Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

3-d

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by Trashtask, May 10, 2004.

Share This Page

1. Trashtask

Trashtask Senior Member

Im a prery good tagger when it comes to makers but when i get into meralls (3-d)
    figures I bomb out i cant even do a good one on papper and it sucks ifyou have any good advice ,f pics that can help it is apprshated very much!

2. stak

stak Senior Member

are you from *.no?

3. EvokeOne

EvokeOne Senior Member

If your in High school take art class. That helps a lot.

4. RMA

RMA Elite Member

3Ds always been common sense to me, just pay attention to your surroundings figure out how they are, it's simple.

5. Swollen Member

Swollen Member Senior Member

This is how I always do it, and it always works.

1) Pick any spot on the page, or pick a spot where you want your shadow(3-D) to go. Mark it with a small dot.

2) Connect all possible points on your sketch to it, with desired length. Using a ruler could be helpful.

6. Swollen Member

Oh, and when you've connected all the points to the dot (within desired length), connect lines on each letter to close the gap.

7. FOEone

FOEone Elite Member

its called the vanishing point

8. ESNED

ESNED Elite Member

i do that alot very easy

9. kamikaze

kamikaze Senior Member

I took a art class at the college in sixth grade and that helped me a lot... If your school doesnt have a good art class, go to a community College

10. Swollen Member

its called the vanishing point [/b][/quote]
    Ah yes, thank you for clearing that up.

11. shaffer

shaffer Senior Member

um an easy way to do 3D is by drawing lines of equal length from every corner point anything that sticks out basically, but make sure they all go to the left, up, right, etc. SAME DIRECTion. now on the side of that letter connect all of the lines.
    for practice try this: draw a square. now draw lines going up and to the left from every corner. now connect all the lines on each side. TADA! you have a poppy boxy thingy. hope this helped :D

12. MoNkEy

MoNkEy Elite Member

i duno ive allways been able to do 3-d like in maths when i have to draw shapes i can do it perfectley same wid art aswell i have allways been able to.

MoNkEy

13. BeMo

BeMo Senior Member

yea, like swollen said, just take and draw back to the vanishing point, simple really.

14. EvokeOne

EvokeOne Senior Member

A SHADOW IS NOT PART OF 3-D ITS IN THE CATEGORY FOR SHADES. SO SHADO AND 3-D ARE NOT THE SAME THING.

15. method

method Member

just to make you probably more confused
    there are 2 kinds of " 3-D " in visual art
    the one with vanishing point, and the one without vanishing point
    - both was brought up, vanishing point 3-ding is the one where you connect ur letters to the dot, the none vanishing point one is the one where you make all your lines the same length and pointing one direction. example - all 3-d edges points down.

another kind of 3Ding that i htought was pretty krazy is when you set your vanishing point in the middle of your word. example - when i tag NEXION, i would probably have a imaginary vanishing point somewhere on the right side of X where the the center of the word is. ( "I" takes up little space ) and just like the vanishing point 3-ding, connect sides to the imaginary vanishing point. you may have to do a bit more work because you are connecting all inner sides of the letters instead of outer sides. ( when you 3d normally )

ok.. i thought that was pretty confusing coming from myself.. sowwie

16. jurass finish first

jurass finish first Elite Member

ya the shadow isnt too hard to do. . . but if you make it really big and shade it so it looks like the lights hitting it from a certain direction it looks pretty good. but i think this guys talkin about like daim 3d and shit. in which case i can't help you at all haha

17. oblong

oblong Elite Member

anyone who calls themselves " a pretty good tagger" should quit writing right now. not to be negative but for future reference never calls yourself a "tagger" again

thank you!

18. afterten

afterten Elite Member

if you're starting out, just try to keep all your 3D lines parallel.

EX:
    [Broken External Image]:http://www.visualorgasm.com/photos/to-causr016.jpg

look at his 3d lines. they all go straight down, parallel to each other. thats just basic 3D. start simple.

P.S. thanks to VO for the flick. thanks to Causr for being great.

19. ESNED

ESNED Elite Member

simple is simple for the simple

20. shaffer

shaffer Senior Member

my bad but hey now i know