Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Aerosol Writers - DO YOU KNOW ABOUT WRITING?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sensi, Jul 16, 2008.

Share This Page

1. Sensi

Sensi New Member

KEEPN IT REAL

Thiss should be read by everyone and even more for writers. The link i show under captures well the life of graffiti wat it is now, how it was, how its treated and its writers, so read it and remember it!

Fallow the link and its for everyone to discuss.

www.aerosolwriters.blogspot.com
    http://aerosolwriters.blogspot.com/

INTRODUCTION

It’s all about when you stand in front of that naked wall, in the middle of the night, holding your spray can. You then forget all your worries and troubles, you only concentrate on the emptiness ahead and how you are about to fill it and give it life with your mark. While swerving that can, you suddenly have a burst of thoughts; how many people are going to see it, hate on it, criticize it and appreciate it and why they would do so. Sometimes you don’t even think about anything, your mind is completely blank and you feel on top of the world because you found what truly makes you happy and who you are.
    These days the mass appeal is given a lot of miss information about graffiti in general and people are too lazy to find out for themselves. This leads to people coming up with there own conclusions, mostly ignorant ones which spread around and give graffiti a bad name. There is a lot more to graffiti then what people think or have heard, like its history, how it started and also what can aerosol art can do for someone and the world. These are the main aspects I will explore, as best as possible, since it is very hard, due to the fact that no one is able to really define what aerosol art truly is and all the secrets that are associated with it. I hope that I will be able to reach out to as many people as possible with my findings.
    I do not ask everyone to agree with my thoughts but to please keep an open mind about the subject at hand to then create your own personal opinion.

2. Spraycan Stories

Spraycan Stories Senior Member

3. acereborn

acereborn Elite Member

4. LostYouth

LostYouth Elite Member

i dont like this thread.

5. C H E N Z O

C H E N Z O Elite Member

Yeah cos real writers keep it real by blogging!

6. Mass Appeal

Mass Appeal Banned

Lol CHENZO ! AHAH...

" These days the mass appeal is given a lot of miss information about graffiti in general and people are too lazy to find out for themselves. "

But i TOTALLY agree with this...thanks man !

7. hammer_time

hammer_time Banned

"These are the main aspects I will explore, as best as possible, since it is very hard, due to the fact that no one is able to really define what aerosol art truly is and all the secrets that are associated with it."

maybe im the only one who feels this way, but i liked all the secrets associated with it, were really cool when you found out, and shouldnt be told to the whole world on a blog....boo @ toys who think because they are apart of something they must tell everyone, everything about their cool new secret subculture

and why am i not suprised that down a few scrolls, is a fuckin cope2 tag? the mark of the sellout

Last edited: Jul 17, 2008
  8. edapt_gc

edapt_gc Member

So what? Real writers don't blog, but they post on fucking message boards? There's a fucking blog on the front page of BS!

I think it's better for someone to spend their time writing something meaningful about graff than to spend their days talking shit on BS.

Anyways.... I don't think that blog necessarily says anything new or inisghtful, but I guess you gotta write about what you love, even if its been said before.

I run a blog, but it's more pictures of street art around my city, not much writing. Feel free to submit shit to it if you write in Georgia at all.

http://www.therobotbox.com

9. C H E N Z O

C H E N Z O Elite Member

naw mate.

disagree.

ive never visited any other page on BS except from the forum so a woodnt know. its not really a message board tho is it ? a hink the word forum better describes it. place wher writers can "meet" to discuss many things graff related or otherwise. community feel.

wherease blogging about ur graffiti exploits is a fuckin poor effort. its like WOWOWOW look at me fellow blogger dudes im like a total aerosol artiste and this is what its all about. please dig this article k thnx!

no.

ya cunt. its about what u make it. people shouldnt waste their time readin or writin this shite. they should go out n experience it first hand. if not. they can fuck right off.

10. 00-made-00

00-made-00 Elite Member

chezo got it right, its writing on stuff, no one cares how you feel when your doing it, no one wants to know.

11. simple zen

simple zen Elite Member

good read, but kinda corny.

12. Hobbes

Hobbes Senior Member

"I read multiple articles that stated that graffiti can generate fear, crime and intimidate neighborhoods and I fail to see how that is so. Personally, I do not find it more terrifying to walk in a alley covered with graffiti then one without or how a tag on a wall can cause a higher crime rate."

