammer_time; 07-17-2008 at 10:42 AM.

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Athens, GA
    Posts
    33
    Credits
    0
    Earn / Redeem Credits

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by C H E N Z O View Post
    Yeah cos real writers keep it real by blogging!
    So what? Real writers don't blog, but they post on fucking message boards? There's a fucking blog on the front page of BS!

    I think it's better for someone to spend their time writing something meaningful about graff than to spend their days talking shit on BS.

    Anyways.... I don't think that blog necessarily says anything new or inisghtful, but I guess you gotta write about what you love, even if its been said before.

    I run a blog, but it's more pictures of street art around my city, not much writing. Feel free to submit shit to it if you write in Georgia at all.

    http://www.therobotbox.com

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    GLASVEGAS, SCOTLAND YA BAM
    Posts
    1,337
    Credits
    52
    Earn / Redeem Credits

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by edapt_gc View Post
    So what? Real writers don't blog, but they post on fucking message boards? There's a fucking blog on the front page of BS!

    I think it's better for someone to spend their time writing something meaningful about graff than to spend their days talking shit on BS.
    naw mate.

    disagree.

    ive never visited any other page on BS except from the forum so a woodnt know. its not really a message board tho is it ? a hink the word forum better describes it. place wher writers can "meet" to discuss many things graff related or otherwise. community feel.

    wherease blogging about ur graffiti exploits is a fuckin poor effort. its like WOWOWOW look at me fellow blogger dudes im like a total aerosol artiste and this is what its all about. please dig this article k thnx!

    no.

    ya cunt. its about what u make it. people shouldnt waste their time readin or writin this shite. they should go out n experience it first hand. if not. they can fuck right off.


    Quote Originally Posted by vegimite on toast View Post

    $RUNCI$CHENZO$MONKEY$TOXUS$SIKA$MEEKUSSS

    i like them all, theyre the cunts i think of when i see the UK thread

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    The M25
    Posts
    600
    Credits
    34
    Earn / Redeem Credits

    Default

    chezo got it right, its writing on stuff, no one cares how you feel when your doing it, no one wants to know.

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    grimeville.
    Posts
    699
    Credits
    0
    Earn / Redeem Credits

    Default

    good read, but kinda corny.
    Quote Originally Posted by mtown View Post
    i smoke normally marlboro you know but it pisses me of if the shit comes in my mouth
    laturr



    Quote Originally Posted by Subconcious View Post
    No jokes/true story: I had a friend who called one of those helplines and they told her straight up to do it. I swear to god, they were like "Do it. No one will miss you." I dunno if they were tryin some reverse-psychology or some shit, but it was fucked up. (She's fine, btw)

  12. #12

    Default

    "I read multiple articles that stated that graffiti can generate fear, crime and intimidate neighborhoods and I fail to see how that is so. Personally, I do not find it more terrifying to walk in a alley covered with graffiti then one without or how a tag on a wall can cause a higher crime rate."

    If you want to get your point across and have it hold some weight, avoid inserting your personal opinions as supporting evidence. No one cares if you feel comfortable walking down an alley filled with tags, if your a bigass thug who did half the tags, your gonna feel safer than lil granny walkin' down that alley.

    How about:

    "A common attack on graffiti is that it generates more crime. The basis for this, is that if someone is able to cover a wall so blatanly in paint during the middle of the night, what else could they get away with? It makes people feel unsafe, unsafe because some kid is ballsy enough to go out at night with a portable can of paint and quickly paint his art before anyone tells him not to. This is where the 'broken window' theory comes into play, once 1 person does it and gets away with it, its only going to encourage more people, right? If someone applies paint to a building without permission, how long is it before someone realizes they can do the same, or maybe pull of another crime. Well yeah, when you turn a young teenager into a criminal because he wants to paint walls then its only going to encourage him to break more laws because, why not? Hes a criminal isn't he? Its this negative attitude given by society that blurs the line between what real crime is and isn't, but more importantly, what crime should be. Should painting be a crime? And to what extent? (quote)When you create crimes out of things that are not real crimes, you still create real criminals(/quote) So its at this point I ask you, whos the real criminal? The kid who just wanted to get outside and tell people his name, leave a mark, and most likely inspire someone POSITIVELY, or the police who catches the kid and quite literally smashes his teeth in (it happens) over something that can be replaced. People say graffiti "destroys" or "damages" but the truth is, if anything the opposite is quite true. They aren't destroying, they are CREATING, creating something out of nothing, giving life to inanimate objects. How many kids you think honestly go out in the streets at night, armed with an arsenal of colorful spray paint, markers, and different sized caps, with the thought in mind "I'm going to damage as much as possible tonight because I have absolutely no other desire in life." There is not a single human being who could honestly say this, if there were a kid to think this way its most likely because they are angry at their cold, cruel, environment, and DO want to destroy and damage it. Why? Because white walls are ugly, oppressive, and a waste of space. With so much available public space, and such little personal self-expression occupying that space, it makes one wonder- if its not technically 'damage' then do they just have a problem with self-expression? Just because a police officer doesn't want to see someones morbid art, doesn't mean there is not a large niche in that area that would love to walk by a gigantic character painted with a gun in his hand depicting some sort of social message, some people-believe it or not, DO in fact like to think."


