Home     Graffiti Shop     Forum
Earn / Redeem Credits
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Protection

I'm just sayin', I was seein' a lot of really dumb ideas posted and wanted to post something that was legitimate... I feel I have used the word "legit" wayyy too much lately.

I haven't gotten his free trial or anything, I doubt I need it but I'd rather be safe than sorry since I tend to be alone by myself a lot and don't want to get fucked over just because some homo brought a knife, or hes got buddies with him.

Most of it is common sense if you think about it, but 'common sense isn't so common'.

As for me personally, my training currently consists of a lot of stretching, balance practice, and practice throwing punches.

I sometimes throw punches with weights in my hands to get that extra power.

I usually practice target and hand-eye coordination by throwing punches while turning around quickly and targeting an object in the distance, so if the object was close enough it would be a direct hit.

I'm not eating nearly enough to do any sort of weight training right now though.

I think the most important thing is to learn to avoid unnecessary fights though, no matter how tough you think you are, there's always someone tougher.

I ain't gotta prove anything to anyone but myself, so I could care less if I run away from a fight in the middle of the night because some jackass thinks he saw me hit up a wall, at least I know I won't be getting arrested for vandalism AND assault.

Most punks who try 'n challenge you will backoff if you just push 'em, especially if you can knock 'em to the ground.

Intimidation wins and loses fights...not shit talking though, that gets your ass beat. Just "com'on, step, ready..." with a confident attitude type shit.

edit: oh and one other thing, I sometimes slap box my dog haha, I feel this really helps because its live interaction with a living thing, and it teaches self control because I obviously don't want to hurt my dog, but I'm quick enough to lean in and tap him multiple times no matter how he moves his head, and pull my hands away without getting nipped most the time.
    Last edited by Hobbes; 09-25-2008 at 12:15 AM.
    "If you're gonna shut up, graffiti and write!"

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

you beat your dog haha yeah i spose your right but if im 100% honest id say its a scam to get you hooked

MDC

Well its not like I plan to pay for anything...I just think its cool there is some good tips on the site and a 30-day free trial for more info.

I've gained a lot of knowledge over the years about fighting, there's lots to think about. The most important is that you will not have good control over fine-motor skills, so that's why it is important to practice large movements, and doing them with power. So it is second nature and you won't have to think during a fight "oh shit, I was supposed to kick his knees out first thing!" instead you would have already reacted and within 10 seconds hopefully have your enemy on the ground with you standing above him sayin' "Aight chief you straight?" and rush him soon as he tries to get up.

Like I said, I practice a lot of stretching, my entire body, and I think every writer should have at least a 15min "physical ritual" to prep him before goin' out in the streets, so if you do have to toss a back a few quick 'bows, you aren't going to hurt yourself and you are going to be able to do it with enough force to knock down even larger enemies.

and yeah I just kicked my dogs ass, I actually don't like to hit him a lot 'cause hes kinda dumb so I just see how fast I can move my hands around his head and occasionally do the "Hand in the tigers mouth" thing haha

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

i get pissed wen people say they have been doing boxing/kickboxing for like a year and think there solid
    you have 2 be actualy GOOD for it to help you
    its good for staying fit and fast tho
    The music is what its all about.
    I love it just like you love it, thats why your here, im here coz i love to play, you dont come i cant play and i love to play.

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes View Post
    Well its not like I plan to pay for anything...I just think its cool there is some good tips on the site and a 30-day free trial for more info.

I've gained a lot of knowledge over the years about fighting, there's lots to think about. The most important is that you will not have good control over fine-motor skills, so that's why it is important to practice large movements, and doing them with power. So it is second nature and you won't have to think during a fight "oh shit, I was supposed to kick his knees out first thing!" instead you would have already reacted and within 10 seconds hopefully have your enemy on the ground with you standing above him sayin' "Aight chief you straight?" and rush him soon as he tries to get up.

Like I said, I practice a lot of stretching, my entire body, and I think every writer should have at least a 15min "physical ritual" to prep him before goin' out in the streets, so if you do have to toss a back a few quick 'bows, you aren't going to hurt yourself and you are going to be able to do it with enough force to knock down even larger enemies.

and yeah I just kicked my dogs ass, I actually don't like to hit him a lot 'cause hes kinda dumb so I just see how fast I can move my hands around his head and occasionally do the "Hand in the tigers mouth" thing haha
    id kick my dogs ass but the poor guys just been fixedbut yeah im not to big on the big hits unless you can land em solidly without missing , but yeah talking about it is alot diffrent to when it happens for real .. if youve seen the vid on youtube of the mexican gangster getting knocked out by a white kid doing tai kwando thats a perfect example of how it works if you train enough.

and yeah we should all stay fit n shit cos it will help us at the end of the day especially if you like rooftops and shit then you need the upper strength, for the last few days i been looking into bruce lee's physical and mental training not so much the jkd but more how he kept fit and what shit he did,lol its pretty easy sounding but ima have to put in the hours which i cant really at the moment :/