If you want to get your point across and have it hold some weight, avoid inserting your personal opinions as supporting evidence. No one cares if you feel comfortable walking down an alley filled with tags, if your a bigass thug who did half the tags, your gonna feel safer than lil granny walkin' down that alley.

How about:

"A common attack on graffiti is that it generates more crime. The basis for this, is that if someone is able to cover a wall so blatanly in paint during the middle of the night, what else could they get away with? It makes people feel unsafe, unsafe because some kid is ballsy enough to go out at night with a portable can of paint and quickly paint his art before anyone tells him not to. This is where the 'broken window' theory comes into play, once 1 person does it and gets away with it, its only going to encourage more people, right? If someone applies paint to a building without permission, how long is it before someone realizes they can do the same, or maybe pull of another crime. Well yeah, when you turn a young teenager into a criminal because he wants to paint walls then its only going to encourage him to break more laws because, why not? Hes a criminal isn't he? Its this negative attitude given by society that blurs the line between what real crime is and isn't, but more importantly, what crime should be. Should painting be a crime? And to what extent? (quote)When you create crimes out of things that are not real crimes, you still create real criminals(/quote) So its at this point I ask you, whos the real criminal? The kid who just wanted to get outside and tell people his name, leave a mark, and most likely inspire someone POSITIVELY, or the police who catches the kid and quite literally smashes his teeth in (it happens) over something that can be replaced. People say graffiti "destroys" or "damages" but the truth is, if anything the opposite is quite true. They aren't destroying, they are CREATING, creating something out of nothing, giving life to inanimate objects. How many kids you think honestly go out in the streets at night, armed with an arsenal of colorful spray paint, markers, and different sized caps, with the thought in mind "I'm going to damage as much as possible tonight because I have absolutely no other desire in life." There is not a single human being who could honestly say this, if there were a kid to think this way its most likely because they are angry at their cold, cruel, environment, and DO want to destroy and damage it. Why? Because white walls are ugly, oppressive, and a waste of space. With so much available public space, and such little personal self-expression occupying that space, it makes one wonder- if its not technically 'damage' then do they just have a problem with self-expression? Just because a police officer doesn't want to see someones morbid art, doesn't mean there is not a large niche in that area that would love to walk by a gigantic character painted with a gun in his hand depicting some sort of social message, some people-believe it or not, DO in fact like to think."

Haha- I'm a dick...I just did that because I thought "hey I can write better interesting stuff than this guy!" and I totally got carried away.

Not to hate though, its a neat idea. I just think it needs more work...especially if your going to try to reach the audience you are going for. Its gotta be a little more in depth than things like "well I feel safe with writing on the wall and technically its just someones name on a wall that doesn't encourage bank robberies!"

oh, and by the way, I was gonna add this but couldn't find a spot- but it really isn't damage because damage hinders something, because a dollar value is placed upon what is visually depicted on a fucking wall, its considered damage to put up a graphic that is not acceptable. I guess when you put dot3 in your inks though it does corrode shit, but you know that shit isn't fucking infallible, government pricks are always plowing down buildings so who the fuck cares if someone writers their name on it while that shit is up?

Last edited: Jul 19, 2008
  13. unreal180

unreal180 Elite Member

14. batteryblog8

batteryblog8 Guest

great post.

great post. Thank you. here is some of my thought. n150

15. HëRbN

HëRbN Elite Member

wheres the ban hammer when you need it^

16. Klaz

Klaz Elite Member

word.

unless your ESPO, who has enough in the game to even write "rules" on graffiti and for them to be basically accepted-worldwide, then you cant try and explain what it is.

im a writer myself, i believe in writing your feelings about things and such. just make sure you know its YOUR feelings, if you want to write about your experiences in graff and whatever, then fair enough.

but dont go on like you speak on behalf of the entire graffiti "community". or try and write reams about things you didnt actually witness.

some good points though.

dont think it needed a thread ha.

17. SBOMBS

SBOMBS Elite Member

bump

18. liquid swords

liquid swords Senior Member

who the fuck wants to buy a 65$ battery?

19. -Last-

-Last- Elite Member

yea blah blah blah whatever