    Haha- I'm a dick...I just did that because I thought "hey I can write better interesting stuff than this guy!" and I totally got carried away.

    Not to hate though, its a neat idea. I just think it needs more work...especially if your going to try to reach the audience you are going for. Its gotta be a little more in depth than things like "well I feel safe with writing on the wall and technically its just someones name on a wall that doesn't encourage bank robberies!"


    oh, and by the way, I was gonna add this but couldn't find a spot- but it really isn't damage because damage hinders something, because a dollar value is placed upon what is visually depicted on a fucking wall, its considered damage to put up a graphic that is not acceptable. I guess when you put dot3 in your inks though it does corrode shit, but you know that shit isn't fucking infallible, government pricks are always plowing down buildings so who the fuck cares if someone writers their name on it while that shit is up?
    Last edited by Hobbes; 07-19-2008 at 10:06 PM.
    "If you're gonna shut up, graffiti and write!"

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    buckingham palace
    Posts
    696
    Credits
    0
    Earn / Redeem Credits

    Default

    [IMG][/IMG]
    nuff said
    The music is what its all about.
    I love it just like you love it, thats why your here, im here coz i love to play, you dont come i cant play and i love to play.

  14. #14
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1
    Credits
    0
    Earn / Redeem Credits

    Exclamation great post.

    great post. Thank you. here is some of my thought. n150

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    D-town,
    Posts
    1,473
    Credits
    788
    Earn / Redeem Credits

    Default

    wheres the ban hammer when you need it^
    SomeBodyKnows




    <ZZZZZZ#~~~

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,492
    Credits
    0
    Earn / Redeem Credits

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 00-made-00 View Post
    chezo got it right, its writing on stuff, no one cares how you feel when your doing it, no one wants to know.

    word.

    unless your ESPO, who has enough in the game to even write "rules" on graffiti and for them to be basically accepted-worldwide, then you cant try and explain what it is.


    im a writer myself, i believe in writing your feelings about things and such. just make sure you know its YOUR feelings, if you want to write about your experiences in graff and whatever, then fair enough.

    but dont go on like you speak on behalf of the entire graffiti "community". or try and write reams about things you didnt actually witness.

    some good points though.

    dont think it needed a thread ha.
    FREE DPM.

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,162
    Credits
    0
    Earn / Redeem Credits

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by unreal180 View Post
    [IMG][/IMG]
    nuff said

    bump

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    bucktown, wisconsin
    Posts
    96
    Credits
    0
    Earn / Redeem Credits

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by batteryblog8 View Post
    great post. Thank you. here is some of my thought. n150
    who the fuck wants to buy a 65$ battery?
    d-e-ely


    Quote Originally Posted by JETPACK!! View Post
    then i grabbed my gat an started blastin at the other cop and 9 dogs they had in the back of the cruiser. i missed the cop with my entire clip cuz im a true G, and only tru G's fire entire clips and miss their targets.

  19. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Botswana
    Posts
    1,388
    Credits
    0
    Earn / Redeem Credits

    Default

    yea blah blah blah whatever
    hahaha


 

Similar Threads

  1. Caps From House Hold Aerosol
    By imported_syn_01 in forum Tools and tips
    Replies: 226
    Last Post: 06-24-2014, 07:58 AM
  2. Writing And Your Health
    By DC Diesel in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 100
    Last Post: 04-28-2011, 09:13 PM
  3. Aerosol Freeze Burn
    By -AXM- in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 04-04-2009, 11:41 PM
  4. The Writing Thread.
    By joust in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 75
    Last Post: 07-15-2008, 02:38 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Back Top