Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Paint thiners

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by TASR, Oct 21, 2008.

Share This Page

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TASR

TASR Banned

I was just wondering if I can use thompson's waterseal waterproofer plus tinted wood preotecter to thin my rusto bucket paint out, and would the waterproofness make my paint more resistant to weather?

2. FLIP FLOP

FLIP FLOP Senior Member

why dont you just use normal paint thinner? and why did you need to make a whole new thread?

3. TASR

TASR Banned

Because it's all I have at the moment

4. FLIP FLOP

FLIP FLOP Senior Member

ok well i dont know anything about that stuff but rusto is already fairly resistant to the weather. and if you need to get paint thinner just get it at walmart.

5. wpgtags

wpgtags Senior Member

yeah wtf is with this new thread read the forums and posts man u'll find out just stick with paint thinner or lacquer thinner if u have to

6. Each

Each Senior Member

what i did was i took lacour thinner and that worked just dandy. dunno if you got that though

7. Baron

Baron Moderator

Dear tasr,

I want to cut a small hole at point at which your trachea meets your collar bone, along with another small incision along the base of your pelvis. While keeping you conscious with acetylcholine I will sever the mesoderm that holds your body's useless organs in place and proceed to thread a multiple of strings through the top incision. I will tie each end oh so tightly around each major artery and organ, then one by one make your abdomen into my own little marionette doll. Once I have had my fair share of fun with that I will draw the strings out to show you, in detail, of your your body's systems work. You see that bolt cutters in the corner? You start to panic. You wonder "whats going on?". You call me a demon and a sick bastard. I smirk and proceed to slice the sternum of your chest wide open, breaking each rib, and revealing the heart and lung. Once again no antiseptics are given. You pass out by the sight of your own heart, beating in a sporadic pattern. I quickly produce a bucket of ice water, you're not going to get away that easy. I put a block of wood in between your ankles and take a sledge hammer into each one and proceed to soak the following, blood curdling, screams in like a finely tuned symphony. A little flat though, I must say. Your ACL is cut and shrivels up like a tightly wound of tape behind you knee caps. you scream, you holler, like it makes a difference. Each tiny little digit is cut off with a cigar cutter soaked in lemon juice. For its only the best for you. You beg me to get it over with. So, agreeing with your statement, I prepare for the "finale" if you will. I thread the final string through your body and tie it to your colon and sever it with a steak knife. I yank the awful smelling mass of involuntary muscle through your thoracic cavity and up your through until your mouth is full of your own shit. How complete. I sever you major arteries and place you upside down in a shallow tub so you drown in your own worthless blood. It has been a long day.

With the darkest of sick intentions,

Baron

;)

8. TASR

TASR Banned

funny guy, a simple "that's a stupid toy question" would of sufficed

9. H3TT1NG3R

H3TT1NG3R Elite Member

yes, you can use it. actully its good too, becasue it has a uv protecter, and prbably a bunch of other stuff you want. but also proly a bunch of stuff you dotn want. but if its all you have its fine

10. H3TT1NG3R

H3TT1NG3R Elite Member

also, ill include a list of thinners for you people.

FOR OIL BASED PAINT(rusto)
    -paitn thinner
    -acetone
    -mineral spirits
    -MEK
    -linseed oil
    -de-natured alcohol(not reccomended)
    -xylene
    -toulene
    -turpentine(smells liek pinesol)

FOR INKS
    -methanol
    -acetone
    -ethanol
    -de-natured alcohol
    -isopropanol
    -rubbign alcohol
    -mek
    -wood hardener(MEK+shit)
    -butanol
    -tehres a fuckign million others, but those are some common ones

dotn add brakefluid to your paints. only inks.

ADDITIVES FOR PAINT
    -hydrochloric acid
    -bitumen
    idk

11. PeeInTheShower

PeeInTheShower Elite Member

does it have to be rusto or could it be winton? the thick shit that comes in a tube. holy fucking christ i need this question answered and i've asked it a dozen times.

12. H3TT1NG3R

H3TT1NG3R Elite Member

you can thin anything. what base is the paint? if its ACRYLIC or LATEX based, water is the best thinner. or you can go buy thinners taht are glossy or w.e.
    if it says OIL based then use the oil based paitn thinners. any brand, im just saying rusto becasue its most commonly used

13. PeeInTheShower

PeeInTheShower Elite Member

oil based paint thinners? i didn't know there was such a thing. please enlighten me.

14. Baron

Baron Moderator

Home depot has thinners, look for the ones that say OIL

15. Cesk

Cesk Banned

+Love for you sir, great addition, I'm gonna write that down before this thread is deleted. LOL thanks bro.

16. H3TT1NG3R

H3TT1NG3R Elite Member

lol look at my huge post, then lok at the ones for OIL PAINT. those are oil thinners.

17. SoBmoB

SoBmoB Banned

mineral spirits > all.

18. Enmity

Enmity Elite Member

H3TT1NG3R

good post . im adding that to the sticky

dumb thread .. closed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.