Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Fixed Gear Bikes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by .A.K.4.7., Oct 29, 2008.

Share This Page

1. .A.K.4.7.

.A.K.4.7. Elite Member

2. Enmity

Enmity Elite Member

i rode bikes..i did alot of DH and freeride but i never was a fan of those, ... them scene kids seem to ride em alot .. with their tight little shorts and thrift store clothes . ive seen kids do manuals and some crazy powerslides and stuff with them which is cool tho ...

3. .A.K.4.7.

.A.K.4.7. Elite Member

im purely into the bikes themselves, building them and that...

all the rest of the scene can get fucked

4. Proper

Proper Elite Member

They look mad funky. How are the seats though? I ride bikes for long periods of time and that shit be hurting my buttocks :(

5. .A.K.4.7.

.A.K.4.7. Elite Member

the one on my mates is so painful, but you can get lush ones

6. Proper

Proper Elite Member

There still mad uncomfortable, though.

All of the really good ones are much to expensive. Too expensive for a seat cushion/cover.

7. osnapizzel

osnapizzel Banned

i remember i used to ride bikes....man those were the dayyyss

8. Enmity

Enmity Elite Member

yeh .. bikes are fun. i was like forced to quit it kinda sucked cause i loved the sport. i got sponsored by the local shop for freeriding . did some contests and shit won a few .. moved up north .. built trails in the woods with a buddy .. this is when shit started to suck.. i got hurt badly.. money was tight .the shop wasnt doing good and they couldnt hook it up as much like they used too...i snapped my frame (rm7dh ..frame alone is like 2+ g's) that was like my main ride... took out my spare frame it was an older rm6.. snapped that one too .. moved back down south for the summer.. hurricane came and destroyed all of the bike trails and parks where i live .. the scene pretty much died in FL after that .. mostly everyone i knew in the community stoped riding or moved..( the shop went under due to bad owner swap ... i couldnt afford paying for bikes and parts since i was getting everything for free before). i sold my bike for 300 dollars to some kid and bought a bunch of weed... end of my biking career.

9. .A.K.4.7.

.A.K.4.7. Elite Member

10. Enmity

Enmity Elite Member

lol well you had me thinking of old days man .. i was gettin all emotional .. *sniff*

11. osnapizzel

osnapizzel Banned

yea i remember one time i snapped the front shocks on my mountain bike...such a bad beef ooohhh man

12. wafflecakee

wafflecakee Elite Member

yeye fixies. i've got a few that i built up myself. they're kinda junky but fun nonetheless. I was a courier last summer, good times.

13. hazetheone

hazetheone Elite Member

ai450.photobucket.com_albums_qq229_benrejoice_zzzzzzzzzzzz.jpg
    haha this is the only picture i have of mine old schwin
    its a piece but i love it more than anything i own

14. hazetheone

hazetheone Elite Member

and arel watson is the black guy...
    my identity must stay a seeeeecret

15. Proper

Proper Elite Member

This one time, I wrecked on those small motorized choppers right in the middle of the street.

16. buffadds

buffadds Member

Fixed gears are dangerous as fuck, they're designed for people who are not in their right mind and wish to kill themfuckingelves and others. You gotta be crazy to ride a fixed gear and a populated city and even crazier to ride one with no brakes, I got mad bike messanger friends believe me they are this nuts they hit old ladys and taxi cabs all day long and spend way too much money repairing they're bikes which cost about a G each.
    Wouldn't trade it for the world.

17. osnapizzel

osnapizzel Banned

yeah fuck that i stick to my longboard, even though that has no breaks either

18. alexhate

alexhate Senior Member

i went to northstare last summer on a friends M1 razor,fuck yes ski lifts,

i was given a road bike a few months ago,its a work in progress.

oh and a "G" for a whole bike is cheap. start riding down mountains not to a coffee shop and frames start costing 3000+

19. edapt_gc

edapt_gc Member

they are fun as hell. I know they get a lot of crap for being the hipster ride of choice, but I love them. They are so simple that they are beautiful. here's a pic of my ride.

[Broken External Image]:http://velospace.org/files/gilligankilo1.jpg

20. alexhate

alexhate Senior Member

thats very true they are very clean and simple,a very good look