Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

artist /s wanted for large legal piece in newbury (berkshire)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by vapour, Sep 17, 2008.

Share This Page

1. vapour

vapour New Member

ez

i work for a nightclub in newbury which is situated just off junction 13 on the m4 (uk)

we are looking for a artist (or artists) to paint a large piece around one of the rooms at our venue

the piece would need to be made up of large characters with no actuall wording allthough some wild style type shapes and styles would be ok inbetween characters depending on the style

this piece would be from the ground upward but only up to about 2 3rds of the height of the wall (wall is roughly 2 metres tall)

the wall will be primed with a background colour which is likely to be a light kahki brown to match the camo netting we will be hanging from the roof)

this needs to be a continuous piece rather than several smaller pieces which is why we are primaraly looking for one artist to do the whole design

the dimensions of the room are as follows

wall 1 = 19ft
    wall 2 = 12ft
    wall 3 = 43.5ft
    wall 4 = 8 ft
    wall 5 = 19ft

total length = 101.5ft

i can provide photos of the room if need be with actuall pics of each wall indiviually

now we know this is a big job but unfortunatly our budget is very tight (i have had to pull some major strings to get this project off the ground with the manager allready)

i know its a big ask but we are looking for someone who would be willing to do the job for expenses we would be able to supply the following

all the paint (to your spec)
    all travel expenses
    as much booze as you can drink for the whole time your here :)
    a nice framed notice on the wall saying who the artist is (if you want it)
    lifetime vip pass to the club
    you can keep any left over paint when your finished

as i said i know its a big ask but i was hoping that there might be someone out there who would like to come and paint for a few days without having to worry about getting hassled by old bill

we have a 3 day window for the project which would be the 7th , 8th and 9th of nov 08 you are more than welcome to come down before hand to see the venue and get a idea of what it looks like (we will cover expenses for this)

if this sounds like something that might interest you please can you email me some pics of your previous pieces and any ideas you may have for the actuall piece to [email protected]

thanks for taking the time to read all that any questions please reply here and ill check back to answer them

cheers

mike