Home     Graffiti Shop     Forum
Earn / Redeem Credits
Page 1 of 122 123456112151101 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Banned
    Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Default The Skateboarding Thread

I searched far and wide for a skateboarding thread with no results. So here it is. Anything related to skateboarding in any way goes here.

i quit skating 2 years ago, and i bet i could still beat you in a game of SKATE... kid, this is a graffiti forum, not a 'lets hop on our boards and talk about our sick tricks down 2 stairs' forum.

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Quote Originally Posted by Car2nist View Post
    i quit skating 2 years ago, and i bet i could still beat you in a game of SKATE... kid, this is a graffiti forum, not a 'lets hop on our boards and talk about our sick tricks down 2 stairs' forum.

haha, i definitely agree.
    but then again, this is "general discussion"
    but i also agree with the uniBomber, haha. im a rollerblader(yeah, laugh if you want.), but i bet i can do more, bigger, higher, longer shit than
    any skateboarder on this forum can. and of course i think rollerblading is better, haha. i remember seeing somewhere in another thread that skateboarders follow the whole "emo" scene and rollers follow the hiphop scene, i guess thats true. but ive been rolling for 6 years, and ive skated with rollers from all walks of life. Jeff Stockwell has the "emo" style, so does Colin Kelso, Ramelle Knight, and Mike "Murda" Johnson. go on youtube and look up those names. but i also think that rollerblading is doing ALOT bigger things than skateboarding. example; Ramelle Knight signed a deal with Dipset, and they know have a skate team called DipSkate. Ramelle Knight, Calvin Sayles, Julian Bah, & a few others. but whatever, enough of my babbling. haha.
    Last edited by geneparmesan; 02-29-2008 at 03:53 PM.
    Photographers, writers, poets, musicians, anyone with a voice and a message should get involved somehow.
    What I'm saying is... Stand up Delaware. Raise your hand. Be proud of where you are from. Read between the lines. Keep searching. Never stop pushing. Never stand still. Make moves. Know when to whisper and know when to yell. Stop hating. Be real. This isn't a movement. This is YOUR movement.

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Quote Originally Posted by geneparmesan View Post
    haha, i definitely agree.
    but then again, this is "general discussion"
    but i also agree with the uniBomber, haha. im a rollerblader(yeah, laugh if you want.), but i bet i can do more, bigger, higher, longer shit than
    any skateboarder on this forum can. and of course i think rollerblading is better, haha. i remember seeing somewhere in another thread that skateboarders follow the whole "emo" scene and rollers follow the hiphop scene, i guess thats true. but ive been rolling for 6 years, and ive skated with rollers from all walks of life. Jeff Stockwell has the "emo" style, so does Colin Kelso, Ramelle Knight, and Mike "Murda" Johnson. go on youtube and look up those names. but i also think that rollerblading is doing ALOT bigger things than skateboarding. example; Ramelle Knight signed a deal with Dipset, and they know have a skate team called DipSkate. Ramelle Knight, Calvin Sayles, Julian Bah, & a few others. but whatever, enough of my babbling. haha.
    i'm on your side but geez bud get the picture straight. ramelle night and murda having an 'emo' style? well i dont know who calls it emo anymore but either way these rollers in no way symbolize what you are talking about. and throwing out 'dipskate' as a big thing rollerbladers are doing? even being an ex-rollerblader, i can name a thousand things 'bigger' in the skateboarding industry than that, hahah. dipset stinks anyways.
    and i will always be more of a roller than a skateboarder, but it is definitely apparent that the quality of skateboarding videos is always on the cutting edge compared to rolling. there are obviously some awesome rolling videos being made right now but alot of them seem to lack the heart and 'soul' some classic great skateboarding movies capture so greatly..

if youre going to defend rollerblading, dont just spit out wacky info..
    Last edited by dcite; 02-29-2008 at 08:25 PM.
    SUP

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Quote Originally Posted by dcite View Post
    i'm on your side but geez bud get the picture straight. ramelle night and murda having an 'emo' style? well i dont know who calls it emo anymore but either way these rollers in no way symbolize what you are talking about. and throwing out 'dipskate' as a big thing rollerbladers are doing? even being an ex-rollerblader, i can name a thousand things 'bigger' in the skateboarding industry than that, hahah. dipset stinks anyways.
    and i will always be more of a roller than a skateboarder, but it is definitely apparent that the quality of skateboarding videos is always on the cutting edge compared to rolling. there are obviously some awesome rolling videos being made right now but alot of them seem to lack the heart and 'soul' some classic great skateboarding movies capture so greatly..

if youre going to defend rollerblading, dont just spit out wacky info..

