Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Do you honestly think your writings are justified????

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by eVeN, Nov 6, 2008.

Share This Page

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eVeN

eVeN Member

I wanna hear some real responses...cuz some peeps just write cuz they honsetly dont have anything else to do but play mark eckos getting up and steal a marker and tag up shit. lol

2. BORG

BORG Moderator

approved for time being........dont be a fuckin homo n say the dumbest shit u can think of....

and i dont think any destruction is justified, though u can tell urself it is, but theres no legit reason to do what we do

3. Maste

Maste Senior Member

honeslty i never thoguht about it...i mean i write casue i wanna make shit that looks good and i want people to see it. but i also want to be known and honeslty i started just being bored hanging with friends (no mark ecko involved). this is actually a pretty hard question. how can we say anythign we do is justified? its... fuck i dont know how to answer this...that might mean no or it might mean i just dont know

4. neuk

neuk Member

i think doing it to express yourself in a creative way is justified enough. Some people write books, some people produce music, others... we paint on walls.

5. twotimesfive

twotimesfive Senior Member

I write mainly do to insecurities.

Plus it's fun and fame's awesome.

6. neuk

neuk Member

^^ i dub on insecurities, it makes me forget about them, and when i sit in random places and hear people bitching about graffiti or boasting it and mention my name.. i like that..

7. BigBlueViolence

BigBlueViolence Elite Member

I think this is a stupid question to ask a writer.
    It's like asking a bank robber if what he does is justifiable.
    It doesn't matter to me whether or not it's a justifiable act,
    I'm going to do it either way.

8. anti-anti-crime

anti-anti-crime Elite Member

because all of our society is covered with nothing but flat, boring shit and if it is colorful, its a fucking advertisement. i seek to make people realize we dont need to look at the same old shit every single day. im trying to tell people that they can change what they have to look at on a day to day basis. everybody has the justificiation to change what they want to see. and for me, i want to see as much creativness as possible. and as for the referrence to marc ecko, ive never played that game in my life. ive never worn his clothing in my life. shur, ive thought about it and even sometimes took the initiative to get it, but never succeeded.

9. JETPACK!!

JETPACK!! Banned

no, it's not justified.

but if i wasnt writing, id be selling drugs or getting into more serious trouble.

i gotta do something illegial and unjustifiable. painting happens to be it.

10. osnapizzel

osnapizzel Banned

writing is my way of taking back our public space from all the big company advertisments.

its an underground movement that i chose to join

11. SoBmoB

SoBmoB Banned

Writing is a form of the unspoken suffering and a voice for billions of voices supressed by tyranical fascist neo-technocratic dictatorships imposed on every aspect of human life. It is the one thing that will truly be free. No matter how many corporations or legislative directives are incorporated into the 'image' of writing.

Graffiti has become it's own languange, as well as an evolved mindset for those who perservere through the hardships and challenges faced while dedicating and risking their entire life to fufill the aspiration of getting up and constantly create something new and original...

If you look at is as a genuine language. Unlike any other language or dialect which can be learned in the matter of 6 months to a couple of years. Graffiti requires an entire lifetime of dedication as well as a large portion of your emotions, physical endurance, mental sacrafice among other things to acquire the skills, knowledge and experience needed to be considered a 'writer'.

Writing has become a religion, a revolution , and above all. A meaningful way of life...

Stay true to the art form.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2008
  12. FuLa

FuLa Elite Member

graffiti is not justifiable other than by some selfish-ass egocentric reason. just like war isn't justifiable to make peace.you can do it, and it works but it is not the right way of getting a point across. in a different society definitely but in the current one it just isn't...
    but I still fucking love it...

13. IlikePie

IlikePie Elite Member

I try not to think about it as something I can justify. I just do it 'cuz I'm somewhat decent at it. I mean I'm good at shit, but I like to see something out on the street and just know that was me, I can do it, and do it well. That's my justification of the artform. This is like that, "Is graffiti art or vandalism" thread. Its artistic destruction. We may think of all these cool, deep reasons for why we write, but at the end of the day, we're all thinking about our anonomyous fame. Graffiti is something that shouldn't be taken too seriously. When it loses the fun, and turns into just straight war, we've lost our reasoning.

14. FuckTheFame

FuckTheFame Elite Member

i dont think i've ever heard any person reasonably justify graff
    but thats not the reason we do it
    in my opinion its just doing something that you know your not supposed to do
    sure you can go do other criminal acts just as easily...but this is just more fun
    but its not just going out doing sensless vandalism to most
    its more than that in the fact that we try to become better at it
    we work on our letters, try different colors, and just get up as much as humanly possible
    its about seeing our name, knowing we did it, and knowing theres not a damn thing anyone can do to stop us

15. PeeInTheShower

PeeInTheShower Elite Member

you guys have it easy. i do graffiti because i was constantly molested by my 65 year old baby sitter.

16. nero112

nero112 Elite Member

im not gnna justiy it..i like doing it and im not gnna stop its fun destrying shit and im gnna stpe there and listen to my neighbour beat his wife..ahhh the sounds of spousal abuse

17. Contakt

Contakt New Member

Writing is one of the only art forms that younger people can enjoy, and it's everywhere! Taking a kid to a museum will bore the shit outta them [a lot of the time] but just them seeing a nicely done piece on a wall as they're driving by gives them much more of a thrill. Writing makes things more interesting in general, and, to be honest, if it looks nice, it harms no one.
    It's still an underground community, but it gains a lot of recognition nowadays.
    So i guess writers do what they can to bring themselves and other writers into the public's eye.
    But with or without justification, it's gonna happen.

18. blaje

blaje Senior Member

I don't think my bombs are justified, but then again there's a lot of shit in the world that goes unjustified. If Americas allowed to be in Iraq, then i'm allowed to write on shit

19. bountyhunter113

bountyhunter113 Elite Member

20. eVeN

eVeN Member

honestly..i think my shit is justified....because my version of justification is diff than the fuckin judge who would prosecute me if the cops catch me...lol...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.