MDC

the only protection u will everrrr need

IF GRAFF IS AN ADDICTION THEN YOU CAN CALL ME A TWEAKER
    Quote Originally Posted by simple zen View Post
    i wish i could be more like antik
    Quote Originally Posted by Cesk View Post
    o ya zen i totally agree with you that guy is soooo awesome =)

Worrrddd, always put a lubed1 on each finger, this will giver your opponent what is known as "lube-face" and thus win the fight.

hahahahahaha i lol'd
    IF GRAFF IS AN ADDICTION THEN YOU CAN CALL ME A TWEAKER
    Quote Originally Posted by simple zen View Post
    i wish i could be more like antik
    Quote Originally Posted by Cesk View Post
    o ya zen i totally agree with you that guy is soooo awesome =)

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

i usually carry a hot bowl of chilli everywhere i go
    its fast and effective
    and if you dont have to use it you get to enjoy a snack later

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Quote Originally Posted by unreal180 View Post
    used 2 carry a screwdriver...got bord wid that
    then it was a spanna
    now these new jeans wid small pockets i use hands or a can
    Call me ignant but WAT THE FUCK IS SPANNA????

<(o O),,l,_
    Dipset All MuthaFuckin Day.

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Quote Originally Posted by anti-anti-crime View Post
    nah
    jab to the right eye.
    straight right to the nose.
    left hook to the face.
    kick to the upper leg
    then take em down and throws elbows to the head till theres blood all over or atleast untill hes knocked out. then when ur about to leave kick him hard as shit in the face.
    Not sayin that aint a good combo but im in the NC Iredell county area an fools round here use a gun like pussys an after the first jab youd prob be shot not sayin nobody could do it but yeah......

An SKETCH3 IS FUCKING BANNED YEAH EVERYBODY CELEBRATE ! ! ! ! !

<(o O),,l,_

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes View Post
    Okay, seriously, do we really need this thread?

Could a mod just merge this with the old, mis-spelled self-defense thread?

This is so redundant, we get it, everyone has some sort of stupid ass idea of what is a good way to defend yourself.

Oranges in a sock, okay!

Check this site out, http://closecombattraining.com/ its pretty legit, haven't gotten the free trial or shit, but there's some good info on that site.

Seriously, check that shit because some of you kids are talking STUPID fucking ideas that will probably get you killed.

Especially if you think your fucking wrestling skills will help you, the guy on that site damn nearly lost his life using his bullshit martial art techniques and trying to wrestle with a guy that had a knife, grappling is retarded.

-I can tell you from personal experience that it is entirely retarded to be fighting on the ground, you waste A LOT of energy by wrestling like a retard, using all of your muscles. Plus on the ground it is easier to fight dirty and get stabbed, when I fought this kid he had brought a goddamn blade but I told him we weren't doing that (watched too many movies I guess) but during the fight we got on the ground and the knife was right there, I had the perfect opportunity to stab this kid, but I'm not that type of person so I didn't. It was a stupid ass fight and no one really won because we just tired ourselves out like retards.
    Probably gona get in trouble but fuckit NOBODY CARES IF ITS THE SAME THING CAUSE IT WAS SUPOSED TO BE ABOUT THE WEAPON BUT LIKE U SAID PPL TALKIN STUPID!!!! LET THEM ITS FUNNY. SHIT I READ HALF THESE THREADS KUS OF THE STUPIDITY THAT IS TYPED KUS IT IS FUCKING FUNNY!!!!!!!!

<(o O),,l,_

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

I carry peppers ray and a blade.
    -just your average neighborhood Spiderman

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

i normaly carry a gerber fast draw knife. and a quick tip if you are carrying a marker like a pilot super or sharpie magnum put it in your hand and it becomes a great impact weapon and help to not break your fingers.

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

pocket knife for sure! but be kind and avoid confrontation. your brain is your best weapon
    just apply pressure to the trigger to quickly ease the pain..

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

i carry a stilleto or a fillet knife for intimedation
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimlocke View Post
    I tagged a bus seat yesterday.

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

I scored a Boker Subcom on eBay Friday night and won the auction for $15. Haven't gotten it yet, but looks like a decent compact blade.

Name:  boker01bo589.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  31.3 KB
    PM me if you're looking to trade or cop sum stickers.

Quote Originally Posted by inpho_211 View Post
    fact:my mom's not a whore..she just wanted me to look like 6 of her closest friends..

that shit looks like a chode

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Quote Originally Posted by Strange Journeys View Post
    that shit looks like a chode
    ...could prolly slap someone with it like you'd slap 'em with a chode, too.
    PM me if you're looking to trade or cop sum stickers.

Quote Originally Posted by inpho_211 View Post
    fact:my mom's not a whore..she just wanted me to look like 6 of her closest friends..

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

my edc (every day carry) changes quite a bit but as of now i carry an asp 21 inch baton and at least one knife right now kershaw blur s30v also a very powerful flashlight at least 100 lumens right now i carry my 4sevens preon 2.
    Name:  16in_Airweight_Expandable_Baton-ASP52212.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  21.5 KB

Name:  4sevens-preon2-blue.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  64.1 KB
    Optik : DMA
    Everything I post is somebody else's work. I have never been involved in any vandalism or destruction of property, and I assume no responsibility for what my posts may say.