they do have somewhat of an emo style, emo style being tight pants, tight shirts, but they also mesh it with hiphop, wearing the big chains, earrings, etc etc. and dipskate is a big thing. because dipset is one of the biggest rap movements ever. and i definitely agree with skating videos being more cutting edge than that of rolling videos, because in my opinion, i think skateboarding has more accessibilities, moreorless, is more mainstream than rolling, so they have more at their fingertips. and yeah youre right,there are some definitely bangin rollin vids being made right now, but again, youre right, they do seem to lack some of the heart and soul that the classic boarding videos have. but then again, there are those dope ass videos that denial drops, and b unique. but rolling has come a looooooooong way. and the dipskate thing is the only thing i could think of off the top of my head, haha. but if you think about it, in reality, both sports have the same shit going for them. skateboarding, you have a piece of wood with wheels. rolling, the wheels are attatched to your feet. either way, i got respect for skateboarders and bmx. just dont get in my damn way at the park, haha.
    Photographers, writers, poets, musicians, anyone with a voice and a message should get involved somehow.
    What I'm saying is... Stand up Delaware. Raise your hand. Be proud of where you are from. Read between the lines. Keep searching. Never stop pushing. Never stand still. Make moves. Know when to whisper and know when to yell. Stop hating. Be real. This isn't a movement. This is YOUR movement.

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

unless im missing something murda and ramelle were always representing the G style in rolling. hm maybe they switched over, haha. either way, whatever, i'm on your side, i'll always be a rollerblader.
    SUP

Banned
    Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Funny you should say that... kid. Weren't you the one who made a thread about how ''you needed to go away'' and ''my life sucks''? this isn't a ''Cry on my shoulder'' forum either. Open your mind and close your mouth.

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Quote Originally Posted by ASEN View Post
    Funny you should say that... kid. Weren't you the one who made a thread about how ''you needed to go away'' and ''my life sucks''? this isn't a ''Cry on my shoulder'' forum either. Open your mind and close your mouth.
    owned!!!!!
    THIS IS MY AWESOME SIGNATURE!!!
    WRITERS FROM THE 504 AND THE 817 HIT ME UP!
    they say graffiti is bad, tell that to the guy who feeds his family off cleaning our art.. no us, no job... we are the balance of society
    -Desipher

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

I still can't understand why if someone notice's a thread doesn't exist, they have to start one? Like I'm not trying to be a dink here, but there's no thread about donkeys, so why hasn't anyone started one about them?

I havent skated in about a month, I got banned from all city parks in Las Cruces.

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

yea well im the best skater dude in my town....no 1 can beat my score in tony hawk underground!! WHAT NOW BITCHZ???
    </div><table border=\'0\' align=\'center\' width=\'95%\' cellpadding=\'3\' cellspacing=\'1\'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id=\'QUOTE\'>
    sayin its cause your in a wheel chair or some shit. well fucking draw. enter the special olympics, get a hooker or something.
    get off my dick son
    </td></tr></table><div class=\'signature\'>

Banned
    Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Originally posted by the_uniBOMBER@Apr 17 2005, 03:30 PM
    I still can&#39;t understand why if someone notice&#39;s a thread doesn&#39;t exist, they have to start one? Like I&#39;m not trying to be a dink here, but there&#39;s no thread about donkeys, so why hasn&#39;t anyone started one about them?
    Listen, if there&#39;s no interest towards this thread, then it&#39;ll be closed. If not, it won&#39;t. I think that pretty much sums it up.

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

That&#39;s not really what I asked, but OK.

Banned
    Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

What did you ask? Why do people make threads when they notice that one doesn&#39;t exist?

Because they want to. General dicussion, open forum, those terms don&#39;t mean shit here if you go after dude&#39;s balls when he makes a thread. You&#39;re a mod, display some authority by closing this thread if no one cares.

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Ummm I can&#39;t close this thread. I&#39;m only a Mod in the Tools and Tips section.

And yes, that&#39;s what I asked. I guess that makes sense.

I fruitboot

I took up skating again recently. I haven&#39;t skated since I was a kid. I found someone to go skate with though, and he knows some stuff, so it&#39;s inspired me to try and get better. I think the threads a good idea. I know there&#39;s quite a few skaters on here and I was starting to wonder why no one had started a thread. I&#39;ve seen way gayer threads started than this one.

Fastplants rock the shit&#33;

Skating is my life, as much as graff is.
    Stoopkid touched me in my naughty parts.

i wish i could skate, i fucked up my knee snowboarding in utah over spring break. i was never all that good at skating, ive always been better snowboarding.

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

I used to skate then it got old, still have my board but it has leather street wheels on it for cruising. Now i just stick to snowboarding and graf.