Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Marsh, Is It A Good Ink?

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by EvokeOne, May 10, 2004.

Share This Page

1. EvokeOne

EvokeOne Senior Member

I have read and seen people talk about marsh. i just want to know if any one uses it and if they do how good is it? Does it stain? Would you recomend to buy it? Or what other in would you recomend to buy? :D

2. Swollen Member

Swollen Member Senior Member

I use it when I can. It is definitely a good ink alone, or mixed with others. Plus, Marsh has some nice applicators available. Go for it.

3. ESNED

ESNED Elite Member

ya man its all i use in my hard 2 buff

4. imported_newz12

imported_newz12 Moderator

One of the best ink around

5. Sier

Sier Senior Member

marsh is a good ink, it drips good when you put it in a kiwi bottle.

6. kamikaze

kamikaze Senior Member

Never used it, but i heard the same things these guys are tellin ya

7. zil

zil Senior Member

marsh is a pretty damn good ink, but i just got garvey, and once u try that u will never use anything else..

8. Adro

Adro New Member

How do u get marsh?

9. Wombat

Wombat Member

Marsh is one of the hardest inks to find. It's also expensive. I've seen it available at one graf shop and for one gallon it was $80, and that was on sale! Your best bet is to follow one of the hundred different homemade ink recipes. And to use the marsh industrial pen (buy off of mail-order) it's one of the toughest pens around.

10. zil

zil Senior Member

ya marsh is expensive and truely overpriced in my opinion.. the only 2 inks i will buy is pilot and garvey... both are good for the price... otherwise i just use a mop and fill it homeade krink (HELLLLA CHEAP) or modified kiwi (also cheap).. so ya.. a message to all the kids at home... BUY SOME DAMN GARVEY! dont waste ur money on overpriced shit..

11. pocket_change

pocket_change Elite Member

yeah marsh is a bit over priced i paid $40 for a gallon it only lasted me a month it's a great ink none of the less. if you can get it for cheap go for it.

12. oblong

oblong Elite Member

you can get marsh spray ink from any industrial shipping store and u can also buy the undustrial marker and then metal tins of ink at the place where i go.
    and yes, it is expesive as fuck

13. tyrone biggums

tyrone biggums Member

marsh is a pretty good ink. the thing about it is that it flows very well, drips nicely and is opaque. in terms of permanency, it's about as permanent as bucket paint - pretty much meaning it won't weather away for years but it won't leave a nice ghost either. just kind of sits on top of the surface, doesn't seep in. i like to mix my marsh with garvey. you get a nice dark purple with it and it flows exceptionally well. it also stains pretty hard - it's like getting the best of both worlds. on unpainted metal, no one can remove that shit.. it's there until you paint over it, and even than it can seep through the paint if it's that shitty thin buff paint that my city uses. so yeah, i'd recommend buying some marsh as well as garvey and mixing them.

14. ESNED

ESNED Elite Member

violet flowpen/marsh/griffin im gunna try it out

15. REdRum

REdRum Senior Member

hey any1 got any links to sites or know of any places were you can purchase marsh or garvey inks?

16. Marsh is hella good but it cost you 40 box for a gallon .. prettty expesive .. i have an idea for you guys with the 40 $ go buy material for make your own ink .... with 40 box you ca have like 4 gallon for the same price ;)

17. twistedsol831

twistedsol831 Senior Member

is it really worth ur money? that shit is pretty pricey.

18. expo

expo Senior Member

40 bucks? i think i saw it for a gallon 100 bucks.

19. Skippy

Skippy Senior Member

one gallon gone in a month?.......whoa man...you must be wasting mad ink on SHIT...i got a pint and still have enough to fill up 2 full mops...you gotta use good shit wisely kids...

20. cuttingxedge

cuttingxedge Senior Member

marsh is sweet ink but for the price you could buy other supplies and make some good homemade shit (KRINK!) :ph34r: