Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Meat Lover's Paradise (No-Homo)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cds_dogg665544, Sep 18, 2008.

Share This Page

1. cds_dogg665544

cds_dogg665544 Senior Member

PETA. People for the ethical treatment of animals:

About 2 months ago I was camping and out of no where i decided to become vegiterian. The next day i went home and googled some information on being vegiterianism, and found out the truth about the slaughter houses from a popular Documentary Called "Meet Your Meat" and Decided to become a vegan instead due to the cruelty of dairy farms.

On today's factory farms, animals are crammed by the thousands into filthy windowless sheds, wire cages, gestation crates, and other confinement systems. These animals will never raise their families, root in the soil, build nests, or do anything that is natural to them. They won't even feel the sun on their backs or breathe fresh air until the day they are loaded onto trucks bound for slaughter.

Animals on today's factory farms have no legal protection from cruelty that would be illegal if it were inflicted on dogs or cats: neglect, mutilation, genetic manipulation, and drug regimens that cause chronic pain and crippling, transport through all weather extremes, and gruesome and violent slaughter. Yet farmed animals are no less intelligent or capable of feeling pain than are the dogs and cats we cherish as companions.

The factory farming system of modern agriculture strives to maximize output while minimizing costs. Cows, calves, pigs, chickens, turkeys, ducks, geese, and other animals are kept in small cages, in jam-packed sheds, or on filthy feedlots, often with so little space that they can't even turn around or lie down comfortably. They are deprived of exercise so that all their bodies' energy goes toward producing flesh, eggs, or milk for human consumption. The giant corporations that run most factory farms have found that they can make more money by cramming animals into tiny spaces, even though many of the animals get sick and some die. Industry journal National Hog Farmer explains, "Crowding Pigs Pays," and egg-industry expert Bernard Rollins writes that "chickens are cheap; cages are expensive."

They are fed drugs to fatten them faster and to keep them alive in conditions that would otherwise kill them, and they are genetically altered to grow faster or to produce much more milk or eggs than they would naturally. Many animals become crippled under their own weight and die within inches of water and food.

While the suffering of all animals on factory farms is similar, each type of farmed animal faces different types of cruelty.

"You can get more information on Peta.org and Order a free Vegiterian starter kit"

----------------------------------------------------

Vegan Recipes:

Apple & Apricot Crumble

Ingredients
    3 apples, sliced thinly
    2 oz dried apricots, cut into quarters
    1 tbsp sugar
    4 tbsp water

For the topping

3 oz vegan margarine
    6 oz flour
    3 oz sugar

Put the apples and apricots into an ovenproof dish. Sprinkle with the sugar and water.

Make the crumble by rubbing the margarine into the flour and then mixing in the sugar.

Pile the crumble on top of the apple and apricot mixture.

Bake in a moderately hot oven for 45 minutes to an hour.

Serve hot with vegan ice-cream.

Baked Bananas with Cinnamon
    Ingredients

2 bananas
    1 tbsp brown sugar
    ½ tbsp vegan margarine
    1 tsp cinnamon
    vegan ice-cream to serve

Notes

Serve hot with vegan ice-cream.

Method:

Cut the bananas in half lengthways. Place in an ovenproof dish, sprinkle with the sugar and add the vegan margarine.

Bake in a hot oven for 15 to 20 minutes, until bubbling and starting to brown.

About half way through cooking sprinkle with the cinnamon.

Straw Berry Mango Crisp

For the fruit mixture:

1 qt. quartered strawberries

2 cups diced mango

1/4 cup sugar

For the Toppings:

1/4 cup (1 stick) dairy free margerine

Method:

Preaheat oven to 400 F

Mix the ingredients for the fruit mixture together in a large bowl. Spread evenly into a 2-quart casserole dish.

Ham Sandwich

2 slices of Dairy free bread

2 slices of veggie ham

Some lettuce and Pickles and Cucumbers.

---------------------------------------------------------

Your welcome to post some recipes if you like im going to post more later.

NOTE. There are plenty of dairy free Icecreams out there you can get dairy free ice cream at Thrifty Foods and lots of other stores.

And you can get dairy free Chocolate at your local chocolate factory or down at the store you just gotta ask or look at the ingredients.

BTW oreos are vegan in most cities some places there made with dairy in them

Last edited: Sep 18, 2008
  2. RFI. SPit

RFI. SPit Moderator

I don't have much respect for PETA, but I don't have a problem with vegetarians. I was one for about 5 years in fact, but I definitely will never go back to that. I think being vegan is a pretty extreme idea and I wouldn't recommend it to anybody unless they had to for some medical reason...

3. .A.K.4.7.

.A.K.4.7. Elite Member

fuck animals i eat em

4. Proper

Proper Elite Member

5. Slushi

Slushi Banned

Post animal gore!

6. anti-anti-crime

anti-anti-crime Elite Member

i dont know if you know this, but eating meat is natural. i agree, yes, the way that cows, sheep, pigs and chickens are treated now is terrable, but alot of people are fighting to change that. meat is an important part of a healthy diet, without it you would lack in protien that is key to building your body.

there is something called the food chain, which shows every animals ranking in which it is eaten. it does not show beef/fake beef > human, it shows beef. i understand your concern with the treatment of animals, and im against that as well. but waht should we do? let them run free and everybody not eat meat? wouldnt that cause an increasing amount in stunted growth over the years?

7. Batman_Onest

Batman_Onest Banned

Fuck meat, I eat souls.

I eat vegans too. OM NOM NOM

8. Slushi

Slushi Banned

I watched "meet your meat" and it made me hungry as shit

9. Proper

Proper Elite Member

10. RFI. SPit

RFI. SPit Moderator

Well there's bombing science for you.

11. Scratch

Scratch Senior Member

People, have some respect.

Personally I'm not a vegetarian by any means, but I definitely respect it.

couple of kids i know are veg and its chill. i do think peta's bullshit though, and i tend to enjoy believing the peta conspiracies and shit like that

and im fucking sick of being handed peta pamphlets

but i have no prob with vegetarians or vegans. good job

12. Proper

Proper Elite Member

I lol'd.

13. Proper

Proper Elite Member

14. Subconcious

Subconcious Senior Member

WTF is this doing on a Graffiti forum?

That said, you will not find another person who agrees with you and PETA's cause more than I do. I am not vegetarian, but that doesn't mean I don't understand where you/they are coming from. In fact, I would be 100% vegan if meat didn't taste so damn good...

But seriously, I've been called a treehugger plenty of times and everybody around here knows me as that "stupid animal rights kid" among other things.

Props on the thread... but it doesn't really have a place on BombingScience.

15. Roolete

Roolete Elite Member

decided to be a vegan for no reason? you're 13, so you'll stick to it for what, 2 weeks?

plus you posted the recipe to make a fucking sandwich.

16. Batman_Onest

Batman_Onest Banned

Niether do you.

17. To.The.Beat

To.The.Beat Senior Member

i was vegeterian
    and i wish i still could be
    but my body just doesn't suit it, even with suppliments ect.

now i only eat meat if it's at least organic, free range, ect.
    or stolen :)

oh and on peta, i think they're rubbish.

18. Subconcious

Subconcious Senior Member

I just ordered my free Vegetarian starter kit from Peta... O.O

19. -sense-

-sense- Senior Member

who loves chicken.i do..alot.
    cat is pretty tender and is even better when you kill it yourself. gives it more of a domestic taste.
    why eat veggie meat, thats like drinking piss and saying its better for you than water because its organic.

20. Reason To-Shine

Reason To-Shine Senior Member

PETA uses scare tactics to get children to not eat meat...